locker or true trac?

lubeowner

Reaction score
Don't get a Detroit locker if you are doing any truck pulling. If you snap and axle it will destory the locker. Tru trac will hold through it better and is your only option. Ived used them all pulling.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Don't get a Detroit locker if you are doing any truck pulling. If you snap and axle it will destory the locker. Tru trac will hold through it better and is your only option. Ived used them all pulling.

Yukon Grizzly Locker would be a beast and if anything breaks they'll replace it and pay parts and labor up to $2K

strokin6L

Reaction score

got at least a dozen hooks on my detroit locker with zero issues and never had a problem. Even towed with it and no issues. Did you have a bad experience with a locker when pullin Jeremy?

powerstroker67

Reaction score
We run Detroit Lockers in all our trucks with the exception of the 2011 and 2012 that were ordered with factory e-lockers. The trucks don't see alot of sled pulling but do see alot of trailer toweing with zero issues.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Love my true track... hooked the ol girl to a sled this summer and exploded the stock posi LSD... true track in a week later... awesome and smooth..

juniort444e

Reaction score
Tru Trac all the way. I cannot tell you how much i love mine. Well worth it no doubt, but i want something for the front as well, just dont know if a tru trac would be over kill or what.

El chupacabra

Reaction score
I have the Eaton e-locker in the front great unit. Got it when I tore the spiders outs the frontend pulling. Tree stumps eventually I will get the matching locker in the rearend.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I guess I am the only one that has good luck with the stock LS. I have gone through 2 sets of rear tires and my fronts are still 75% lol. Lots of drifts, rolling burn outs, towing, ect

Dweber

Reaction score
Friend has true trac in his 08 and it works great. He mainly sled pulls and races the truck and both tires have always locked in.

powerstroker67

Reaction score
I guess I am the only one that has good luck with the stock LS. I have gone through 2 sets of rear tires and my fronts are still 75% lol. Lots of drifts, rolling burn outs, towing, ect

We just did another True Trac install and took out a working(as well as they do) 3 pinion factory LS unit if someone is looking for one to replace there open diff. It will need carrier bearings before it's installed. This True Trac went into a truck that tows and plows snow, feed back from the customer so far is that it works great!

Karls03

Reaction score
I think that I am the only poster here that HATES his True Trac! Turn left, nail it: donuts. Turn right, nail it: ONE TIRE FIRE. At it gets better, hot dogging around a left from a standing start, sling the rear end out (WOO HOO POSI!), when it comes back the other way, I'm still on the loud pedal, the P.O.S. UNLOCKS, the trans down shifts, one tire fire, and I found the rev limiter before I could figure out what happpened. ANother night, took a sweeping right about 20~25, thought I could hit the loud pedal and accelerate out of the turn, WRONG! One tire fire! Do a two footed burnout, starts as two, then goes to one.

But I don't always drive my Souper Doody like my 1967 Mustang, I was playin off road one day and found out that in 4HI I had to give the E-brake a few clicks to put enough pressure on it to lock up.

I f'in HATE my True Trac. I bought it new at Summit, it was shop installed and I really think it sucks for the money I spent on it. I've seen Trac-Locks that stay locked up more than this thing does. I really wish I would have ponied up the other $200 for a Detroit Locker that day at Summit Racing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.