Low Fuel Pressure

713Diesel

Reaction score
The airdog upgrade is mostly for guys running larger injectors, and guys who need the space where the fuel bowl sits. Only a small gain will be had on trucks with stock injectors. When you have enough fuel demand to suck down the pressure at the factory shrader valve below 4 psi then it's a definite need since there's more flow and regulator control with the upgrade. The extra filter is also redundant, and unnecessary so it's a plus to get rid of it for that purpose.

Thanks. That clears up everything. I believe I read on yalls website that with the upgrade you can run up to the 110 (I believe) injectors. Will there be any benefit in running the airdog with the upgrade and 60 injectors with everything else stock........ Maybe a batmo.

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks. That clears up everything. I believe I read on yalls website that with the upgrade you can run up to the 110 (I believe) injectors. Will there be any benefit in running the airdog with the upgrade and 60 injectors with everything else stock........ Maybe a batmo.

mostly just peace of mind on the 60's, and confidence that all the limiting factors (fuel filter housing passages, redundant filter, and banjo bolts) are eliminated. As far as the batmo, the fuel side doesn't care what air you're supplying it with, but obviously the more air you can get to the engine, the better & cooler it will run.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
What frp were you guys dropping to on a wot run? Mine will spike in the 20s and then drop to 15000. Im not sure if its my fass or my hpfp. Its a stage 1 elite pump by the way

Wayne

Reaction score
My pressure does fine at 24648 peak, and falls off quickly to 20900ish on xrace. Now my PCV is getting sticky, and pulls code P0088 at half throttle. I sure wish I did my low fuel pressure upgrades before the injection pump was damaged.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I think im going to put a new pump on the fass and see what it does. If not i guess its time for a new hpfp. How much are they wayne? My problem sound lp or hp pump? I just put 60s in from elite as well

madman1234509

Reaction score
Hard to say without being able to watch your lift pump pressure..... When I get my system on there will be a lift pump pressure gauge in the truck, just for assurance and if I ever need to diagnose a fueling problem.

Oh and btw I bought a hpfp with 40k on it for liek 280 shipped a few months back, keep an eye on the classifieds. And my name is wayne as well :p

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Thanks wayne and wayne. I have a feeling its both. fass is 6 years old and the elite pump has probably 90 or so on it. Ill try and get a gauge in it.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Holy cow. Is that maintained or is that a low spike and then it shoots back up? Mine at wot will stay at 15000. If i go 3/4 it hovers around 20000. Id check your hpfp harness. Sounds like it cuts out for a second unless this happens exact every time

drservo

Reaction score
No not maintained just a split second then picks back up, comes and goes.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Id look into the harness. There were issues with them chafing and they have an updated one

drservo

Reaction score
less than 500 miles on fresh filters, Ford tech said hes gonna try replacing the fuel pressure sensor first.

drservo

Reaction score
Fords gonna replace the hp fuel pump, do I need to go back with the OEM? Any other ideas while the pumps being replaced?

drservo

Reaction score
Installed a new factory HPFP few months ago, that didn't help. Installed an Aigdog 165 couple weeks ago and it helped a lot. At idle its around 5100 PSI, before it was around 4000. Does a lot better at WOT but still has dropped to 7000 a couple times at WOT then picks right back up. Down side- I lost 1.5 MPG in town after installing the Airdog haven't checked Hwy yet.

Latest posts

Members online