Making the best motor.

fordboy11

Reaction score
Oh yea i got these things to. Whatever they do.
2011-06-18_17-02-35_282.jpg

Oh Looks cool man you got some new body mount bolts.. I heard they keep your body nice and tight when taken off road... LOL

Iphone 4G for the win best pictures ever..

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Lets see if you smart guys can spot the not.
2011-06-22_23-02-22_790.jpg

2011-06-22_23-03-01_972.jpg

For the newbs thats not good...melted stand pipe.
Stand pipes melt at somewhere around 350*. not even joking.
What causes a melted standpipe? A dumbass smut driving a powerstroke.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Night #2 proved good. 07 is mounted studded and oil coolered.
2011-06-22_23-19-53_179.jpg

2011-06-22_23-20-22_880.jpg

2011-06-22_23-20-37_146.jpg

2011-06-23_00-18-49_588.jpg

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Where did you get this from? This thread is about making the best 6.0l engine.

If you plan on building the best 6.0 engine you are going to have to go a little farther than reusing your 04 parts. The 6.0 base foundation is great but it needs a lot of improvements to make it run great. I see that you got your ARP's but I think since you have plans for a great engine you are going to need bigger injectors, bigger turbo, aftermarket up-pipes, upgraded HPOP, etc.

I see that you have been debating on what turbo to use. Well the fact is that the 03 turbo(10 vane) is loud, but is prone to failure because of overboosting. This occurs because of the small amount of vanes opening and closing. The 04 was a little bit better with 13 vanes, but can still have some issues. The 05-07 had 15 vanes which is the most reliable out of all three. Sometimes you cant always go by what sounds the best, but instead what works the best. IMO you need to get a proven aftermarket turbo.

I dont want to bash you because I think you are trying to do a good thing, but take my advice and just upgrade before the problems occur. Even the 05-07 6.0's had the same issues as the 03, and 04 but just not as often. You are dumping wayyy to much money into this thing to cut yourself short.

Also, since you are not in California like I am, throw the EGR crap out the window.

Spend the money, do it right, and prove everyone wrong.

Last edited:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you plan on building the best 6.0 engine you are going to have to go a little farther than reusing your 04 parts. The 6.0 base foundation is great but it needs a lot of improvements to make it run great. I see that you got your ARP's but I think since you have plans for a great engine you are going to need bigger injectors, bigger turbo, aftermarket up-pipes, upgraded HPOP, etc.

I see that you have been debating on what turbo to use. Well the fact is that the 03 turbo(10 vane) is loud, but is prone to failure because of overboosting. This occurs because of the small amount of vanes opening and closing. The 04 was a little bit better with 13 vanes, but can still have some issues. The 05-07 had 15 vanes which is the most reliable out of all three. Sometimes you cant always go by what sounds the best, but instead what works the best. IMO you need to get a proven aftermarket turbo.

I dont want to bash you because I think you are trying to do a good thing, but take my advice and just upgrade before the problems occur. Even the 05-07 6.0's had the same issues as the 03, and 04 but just not as often. You are dumping wayyy to much money into this thing to cut yourself short.

Also, since you are not in California like I am, throw the EGR crap out the window.

Spend the money, do it right, and prove everyone wrong.

I dont like reading the whole thread either.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Answers to this are a few pages back.

I dont think it was clearly stated but the 07 will be used. The answer to why im not getting an aftermarket turbo is a page or so back.

I dont want to bash you because I think you are trying to do a good thing, but take my advice and just upgrade before the problems occur. Even the 05-07 6.0's had the same issues as the 03, and 04 but just not as often. You are dumping wayyy to much money into this thing to cut yourself short. Idk how your gonna bash me...everything you are probably thinking is in this thread somewhere.

Also, since you are not in California like I am, throw the EGR crap out the window. Of course

Spend the money, do it right, and prove everyone wrong.Money spent done right of course thee all eting proven wrong.

Im not trying to be a dick i just dont think you read everything. Happy trails.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Im not trying to be a dick i just dont think you read everything. Happy trails.

I wasn't implying that all of that stuff was not said before. I was just giving you an other opinion(which is the only reason you started this thread anyway).

To be honest, with your stubborn attitude I don't think you are going to get this thing completed right. Even the guys that designed and built this engine couldn't get it right, so I don't think an 18 year old with maybe 3-4 years diesel experience is going to stand a chance

What research have you done on the 6.0? To me it just sound like you are hoping you get lucky with this build, and with a 6.0 you are gonna need more than hope and luck.

Oh yeah, and when someone is just trying to help you out maybe you shouldn't be a smart a$$ and you might have a few people that like you around here. You're shooting yourself in the foot for future help.

MAC

Reaction score
I wasn't implying that all of that stuff was not said before. I was just giving you an other opinion(which is the only reason you started this thread anyway).

To be honest, with your stubborn attitude I don't think you are going to get this thing completed right. Even the guys that designed and built this engine couldn't get it right, so I don't think an 18 year old with maybe 3-4 years diesel experience is going to stand a chance

What research have you done on the 6.0? To me it just sound like you are hoping you get lucky with this build, and with a 6.0 you are gonna need more than hope and luck.

Oh yeah, and when someone is just trying to help you out maybe you shouldn't be a smart a$$ and you might have a few people that like you around here. You're shooting yourself in the foot for future help.

Whats the difference between an 18 year old with 3-4 years diesel experience and a 40 year old with 3-4 years diesel experience?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is one.

Anyways, carry on with your pissing match.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Whats the difference between an 18 year old with 3-4 years diesel experience and a 40 year old with 3-4 years diesel experience?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is one.

Anyways, carry on with your pissing match.

Well there is no difference with knowledge(unless whoever teaches you the ropes doesn't quite know what they are doing either). But there is a difference with maturity level. It is shown statistically that younger people make less informed decisions based upon lack of knowledge and or experience. The frontal cortex(lobe) of the brain is also not fully developed at 18 which would also play a role in decision making and consequences.(This is the main reason the US drinking age is 21 instead of 18 like it used to be.)

I'm not trying to get smart about it, but age does play a role lol :D

Last edited:

MAC

Reaction score
Well there is no difference with knowledge(unless whoever teaches you the ropes doesn't quite know what they are doing either). But there is a difference with maturity level. It is shown statistically that younger people make less informed decisions based upon lack of knowledge and or experience. The frontal cortex(lobe) of the brain is also not fully developed at 18 which would also play a role in decision making and consequences.(This is the main reason the US drinking age is 21 instead of 18 like it used to be.)

I'm not trying to get smart about it, but age does play a role lol :D

Dude, you're only 20, so get the f*ck out of here with this "age plays a role" bullsh*t :flipa:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Dude, you're only 20, so get the f*ck out of here with this "age plays a role" bullsh*t :flipa:

I don't know what your problem is but I was just stating a fact. I never said I was any better, but I'm also not rebuilding a 6.0...

Oh and by the way, your attitude and rebuttal shows just how ignorant you are.

MAC

Reaction score
I don't know what your problem is but I was just stating a fact. I never said I was any better, but I'm also not rebuilding a 6.0...

Oh and by the way, your attitude and rebuttal shows just how ignorant you are.

Thanks for calling me ignorant, hope you feel better now, vary mature of you :thumbup:

Now why don't you stop trying to make this thread about you and let Smut get back to his build :D

Goose

Reaction score
How about yall cut the BS. Smut actually got a engine which was more than what we all expected. Give him a chance.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It lives...ran ids on it and #5 is acting stupid so I have bought a new injector to be installed tmw.

Snake

Reaction score
All this talk of twins, big injectors, the "best" motor.........from what I can tell, the extent of your build is replacing an oil cooler and installing head studs. I'm underwhelmed.

HP goal? 250 at the wheels. LOL

MUDSTROKIN'

Reaction score
All this talk of twins, big injectors, the "best" motor.........from what I can tell, the extent of your build is replacing an oil cooler and installing head studs. I'm underwhelmed.

HP goal? 250 at the wheels. LOL

This isn't a build thread, it's a thread about what parts to mix and match between the two engines to get a solid platform to build on. The build thread will come along later i'm sure. (Correct me if i'm wrong smut)

Good work so far and BTW did you check on that piece in the fuel bowl?

Latest posts

Members online