More changes coming next week.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Well I got the ol girl home, and parked inside ready to start tearing into er.

Changing a few things around again...

-picked up the drive hub, mounting brackets, and pulley shaft yesterday afternoon. (sent the first one up to Shawn to use on his race truck)
-so I'm gonna add a second hpop to my engine and see how that works for me and the injectors.

-I was trying to get ahold of Jesse Warren, as we had spoke last week about rebuilding my current 225/100s into 300/150s.

-removing the single 18" electric fan, and installing a dual flex-a-lite system.

-pulling the primary turbo and installing my Quick Spool Valve back in. (I will be trying it with the bigger injectors first, with the valve tied in the open position, then hooking it up to operate the way it was intended.)

-installing a 60mm BOV onto the last section of piping between the intercooler and the intake manifold.

-changing fuel filters on the DAHL 200 and the Aeromotive filter.

-changing oil and filter.

-see if I can cut out the straight through 4" muffler and put in a straight pipe, as I'm sure it weighs 300# now that it is packed with soot from over fueling.

-if time permits, repair my overhead console display.

-not sure what to do Monday afternoon...lol

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Awesome man sounds eventful, i have a busy week myself ahead of me. do work!

kevin

Reaction score
If you get bored you can come down and finish my compounds lol.. iv been battling flu like syptoms the past eeek and havent got anything done :(

Extended Power

Reaction score
Kevin, you keep that chit with you man...I'm off for 3weeks, and don't wanna waste any of it chittn on the throne.lol

Extended Power

Reaction score
Just used AE software to scan for codes...
Here is what it shows...

Rippn into it tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMAG0373.jpg
    IMAG0373.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0374.jpg
    IMAG0374.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
I am having a heavy smoke issue all the time.
I"ll put it to you this way...in all the time I have owned my truck since new in 2003, I have never been embarrassed to drive it till now. (I mean, cover your head with a paper bag type of embarrassed...)

Something happened the last time I drove it to Calgary. Didn't feel anything, didn't hear anything, and being that it was in the early morning, I didn't see anything....until I got to the city lights.
Thought it was smoking a little heavy, but then it was about 32*F out, so I thought it was just condensation...nope.
Thought maybe it was the air filter icing off from the extremely heavy fog....nope.
Maybe the FICM....still not sure.

Whatever the case, I don't know yet, but I gotta say I'm really upset at myself here.
No one to blame but myself.
I mean really...I had this engine down since last August, and didn't send the injectors away to have them checked out because they worked perfectly.....before the engine seized.
So me trying to save a couple bucks thought: they worked before, they will work again. Snap...there was the problem biting me in the ass.

So I have to pull the top apart to add the second hpop anyways, so I may as well utilize the pump as much as possible, and get the injectors repaired and resized now.

Jesse Warren is going to do the work...they are his injectors, and they work great. I'm sure something got into the injectors at fault, because I never took them apart to clean them, I just used Brakleen on them, installed all new o rings and copper washers, and filled them with new oil.

I am sure this is my fault. Not Jesses, so don't anyone go starting chit about how Warrens injectors are junk. They are excellent, and that is why I am sending them back to him to make them even bigger.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Started into the truck this morning.
Was draining the fuel line going from the last fuel filter to the engine, and this is what was in the fuel line...

No idea where its coming from, as I took the last filter apart to change the element, and there is nothing inside of it.
Changed the element in the filter after the pump, and in the DAHL 200.
DAHL 200 has a 2micron filter, and the Aeromotive filter after the pump is a 10 micron.

Attachments

• IMAG0377.jpg
    IMAG0377.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Whoa thats a lot of contamination! Whats the fuel in the line coming from dahl to the pump? Looks like the line is deteriorating from the inside.

strokin6L

Reaction score
yeah something with the inside of the line i'm thinkin cause that stuff shouldn't pass through a 2 micron filter...that stuff looks alot bigger than 2 micron

Extended Power

Reaction score
That's just it...the filter after the pump is fine...no material in it at all, and the DAHL is clean.
So whatever it is is coming from the engine back.

I'll know more today when I pull all the lines, and injectors out.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Braided stainless steel. I'm sure it's just rubber on the inside.

Drained the DAHL...nothing in it as far as this black crap.

Also found a cracked Russell fitting at the front of the truck.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Man that sucks. Has anyone heard of braided stainless steel line deteriorating from diesel fuel?? I presume that the lines are relatively new. If so, did you flush the lines with fuel before connecting everything back up to get the junk out that peels when you cut and assemble the hose?? I am at a loss and am just throwing out ideas.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I had bad luck with russell fittings, replaced all of mine with jegs fittings and the quality was way better, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Its hard to see what the material is when its soaked in diesel fuel which makes it a big pain the butt. Did you take the return line off the regulator and put it to a bucket when cycling the key and see what comes out? That way you can at least be sure its coming from the motor or not.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Most of your codes are just from things you've deleted or modded anyways... just looks like a couple injector codes no?

GL man, sounds like fun!

Extended Power

Reaction score
I always flush the fuel system first before hooking it up to the engine block.
Then after that, I run the pump for about 5 minutes with everything hooked back up, and cycling back to the tank...verifies pressure, and that there is no air in the system at all.

Found the smoke problem...

Extended Power

Reaction score
Torched the tip off #7 injector.

Look close...you can see the tip of the pintle sticking out the bottom of the nozzle.

Attachments

• IMAG0382.jpg
    IMAG0382.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
  • IMAG0379.jpg
    IMAG0379.jpg
    680.5 KB · Views: 109

Latest posts

Members online