More changes coming next week.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Thank God I have coated pistons.
...and that it made it all the way home without any other problems. :bowfast:

2006.1f250

Reaction score
That areomotive 10 micron filter, is it a paper element one? If so ditch it, its not rated for diesel fuel. I had a problem with them when I first installed my RR system. After a while, they become a restriction and make the pump work harder. I was melting fuses it was working so hard. If you have to have something, run the 100 micron stainless one.

Extended Power

Reaction score
WOAHH!! There must have been some real heat there. :eek::eek:

Meh...

Cruise set at 75mph, drive/boost were at 10 psi, egt's were from 650-750*F, almost got to 1000*F on a couple hills.

Couldn't bag it if I tried...it can't hold ICP pressure above 1700-1800 psi.

Just needed to get home. (kinda like having stage frieght on a strange toilet...."gotta get home, so I can poo...")

MorganY

Reaction score
Meh...

Cruise set at 75mph, drive/boost were at 10 psi, egt's were from 650-750*F, almost got to 1000*F on a couple hills.

Couldn't bag it if I tried...it can't hold ICP pressure above 1700-1800 psi.

Just needed to get home. (kinda like having stage frieght on a strange toilet...."gotta get home, so I can poo...")

story of my life for the last 3 months right there

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
once its back together and running good its all worth it man, i battled rough idle issues for a year, changed out ICP and IPR with new turbo set up, thing is a rocket ship now FINALLY!! good luck with everything tho cant wait to see it together

Extended Power

Reaction score
once its back together and running good its all worth it man, i battled rough idle issues for a year, changed out ICP and IPR with new turbo set up, thing is a rocket ship now FINALLY!! good luck with everything tho cant wait to see it together

Thanks.

I would like to see it run at it full potential as well.

kruser02

Reaction score
I had an injector that looked very similar. A bit less of my tip went missing however (75% nozzles). It blew out the center as though the holes played connect the dots. I was towing a trailer when it happened.....no collateral damage and have almost 10,000 miles on the replacement tip with no issues.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Did you look down at the piston with a camera or something to make sure it didnt hurt the piston?

Sucks for you man, frustrating i know

Extended Power

Reaction score
No. I don't have anything like that to inspect it.

If you didn't look out the side mirror and saw all the smoke, you wouldn't even know anything was wrong.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No. I don't have anything like that to inspect it.

If you didn't look out the side mirror and saw all the smoke, you wouldn't even know anything was wrong.

Doesn't mean that it didn't hurt a piston tho. I've seen bad stock injectors take out pistons

Extended Power

Reaction score
Looking for a camera that will fit through the injector holes of the cylinders....

Finished the crank pulley, and pump mounting bracket for the second hpop.

And then I pulled the threads out of one of the holes on the stock dampener.

Holiday weekend...need a heli coil. Not gonna happen.

Oh...also changed the DAHL 200 2 micron filter...wasn't bad at all.

Also working on the electric fans...

strokin6L

Reaction score
how the heck did you pull the threads on one of the holes for the dampener? Hopefully the flex-a-lite fans work out good for ya Ivan...so far so good for me.

Extended Power

Reaction score
The first time i inserted the bolt, it was tight...so I chased the threads out with a new tap.
(paint inside the threaded hole)
The second time I tried the bolt, all the threads were wrapped around the bolt when i pulled the pulley off to shorten up the pulley shaft.

Not too big of a deal...but I really don't wanna pull the balancer off again, as it such a pita to torque up...and I used the bar that I used to hold the engine from turning over for some of the new brackets.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Jesse said he got my injectors on friday, so I hope to get them back by the end of the week.
Should have a lot done by then.

Also, I don't think I will need the quick spool valve for the primary...as both connection ends were not sealing that good. The HX 40 flange warped pretty bad, so I gotta get it and the other v band squared up and sealed properly. But if I remove too much material off the HX flange, then the v band won't tighten up properly.

Round and round we go....

Extended Power

Reaction score
Heli coil installed on balancer, as well I got the second hpop mounted up.
Get a couple of belts for it tomorrow.
Waiting on an inspection camera and injectors...ehem......waiting on injectors....:poke:
:toast:

Attachments

• IMAG0413.jpg
    IMAG0413.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 99

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Heli coil installed on balancer, as well I got the second hpop mounted up.
Get a couple of belts for it tomorrow.
Waiting on an inspection camera and injectors...ehem......waiting on injectors....:poke:
:toast:

Badass Ivan, Jess got mine friday too, i need my truck running! :cursing:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.