Morton, IL Lighthouse Buick GMC...Anyone nearby?

Chipster

Reaction score
They are definitely close but for the same money, its not really possible to find a low mileage 6.7 that's already lifted. I ended up looking at 12s for the 6.7 in a similar price range and at that point I got to thinking I really don't want to end warranty in a year or so and start shelling out for LPFP and HPFP, etc. Also didn't want to buy a stock 6.7 and then drop another few grand doing a lift and wheels and all that. That's what I did with my old 05. So the tundra was almost brand new and already modded like I wanted. Plus I don't ever even tow lol. Oh well!

Chipster

Reaction score
Forgot to add that I would gladly go look at a truck in my area if someone asked. I would also not hesitate to look up reputable shops in the area to go look at a truck for me if I were buying. This site is full of nice, knowledgeable people who would know specifically what to look for on a Powerstroke.

Definitely, its one of the best things about these forum communities. I'm still happy to check out something in the VA area if someone needs it.

sootie

Reaction score
They are definitely close but for the same money, its not really possible to find a low mileage 6.7 that's already lifted. I ended up looking at 12s for the 6.7 in a similar price range and at that point I got to thinking I really don't want to end warranty in a year or so and start shelling out for LPFP and HPFP, etc. Also didn't want to buy a stock 6.7 and then drop another few grand doing a lift and wheels and all that. That's what I did with my old 05. So the tundra was almost brand new and already modded like I wanted. Plus I don't ever even tow lol. Oh well!

those tundras get worse fuel mileage than a 6.7 fyi

strokin20

Reaction score
those tundras get worse fuel mileage than a 6.7 fyi

True story. I got about 15 tops with mine. And with the SC, I had to run premium fuel, so fuel was more expensive in it compared to diesel. And I could barely get 300 miles out of a tank lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chipster

Reaction score
True story. I got about 15 tops with mine. And with the SC, I had to run premium fuel, so fuel was more expensive in it compared to diesel. And I could barely get 300 miles out of a tank lol.

You both are spot on haha. I got the truck Monday morning and though I do deal with pretty decent traffic south of DC, its averaging about 12 lol. Considering the lift and stuff I guess it's expected. Requiring regular unleaded will offset it some since I'm used to paying for premium. Throwing an MBRP on it Sunday so hopefully that helps a little. Other than the MPGs, I really like it so far. I only commute about 40 miles total anyways.

strokin20

Reaction score
Check out dirty deeds industries for an exhaust. He pretty much makes the best exhaust for the tundra's if you haven't bought the mbrp already.

Chipster

Reaction score
Check out dirty deeds industries for an exhaust. He pretty much makes the best exhaust for the tundra's if you haven't bought the mbrp already.

I appreciate it. Yeah it seemed like a lot of people on tundra forums suggested him too. The MBRP was fairly cheap and all black, which matches with the existing accents so I'll see how it does and maybe change down the road.

Latest posts

Members online