MPD 72mm install and dyno

madman1234509

Reaction score
sorry to thread jack but ive been looking into converters for a while. Was wondering what the differences of stalls were and what it actually does? Since you have a med. stall and I figured thats what Id probably get, whats it do and how do you like it?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
CalTracs, Proxes, and about 28-30 psi in the rear tires helped me get a 1.66 in my truck. Not to mention the truck was light as hell and I was racing at a very well prepped track.

Can't wait to get my caltracs and nitto 420s suck so don't get those if you want a track/street tire lol

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
hell ive been running 50psi in all four lol and if u air down that much wouldnt u end up hurting ur trap speed? when i build my tranny i was going to go with either pmfs or ouos traction bars. and yes this is the same tune i used on the dyno, do yall think itd benifit me to give mike or eric a call for custom tunes?

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
sorry to thread jack but ive been looking into converters for a while. Was wondering what the differences of stalls were and what it actually does? Since you have a med. stall and I figured thats what Id probably get, whats it do and how do you like it?

ur good man, and honestly just depends on what ur looking for. with mine u can build more rpms without blowing thru the brakes and its easier on the truck but i have a single now so it helps put me into the powerband of it which is higher then on a stock turbo truck. u should be fine with a stock stall.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
congrats. you owe it all to your intake kit. hahahaha well done brother.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
did I miss it, or do you have an airdog? I know "stock fuel" but sometimes people don't throw it in that category.

light pretty decent on the street?

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
the track was so bad the first run i had the truck didnt move at 10psi it just spun all 4 and resulted in a 2.9 60ft

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
I am on bone stock fuel and it lights Good as long as the converter isn't locked need a tune for that. It feels like a 6.0 Or slightly laggier then my buddys spartan 350 tune

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I am on bone stock fuel and it lights Good as long as the converter isn't locked need a tune for that. It feels like a 6.0 Or slightly laggier then my buddys spartan 350 tune

Glad to hear. The OD shift really needs to happen alot later than 55 mph

EvilTwins

Reaction score

Question.... I have been keeping an eye on these singles, as many others have as well, and there seems to be a common statement/concern about getting them to light. Some have indicated dragging the brake a little or using other tactics to put a load on the motor and light the turbo. Understanding that this concern my only be a minor one as several that have installed the singles say that once you learn to drive them they are very street-able.

Getting to the point, Would a truck with larger tires, say 38 x 15.5's for example, benefit from the heavier tires and greater circumference? Or would these attributes make nothing but a laggy smoky pig. Similar to pulling a trailer...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Question.... I have been keeping an eye on these singles, as many others have as well, and there seems to be a common statement/concern about getting them to light. Some have indicated dragging the brake a little or using other tactics to put a load on the motor and light the turbo. Understanding that this concern my only be a minor one as several that have installed the singles say that once you learn to drive them they are very street-able.

Getting to the point, Would a truck with larger tires, say 38 x 15.5's for example, benefit from the heavier tires and greater circumference? Or would these attributes make nothing but a laggy smoky pig. Similar to pulling a trailer...

From what I found it helps to a point but hurts as well. Around town converter unlocked yes it helps.

It hurts in the OD shift because it takes longer to get into a real usable rpm range

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would tend to think it would be the laggy pig. It would be more of a drag on the motor but I don't think it would help it spool. Gearing would be a factor too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.