MPD 72mm install and dyno

EvilTwins

Reaction score
I would tend to think it would be the laggy pig. It would be more of a drag on the motor but I don't think it would help it spool. Gearing would be a factor too.

I was taking that into consideration as well. I put 430s in mine when I went to the 38's. I think its going to be a crap shoot. The good thing is once you go to a single, changing turbos APPEARS to be cake.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I was taking that into consideration as well. I put 430s in mine when I went to the 38's. I think its going to be a crap shoot. The good thing is once you go to a single, changing turbos APPEARS to be cake.

Gears should help. Your basically back to stock ish gears.

Singles are much nicer to work with. I had a t4 turbo so I had to remove bolts to get mine off and it still only took about 15-20 min to have it off. I see some of the mpd kits have vband on the inlet of the exhaust side so that makes things that much easier

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I am running 4.30's on 37's. Not on a single but if you get caught not aware when tc locks early it will bite you with a single I bet.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
I havnt towed anything with this yet but i think i could still manage 10k no problem which is as much as i tow anyways. I havnt had a chance to load my kem tunes either becuase im getting an error message when i try to load my stock tune so guess i need to call h&s and see whats up. Anything 60-75 laggs bad becuase of the converter but before or after it will downshift and start pullin hard...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I havnt towed anything with this yet but i think i could still manage 10k no problem which is as much as i tow anyways. I havnt had a chance to load my kem tunes either becuase im getting an error message when i try to load my stock tune so guess i need to call h&s and see whats up. Anything 60-75 laggs bad becuase of the converter but before or after it will downshift and start pullin hard...

did you get OD lock out with your kem tunes?

That made a really big difference with mine for driveability, i could actually tow with it then. only problem is i still needed a pretty big tune to spool the turbo so it was 275 or bigger all the time.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
try the schedule 1 late shift on your hs it will go into od at 65mph is very nice

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
do you have the KEM card in, trying to return to stock? if you have loaded the KEM firmware to the H&S it sometimes doesn't return to stock. make sure you reload the H&S firmware and then try to return to stock.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.