My build so far...

Notneb

Reaction score
The noise isn't a big issue. Glad to hear they wear well on asphalt. I was also looking at those 2 tires choices as well. Where do you normally purchase these from?

I go through Summit Racing, but browse Amazon first, sometimes there's deals, I got lucky on my second set.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't blame you on the last part. I still need to buy an adjustable front track bar and track bars for rear, along with more AALs cause my ass end sags

i can hook you up on all of that ! let me know buddy !!

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Just read your write up on routing the CCV into the exhaust and love the idea. But is there any concern about exhaust gases being forced back into the engine? I'm sure there is no issue at idle or driving around town. But if you romp on it there has to be a decent amount of force coming out the exhaust?

Clean-15

Reaction score
Ordered Carli long travel airbags, now trying to decide if I really need dual 444c's from Viair. I know it's overkill but Murphy's Law runs my life, so I'm thinking roadside air tool support could come in handy.

And before anyone asks, yes I'll have a reducer for the aux line so I don't destroy a wrench with 200psi, lol. Will post pics of my setup when it all gets here, and yes Jcain, it will be Yoga pic certified!

Carli bags with 2.5 inches of lift?

Notneb

Reaction score
Carli bags with 2.5 inches of lift?

Yeah, they'll work with a minimum of 3" of rear lift, which I achieved with the Deavers instead of add a leaf's, hence why it sits an inch higher in the rear. I checked to make sure, because I didn't want to fab up something for firestones. Also this way if I finally decide to go to a full 4.5 dominator setup I won't have to worry about towing :p

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
Just read your write up on routing the CCV into the exhaust and love the idea. But is there any concern about exhaust gases being forced back into the engine? I'm sure there is no issue at idle or driving around town. But if you romp on it there has to be a decent amount of force coming out the exhaust?

Like 97Stroker350 said, I actually get vacuum in the line. It's an old racing trick to gain hp and neutralize crank case pressure. I'll be changing the oil Friday and sending off a sample for analysis just to double check, will post the results on here for anyone still on the fence for this mod.

gfulton

Reaction score

This is what I am unsure of also. No real world testing that I know of......In my hotrod days we had valve overlap to contend with......

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
This is what I am unsure of also. No real world testing that I know of......In my hotrod days we had valve overlap to contend with......

Honestly unless I completely plugged the my exhaust tip, there's no physical way to get a pressure on that CCV line via exhaust gas, with the way I have the elbow set up in the exhaust pipe. Vacuum on the other hand, still testing that out :p

As far as real world testing, I guess I'm your official guinea pig! Got a big trip soon, 1600 miles, towing a measly 5-7k so we'll see if any issues arise in any of my mods. I will be changing the oil this Friday, and again after the trip, getting samples both times. I will post up the results and comparisons for everyone interested in oil contamination via exhaust gas.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Like 97Stroker350 said, I actually get vacuum in the line. It's an old racing trick to gain hp and neutralize crank case pressure. I'll be changing the oil Friday and sending off a sample for analysis just to double check, will post the results on here for anyone still on the fence for this mod.

Ahh I see. I missed where you said you put another 90 inside the exhaust pointing towards the outlet... If I feel motivated I plan on doing this same idea. Except drilling a hole and welding an adapter in at an angle instead of taking the exhaust apart.

Notneb

Reaction score
Ahh I see. I missed where you said you put another 90 inside the exhaust pointing towards the outlet... If I feel motivated I plan on doing this same idea. Except drilling a hole and welding an adapter in at an angle instead of taking the exhaust apart.

Sounds good! Once I get some time and money I'm going to get some metal tubing bent and welded into the downpipe, hopefully burn off some of the smoke!

Buck1

Reaction score
Old truck I welded a 3/4 pipe 90 in the exhaust as my adapter. Then it was already pointing the right way and you could thread whatever you wanted in the bottom to connect to. Will do the same to this truck next week.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
A little update, my lights from Retro Customz will be here next Monday! You might recognize these from Mikeyfitz's truck, and yes I copied the hell out of him! Sorry, but these lights just looked perfect, so I had to have them :p

lights%202_zpsv989iim3.jpg

lights_zpsu7f4u0fh.jpg

Will post more pics when I get them in and installed!

WatchTryst

Reaction score
A little update, my lights from Retro Customz will be here next Monday! You might recognize these from Mikeyfitz's truck, and yes I copied the hell out of him! Sorry, but these lights just looked perfect, so I had to have them :p

lights%202_zpsv989iim3.jpg

lights_zpsu7f4u0fh.jpg

Will post more pics when I get them in and installed!

I would love to see a video of these beauties in action.

Notneb

Reaction score
I'll probably do a write up as there is some electrical work according to Mikeyfitz, so I'll do a video so everyone can see them in realtime.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
If you have Instagram you can check them out have a couple videos

@mikeyfitz

There you go good build name hahah

Latest posts

Members online