My build so far...

Notneb

Reaction score
Not much of an update: Decided I'm going to go with a full Dominator setup, OUO 3 link and traction bars. As far as power, I'm happy with what I have, but definitely going with Morgan's trans. I'm going to focus on off-road capability with this truck, should make for a good read: Idiot keeps breaking super duty trying to be a Raptor, more at 10!

Notneb

Reaction score
Update: Talked to Morgan about compounds, but maybe a 6670R is more what I'm going to go with. I'm not looking for insane power, but rather spool. I may only put 700hp down but I want it at rod bending rpm's lol. My plan for this truck is to try and keep up with my girlfriends Raptor *2017 or later if they release the 5.0 TT* and carry all the gear for 2-3 day desert bombing camping trips.

Morgan will be doing all the work, but basically it'll be Dual Fuelers, Midwest fully built engine, Midwest trans, Injectors, Intercooler, and a 6670R.

As far as suspension, I'd like to see just how far I can push the 2.5 Dominator setup from Carli, along with either PMF or OUO traction bars and ALA's up front. I know a 4" Dominator and 37's is ideal in this setting, but I'm just not convinced I need it. We'll see, all depends on how good the new Raptor will be with the 3.0 Fox's!

Lighting will probably be a 42" Rigid in the lower grille although a windshield bar isn't out of the question, I just can't stand the look of most light bars over the roof/windshield area, but the lighting height is more desirable.

Now we come to the hot debate of bumpers. I'm not a fan of adding more weight up front, yet I cannot STAND the rolled tube baja style bumpers. On the other hand, an Iron Cross style is out of the question. So any input on that would be helpful. Rear bumper will be replaced also just so I can slam more LED floods in the rear.

Also I ended up welding a steel pipe to the exhaust just downstream of the downpipe coupler, for my CCV reroute. The hose provided by No Limit's reroute was the perfect length! Smoke is still the same, but at least now I don't have to worry about the setup I had before, coming apart as it was just threaded pipe, lol!

And I know, I know, no pics, no care, so for Jcain I included a picture from Halloween. Any Batman fans?
160_zpsnvidbwk8.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
Not much of an update: Decided I'm going to go with a full Dominator setup, OUO 3 link and traction bars. As far as power, I'm happy with what I have, but definitely going with Morgan's trans. I'm going to focus on off-road capability with this truck, should make for a good read: Idiot keeps breaking super duty trying to be a Raptor, more at 10!

Why my run CARLI radius arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Figured I'd put up the current setup for testing out the Re-Route to exhaust. I basically just went to a metal shop and browsed around their "free" pile until I found a 3/4" OD steel pipe that had a large enough wall thickness that if it hit a rock or stump that it would bend or shrug it off vs breaking.
079_zpsnlsbndcr.jpg

$hitty weld job will probably break before that pipe does lol
078_zps8lni8ljg.jpg

Here you can see where the tube follows the firewall, up and over the trans to the CCV port on the driver side rear
CCV%20Reroute_zpshcfzmcti.png

And here's an AMAZING paint diagram of what the pipe looks like inside the exhaust. I basically just stuck it in a vice, torched it and bent it into a rough "S" so that the pipe was in the center of the exhaust, facing rearward.

So after I welded it on there I had my friend sit and run it at about 2k rpm for a few seconds and increase the rpms until about 3400 ish, slowly and holding every 200 rpms, while I held a piece of paper against the pipe. Never got any pressure, and the suction was negligible, but enough to hole the paper to the pipe. Yes I know it's not the most "scientific" test, but honestly all I wanted to make damn sure of is that there was no pressure.

So that's the new setup, the reason I welded it downstream of the downpipe is 1. I'm not that talented when it comes to welding and fab work, lol, and also lazy. 2. The truck, before next xmas, will be going to Morgan @ Midwest to have the engine and trans pulled, and I felt anywhere I could've tapped into the downpipe would've just either gotten in the way, or would have to be redone after the motor/trans gets put back in.

So since the new pipe was welded in, I've put another 500 miles on it. Smoke and smell are still the same, once oil temp hits 190+, you'll notice at a stop light. But, it's a hell of a lot better than having it dump to atmo under the cab!

Why not run CARLI radius arms?

Because the OUO ALA's give more adjust-ability than the Carli's. And since I'm not looking to clear a wide tire/rim where the Carli's shine by giving you more room, ALA's are just a better option.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Because the OUO ALA's give more adjust-ability than the Carli's. And since I'm not looking to clear a wide tire/rim where the Carli's shine by giving you more room, ALA's are just a better option.

Any of that OUO stuff you want Lmk. We are stocking a ton of it now a days.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.