New 2015 Ford Superduty 6.7 Updates

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Remember these numbers are all at the flywheel. A 6.4 and current 6.7 can probably make those numbers on a tow tune. With the stronger rods, bigger turbo and longer stroke hpfp Ford is just setting themselves up for the future.

Did ford say somewhere that they were upgrading the bottom end in '15?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
From the first page.

Further enhancements to Ford Power Stroke diesel include:
- Ford-designed and -engineered 6R140 TorqShift® six-speed transmission uses a new torque converter to manage increased horsepower and torque
- New polymer coating on main bearings for improved wear-and-tear durability and lower friction
- Improved crankshaft fillet design – the transition point between the crankshaft's journals – to increase crankshaft power carrying capability
- Increased crankshaft damper weight to reduce rotating forces on the crankshaft when the engine is performing at peak power levels
- New five-layer head gasket to handle wider range of engine firing pressures resulting from more powerful engine performance
- Added material to the engine's cylinder heads, exhaust manifold and valvetrain to handle increased power levels
- Redesigned turbo oil and cooling lines to improve sealing
- Piston assembly upgrades to increase load-bearing capability- New four-layer exhaust manifold gasket for improved durability

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I think its a smart marketing point. Ford threw out the first numbers with the 6.7's then as soon as GM, RAM numbers were bumped up, Ford was able to give the big middle finger and raise again.

Definitely smart marketing. These things are sick

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I read something that said "upgraded poison assemblies" so hopefully that means rods.

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

From the first page.

Further enhancements to Ford Power Stroke diesel include:
- Ford-designed and -engineered 6R140 TorqShift® six-speed transmission uses a new torque converter to manage increased horsepower and torque
- New polymer coating on main bearings for improved wear-and-tear durability and lower friction
- Improved crankshaft fillet design – the transition point between the crankshaft's journals – to increase crankshaft power carrying capability
- Increased crankshaft damper weight to reduce rotating forces on the crankshaft when the engine is performing at peak power levels
- New five-layer head gasket to handle wider range of engine firing pressures resulting from more powerful engine performance
- Added material to the engine's cylinder heads, exhaust manifold and valvetrain to handle increased power levels
- Redesigned turbo oil and cooling lines to improve sealing
- Piston assembly upgrades to increase load-bearing capability- New four-layer exhaust manifold gasket for improved durability

We can hope that means rods, but I'd honestly be really surprised

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
We can hope that means rods, but I'd honestly be really surprised

I agree Steve. If I remember right one of the for techs said they have bigger wrist pins. That could be what they were referring to about stronger piston assembles. I am sure I read that to on a list of updated parts for the 6.7. We will see i guess. But maybe when the made wrist pin bigger they added more meat to the rods.

mfoltz

Reaction score
you guys think it would be smart to wait and buy a 16 to wait and make sure they get all the bugs worked out or do you think it will be a great motor sence they are fixing the problems that were on the first gen ,an already good motor. I plan on buying one in the summer if everything goes right. I don't know much about the engines but sence they have a bigger bore in the pump will it make more power off tunes kind of like the 6.4 did. I think it is going to be a beast with a custom tunes

mfoltz

Reaction score
And one more thing why are these trucks fuel systems bad with water in the fuel. I had a 6.4 that scared me to death about getting water in the fuel. I heard some bad stories about it. Other than the turbos and fuel system I heard nothing but good about the 6.7 powerstroke

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
For me I would not be scared. What Ford did was took and improved and fixed problems they did have. This should be for the most part a problem free engine. This is just my take on it though. The biggest deal was the turbo and they put a completely new design in there. One that should be better since it is a proven design already. Not to mention other upgrades.

With the water in fuel all you have to do is maintenance and keep checking that filter for water in there. Or just but the dieselsite kit that gets rid of the problem.

mfoltz

Reaction score
ok thanks I cant wait for it to come out haha I sold my dodge and drive a car now its driving me crazy not having a truck. I made the mistake of buying a 2012 cummins but it all worked out I almost got a 2013 ford im glad I didn't

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
So...from what I read they are ditching the double wheel turbo and going back to a single wheeled gt37vgt variant...

12stroker

Reaction score
On our company site thru phh fleet service they show the option for 2015 f250 but delivery date summer 2014. So I guess that means we are getting close to ford putting it up on the build your own.

Latest posts

Members online