New piston options for 6.4!

Reaction score
Well unfortunately we have no monotherms for the 6.4. I understand completely how the monotherms work and how they hold up. I also know about the durability of them as well. But since we do not have that option the hard anodized forged aluminum pistons I have here are currently the best there is.

And for anyone who doubts the egt capability of the hard anodized coating can handle, they are used in many other 2.6 and 3.0 pulling engines that see 2000+ degree egt's every time they go down the track.

Are these pistons gonna hold up like a full steel piston? No. But since that is not an option for 6.4 engines I would appreciate it if everyone from elite would quit bringing monotherms up. Any way the monotherms wouldn't even be on par for cost compared to the pistons I am representing.

These pistons are a reasonably priced, readily available pistons with very high strength characteristics. Their only down fall it that they have a more limited service life. You cannot have cost, quality, strength, changeability, availability, and service life all in one piston. These pistons give you a good example of most all of these characteristics and are for sale now.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Morgan,

I agree with everything you have to say in that last post. Your earlier comments were a bit biased, which is fine, but that's what why I said what I did.

One thing that happens on this and every other forum is people say how they feel about a product or the way something works and it is to be taken as gospel when it is unfortunately more opinion based than any factual data.

As I said before (I was on waynes computer) I think you made a real solid choice having Diamond make some pistons but they are yet to be tested in a 6.4, so much of your claim has yet to be proven, proven in a dmax or cummins but not in a 6.4.

I have been guilty of being biased and saying things without data, I used to think very differently about compound turbos until we did a ton of testing lately. Let's just say that many guru's on here have been saying the wrong thing to people and now everyone says that, yet this last week I saw results that disprove what 95% of people claim about compounds, even I used to claim it.

Ending this, put the pistons in, run the hell out of em, PROVE that they are reliable and the best choice available. Then I will be fully behind what you have done and what you claim, until then its just claims.

Tadd

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
My pont being that there are other shops using anodized aluminium pistons in dd applications. Whether it be a duramax or a cummins, applying this technology to a powerstroke piston should have the same effect. Just because someone comes to market with a potentially better product doesn't mean it should be treated with such scepticism. Yes the proof is in the pudding but the way I see it most vendors compliment advancement while one in particular is less complimentary towards others.

And if I recall correctly. When the HD piston was released Tadd mentioned that this piston was his design and bespoke to elite and as it turned out. It's just a IH piston. But everyone was still all high fives.

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification Tadd. I am not biased or claiming anything. Yes these pistons are new for a 6.4, no the are not new technology for pistons. I based my claims so far as what I've seen on other makes. I have used these pistons on other engines. I am offering these pistons to testers on here so I can obtain factual data. In fact, Shane's pistons, I will probably not make any money on after shipping through customs. The point being I am doing testing on my own but I am looking into outside source through here. I am not making any far fetched claim not am I saying buy these and they are the perfect be all end all for the 6.4. What I am saying is that based on design and material they will be a good option for us 6.4 guys.

78f100

Reaction score
I wish these were out a month ago, if there wasn't a few weeks wait i think I would still get them. I already have coated ih ones. I am no pro but seems like a fair price as some places are getting almost that for machined/coated factory pistons.

Reaction score
Anyone else want a set of pistons? I am still taking orders for testers. Also, I talked to the manufacturer trying to get the pricing settled out. They had a price increase this year and the recommended Msrp for them is $2899. But I am trying to negotiate to keep the prices down and keeping them at $2599 normal website price with a discount for any test set like earlier.

I would like to get some different trucks so I can get different conditions of feedback on how they work.

Let me know guys. And I also will make some package deals on billet rods to go with these if interested.

Reaction score
New shipment came in today! I am getting more as they trickle in. Hopefully I can catch up enough to keep some on the shelf for people in need of pistons that didn't have time to preorder.

enypa5ah.jpg

Latest posts

Members online