No fuel?

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
I just bought a new fuel pump,almost scared 2 install since once I do if it dosnt fix the problem then I cant return it.Someone said to put my fingers on relays under hood have someone turn the key&see what happens.Said feel for a click.all.3 felt like they clicked.I looked@rockauto but it wouldnt have got here for 6 days.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I just bought a new fuel pump,almost scared 2 install since once I do if it dosnt fix the problem then I cant return it.Someone said to put my fingers on relays under hood have someone turn the key&see what happens.Said feel for a click.all.3 felt like they clicked.I looked@rockauto but it wouldnt have got here for 6 days.

Put the damn thing in and post pics going through the drive up window at the burger joint. Done and done.

Arisley

Reaction score
If fuel is not pouring out of the fuel pump inlet line when it is disconnected, that is not going to happen. I think there was a fuel feed restriction, that overworked and killed the pump. If you simply replace the pump, he will repeat the problem. The pump is bad at sucking. It is designed to push, not pull.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If fuel is not pouring out of the fuel pump inlet line when it is disconnected, that is not going to happen. I think there was a fuel feed restriction, that overworked and killed the pump. If you simply replace the pump, he will repeat the problem. The pump is bad at sucking. It is designed to push, not pull.

From what he was saying, that pump is crap. If he didnt address the fuel upstream of the pump too, I dont know what else to say. I would have removed the fuel tank.

Arisley

Reaction score
Talked to him this evening. Good old boy. Sounds like he has a bad pump, probably caused by a stopped fuel pickup. He is going to address both issues.

Sounds like he is one of those guys that has been working on stuff all his life, everything except diesels. Even if you have worked on diesels, the Ford version is a different animal.

He has it under control now.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Talked to him this evening. Good old boy. Sounds like he has a bad pump, probably caused by a stopped fuel pickup. He is going to address both issues.

Sounds like he is one of those guys that has been working on stuff all his life, everything except diesels. Even if you have worked on diesels, the Ford version is a different animal.

He has it under control now.

good deal sir! I too have had those issues.. ill see if I can find some old pictures.. and you are very very correct about ford diesels being a WAY different animal!!

live life full throttle

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
First off Im on about every website there is if it's related to anything with a motor & this is by far 1 of the most helpful ones Im glad I joined.I called andy with a ton of annoying questions & he was very helpful.I know from alot of the forums Im on people fix the issue & never let all the guy's who have helped them know what it turned out to be&it also screws with the guy using the search fuction.So to avoid all of that here's where I'm @...
The tank seems well was flowing well so hooked up new pump blew no fuses but no fuel in the fuel bowl.Checked fuses none blew so I thought well that was a good sign checked pump & no juice was on.it So after talking 2 andy I go to pull the radio...that was a p.i.t.a. The youtube video made it look easy.Anyways so we were looking for the relays I was getting pissed cuz I couldnt find em & my buddy says whst about this reset button.Well I had completley forgot about it so we reset it & then we had fuel but a new.problem fuel was shooting out of the pump.
Now the 1st day it broke down my buddy pulled the o ring off I can't get ahold of bim to ask him where it goes so I just pulled it upto the top of cap.It still.leaked so Im guessing just buy a new cap also where does that o-ring go?And theres a screw with a black piece of plastic holding it down.infont of bowl on the right.Whatever goes there on mine looks like its been snapped off ang ideas?And again thanks you guys rock!
Please excuse any typos or terseness: this em4ail was sent from my mobile and I have clumsy fingers.

Latest posts

Members online