OBS Chat

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
Figure i would start this thread so quick questions and whatever could just go here instead of a millions new threads all the time.

So i found a 2005 6.0 being parted out and i can get he intercooler nd piping for 200 obo great deal i think. But i know i will have to get e99 spyder but can i use the 6.0 piping or hae to go a different route

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
I wouldn't Waste the money on a e99 spider, if i was to intercool I'd do it like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394343459.093770.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TERRCO

Reaction score
If you can get the e99 spider cheap get it. Banks made one but only in a kit. Not sure if it's still available but maybe you can find one in the classifieds here. There not real hard to make if your handy with the iron.

Sent from my Nuclear iPhone

JD3020

Reaction score
I'm not sure if 6.0h pipes will work, and be leery of the 6.0h coolers as they tend to crack above 30psi.

7.3 pipes work pretty good though, need a little tweaking here and there but overall fit decent. The Banks stuff is nice, i currently have a complete banks kit here that i haven't decided what i'm going to do with yet. Probably sell it or trade it to fund my next build. LOL

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
well i had a guy tell me that the 6.0 pipes were no good for me but if i can find a write up on it using 6.0 pipes I will do it that way. I can make it work and I have some dang good fab skills I want to say. Plus my dad always love to help me on fabbing stuff since he has taught me everything. Im about to fab my own bumpers. And for the e99 its what I always seen just figured best route maybe not always the cheapest haha. But Im always looking at other ways of doing things to be different or save some money when I can.

And good info on the 6.0 not handling good over 30 psi. Im not shooting for a crazy things with this truck since its my daily. But Im looking at doing this to it over time

Stage 1s or 1.5s
Intercooler
Turbo I guess D66 maybe dunno yet might just rebuid mine with a ww2 and a 1.0 housing with a ebpv delete
TS 6 Pos with custom tunes
IDM Mod or Swamps IDM (since i pass them everyday)
Trans Built
Stacks
HPOP upgrade

Its a list that will take a while but those are my goals

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not sure if 6.0h pipes will work, and be leery of the 6.0h coolers as they tend to crack above 30psi.

7.3 pipes work pretty good though, need a little tweaking here and there but overall fit decent. The Banks stuff is nice, i currently have a complete banks kit here that i haven't decided what i'm going to do with yet. Probably sell it or trade it to fund my next build. LOL

Doesn't a stock 6.0 make around 35-40 psi of boost? At least that's what the factory gauge will read in the dash.

JD3020

Reaction score
I think they are more around 30ish, i've never seen the gauge in my brothers 6.0h go much past 25psi. 6.4's run 35-40 stock.

I'm not saying its going to crack, but i've been around a couple that have let go on tuned stock turbo trucks

Reaction score
I think they are more around 30ish, i've never seen the gauge in my brothers 6.0h go much past 25psi. 6.4's run 35-40 stock.

I'm not saying its going to crack, but i've been around a couple that have let go on tuned stock turbo trucks

I drive several different ones at my work ( ambulances ) the ones that run good will hit 35 easily. Knock on wood mine hasn't let go yet with the 468.

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
Well they may not but it was some good info that can be looked into before I buy this intercooler. I will do some resech on th stock intercoolers and the pipes since i have been told they will and they wont work fo me

duck fan

Reaction score
I ran a 6.0 IC on my SD 7.3 and pushed 35psi daily for 6 years without an issue. Just like anything else, there are going to be a few failures here and there but overall, the 6.0 IC has been a good option for an upgrade.

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
hey guys im looking at getting a scan tool fo my personal use anytime i need to use it onmy truck what is a good one that wont cost me a arm and a leg...

any links and advice

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.