Oil pan tips

ghohouston

Reaction score
Use ford grey silicone. Nothing else. Make sure you brake clean the hell out of the mating surfaces. Check the pickup tube for cracks

Reaction score
Be careful when re installing pan to not get silicon in bolt holes. Can cause hydralic fracture of block.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Leave the motor upside down for a day, or longer, to.make sure the silicon is.dry. Make sure you clean tye hell out of the new pan too. I put extra paint and then bedliner on mine. While the motor is out I would.also.spend the 60 bucks and overhaul the oil cooler. You'll probably wind up taking it off anyway.

Id strongly urge you to get new dipstick parts. Tube, nut, adapter and orings. I glued mine in. No orings. Also Connor, a seal kit can be had for under 100 bucks that will reseal the front cover, water pump, and hpop. It'll also get you the rubber where the oiltube seals against the front cover.

As stated, clean the bejesus out of it. Let the oil drain as long as you can.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
pans come with new dipstick nut, adapter, and seal.

make sure you actually measure the silicone bead out, dont guess it...

TyCorr

Reaction score
pans come with new dipstick nut, adapter, and seal.

make sure you actually measure the silicone bead out, dont guess it...

Mine didnt. Bought it last fall. Believe me it was significantly more to purchase all the crap.

In fact I checked 3 dealers and the parts were ten bucks apart at the three from low to high, none included anything with the pan. Not even the $21 per tube grey rtv.

TyCorr

Reaction score
How thick of a bead?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1/4 on the sides and 3/8 on the fron and back. There were fractions of an inch mark on my tube. I caulk all day, every day and use tape measures all day. I didnt actually measure it but its not a bad idea, for peace of mind.

2dedge

Reaction score
How long does the ford grey silicone take to cure before I can fill it
With oil and run it?

Arisley

Reaction score
Put it together, call it a day. In the morning, put the motor in the truck. Throw a gallon of oil on the front seat, that way you won't forget to fill it. Wait until the last step before cranking it to put oil in it. You will be fine.

2dedge

Reaction score
I plan on cutting the cross member and welding it back in, so I should only need a few hours. If I need to leave it over night I will but didn't know for sure

ToMang07

Reaction score
I plan on cutting the cross member and welding it back in, so I should only need a few hours. If I need to leave it over night I will but didn't know for sure

So, you come on, ask how to do it the right way, only to say you're doing it the wrong way anyway???

You sir, are an Askhole.

Rottenecards_96238572_4fjxrq8fwd.png

ToMang07

Reaction score
He's not the OP. If I was doing it his way, I would just use old school permatex #1. It will seal it up just fine.

Whoops, LOL, I guess that's what happens when I try to split my time between work and play! My bad!

sent while swerving into the wrong lane...

TyCorr

Reaction score

If you can't do something.correctly what makes you think you'll be able to overcome the shtistorm of obstacles you'll create in the process of doing something like you own a junkyard? You're in for a world of shti and might even hurt yourself. Great plan!!

All to save six hours and the cost of an engine hoist?

Latest posts

Members online