On my way to 500HP!

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Before I order, whats your take on waiting for larger injector files versus just using one of the current calibrations?

imelmo

Reaction score
good luck with your goals. im excited to see what the new hpop has is store gains wise. i was told when mine went that an aftermarket hpop wouldnt be necessary due to the factory lines being the restriction. are there bigger lines available to better suit the bigger hpop?

Bob has a kit for that also.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Before I order, whats your take on waiting for larger injector files versus just using one of the current calibrations?

I also cannot get past 67% on the FICM reprogram order form, I dont know why

strokin6L

Reaction score
Maybe it's gonna be your ability to have the truck live tuned to be able to reach the 525hp goal, but IDK...i made 501hp with full fuel system, intercooler, intake, exhaust, trans, 64/71/70 turbo, tuned FICM and 190/75% injectors. I would've thought my HP would've been higher...who knows maybe my hard core dodge buddies who dyno'd my truck manipulated the results from the dyno when they dyno'd it so that my ford had a low HP reading haha, but IDK. They did tell me that they came make the reading read whatever HP reading they wanted within reason i guess. Either way...it'll be interesting to see if you can hit the 525hp mark with those stock parts and 175's.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Bill, I'm excited to see your results! There has been much discussion lately about what the stock turbo and injectors are capable of. With all the advancements in tuning lately I personally believe 460-470rwhp on stock sticks and air will be done soon enough. Just the other day someone on here posted a 468rwhp pull on stock sticks, air, and fuel. I can't wait to hit the rollers again with the new Atlas 80 tune and my revised SPD tune. The truck definitely feels stronger. The new FICM tune really made a difference! And paired with the revised SPD tune, the truck is awesome considering I'm still on the stock injectors and turbo. I've actually been thinking (really considering) trying the Hercules tune.:evil I want to get the absolute most out of my stock injectors and turbo before I upgrade. I mean what the hell, might as well try it! The Atlas 80 made a big difference, so I figure the Hercules will be even better.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Checking... Hang tight.

Thanks Bill! I figured with the lead time on the remote programmers Ill already have been live tuned (3/17 by Eric) so I can try the atlas 80 and hercules and seem which my truck likes better.

Maybe it's gonna be your ability to have the truck live tuned to be able to reach the 525hp goal, but IDK...i made 501hp with full fuel system, intercooler, intake, exhaust, trans, 64/71/70 turbo, tuned FICM and 190/75% injectors. I would've thought my HP would've been higher...who knows maybe my hard core dodge buddies who dyno'd my truck manipulated the results from the dyno when they dyno'd it so that my ford had a low HP reading haha, but IDK. They did tell me that they came make the reading read whatever HP reading they wanted within reason i guess. Either way...it'll be interesting to see if you can hit the 525hp mark with those stock parts and 175's.

I still dont believe your numbers, i think the results are low no doubt. Every dyno reads differently however. After live tuning down at rudy's i should have my ficm flashed and I hope to get on the dyno within the next month to see what numbers I lay down. That should hold me over until the local tracks open up:redspotdance:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score

501 does seem fairly low. I would have thought you would have been at 530+, easily. What were you expecting when you had it dynoed?

strokin6L

Reaction score
501 does seem fairly low. I would have thought you would have been at 530+, easily. What were you expecting when you had it dynoed?

Yeah IDK....i really wanna get to ID and have Eric live tune my truck. When my buddy dyno'd my truck on his newly installed dynomite load dyno at his shop i was expecting it to hit somewhere near 525hp at least.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
placed Bill! Anxiously waiting at the bottom of the list :toast:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Yeah IDK....i really wanna get to ID and have Eric live tune my truck. When my buddy dyno'd my truck on his newly installed dynomite load dyno at his shop i was expecting it to hit somewhere near 525hp at least.
I don't know either. I just think your numbers sound low. If you get to IDP I'd ask Eric to run it "as is" so you get a baseline (and an idea of your real numbers) then live tune it. I know the live tuning will make a HUGE difference.

chappy

Reaction score
Can't wait for the results Bill. Try out the powermax with the combo somewhere since its such a popular turbo.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Can't wait for the results Bill. Try out the powermax with the combo somewhere since its such a popular turbo.

Anyone happen to have a PowerMax laying around that they'd like to loan for a week to test? I'd be happy to make it worth your while with some free tuning or something. :D

bigblack6oh

Reaction score
If you would have only needed a powermax the last two months while my truck has been sittin! oh well...cant wait to see the different steps and how they produce

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Good luck. I don't understand why only 175s. Cause a stock oil pump will maintain 4000psi with 190s no problem. So why upgrade the oil pump if your already holding max oil pressure. If you did a back to back test with those 175s with a stock pump to that modded pump there would be no difference. You should put some 250 or 275 sticks in there with the extra oil and really see what she'll do

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
maybe his stock pump is weak? Who knows what this truck will see down the line, might as well do it now and get it over with.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Good luck. I don't understand why only 175s. Cause a stock oil pump will maintain 4000psi with 190s no problem. So why upgrade the oil pump if your already holding max oil pressure. If you did a back to back test with those 175s with a stock pump to that modded pump there would be no difference. You should put some 250 or 275 sticks in there with the extra oil and really see what she'll do

Here's our reasoning, for what it's worth...

1. The average person is not going to purchase 250's or 275's. If I jumped straight to 250's, then all the smaller injector customer will not have any useful information.

2. The pump is here to be installed when it becomes apparent to me that I have an issue with ICP. Now, with that said, I disagree with you on how effective the pump will be with modestly sized injectors. When we did datalogging on the 7.3L, we had found that the Adrenaline HPOP made a noticeable difference in performance and drivability, even with stock injectors. Unfortunately, we didn't have the dyno installed yet so I don't have any power curve information on a stock truck with and without a modified HPOP, but SotP and acceleration calculations indicated that there was a noticeable difference when changing just the HPOP.

3. We want to be as methodical and thorough as we can with our testing. Staging up one thing at a time will help provide a clearer picture as to what works, what doesn't, and what the limitations of certain stock components are. When airflow becomes a problem, we'll address the turbo. When ICP becomes a problem, we'll address the HPOP. Certain things are already given, like the Banjo bolts and regulator spring, but that will be monitored with a digital Fuel Pressure gauge AT THE HEAD to make sure we're not losing pressure there.

There's no question that I'd like to build a fast, fun truck and I'm well on my way to doing so. But if I can help others learn by using my truck as a guinea pig, then I am happy to do so, even if it means spending money on stuff I wouldn't ordinarily buy or that I might break something in the process. Much better that it be My money and MY truck than a customer's.

Our vendors have always been extremely gracious in providing products for us to test (Injectors, HPOPs, Turbos, etc.), knowing that we have the equipment, experience, and integrity to provide honest, accurate information about the gains and benefits of specific products. We approach every aspect of our testing methodically and try to proceed in a logical, linear fashion. Starting at 250's, while insanely fun, simply wouldn't be useful or give me (or anyone else) any point of reference.

I hope this makes sense.

Latest posts

Members online