OUR SEMA BUILD THIS YEAR

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
Thanks Monster! It's definitely kicking our Arse!

Running the shop full time and trying to make the mid September deadline, with sponsors Lagging on sending parts, its the sole recipe for very little sleep!

As of today we're still waiting on t he suspension components to come in, the Icon Coilover's have been sitting in the showroom for quite some time now. Rize promised we'd see everything this week so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Defender is supposed to get us the roof rack this week also so we can test fit it, drill all the holes and get all the wiring for the lights done.

We have about 4-5 more days of wrapping left after the rack is installed. And by then we'll hopefully have the suspension ready to get thrown on the truck.

And we just got word we may also be assembling a '11 Cummins for Sema that one of our customer's got a sponsorship through Carli Suspension!

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
No-one is bashing any sponsors. The fact that we're not getting parts as of when they're promised is all we're saying. There are a lot of issues we've encountered with sponsors that have not been said or even mentioned. The fact they have been slow at getting parts to us isn't bashing them by any way. And keep in mind, because they are sponsors doesn't mean they're giving us free parts. Sponsorships work in 2 ways, with an agreement. So again, no-one is bashing any sponsors.

NotStock

Reaction score
Fair enough I guess I just read that differently. You have a great build going, and Im sure there are plenty of behind the scenes problems and frustrations. There always is. Just thought I would mention it. Don't take it as an attack at you.

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
No no totally cool, just wanted to make sure nobody thinks we're not taking this project very seriously. We had one company send us their part 6 times (and shipped back 5 times) before they got the right ones in our hands, but it's one of those things. Its the SEMA curse that will follow every single shop or company building a car/truck.

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
So the wrap on the truck is going quite smoothly which is refreshing for a change. We've knocked out almost all of the front end of the truck minus the fender flares and on door. It's definitely rather different to wrap a truck with such huge ass panels compared to a little M3 or something lol. What do you guys think so far??

318843_4430910014063_2069573331_n.jpg

578790_4435983660901_166149304_n.jpg

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Thats awesome. I hope you keep a tally of man hours on that. Id love to know. Also like to know a ball park cost?

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
So far I dont have the cost idea. We've been tallying down the hours. Honestly it's not too insane. The most time consuming part so far was the hood. We'll be letting everyone know the details once she's complete!

Rene G

Reaction score
Looks really good! I didn't even know you could wrap a whole truck.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
i think i'm gonna try to wrap the track plastics for my bike in digi camo. probably gonna be tough though

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
No water is used AT ALL with this film. If you use water it destroys it.

Also for those older materials that you apply with water, there's a special spray you're supposed to use from a company MAC TAC. And no you dont use BONDO spreading tool, that's too stiff with sharp edges and doesnt flex as it needs to and the edges dont have the felt.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.