OUR SEMA BUILD THIS YEAR

6.0Dually

Reaction score
A kit to upgrade the 05-07 would be very cool. Not to mention the marketability.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
Wasn't trying to insult you. No I haven't been to SEMA, have wanted to go the past 2 years but the event never fell on a open week for me. You did bring something new to SEMA last year in a Seal Team Six themed vehicle (which I think is an awesome truck). I'm not saying you need the newest technology or products, when I said bring something new I mean new ideas, outside of the box thinking. Hopefully I didn't offend you as that wasn't the intention at all. I assumed from the thread title that you built the truck specifically for SEMA, so my bad on that.

Lol No I didnt get offended, I wanted to clear things up, but the idea of having a potential bolt on kit for the 08-10s to have the 13 clip is something new ;)

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
I don't need anymore clarification. lol
Ohhh hell Mike has full reign? LOL I would think the intercooler would stay.

Have you had any issues with the M16's? I had a belt in the sidewall go on one of mine on the dyno, and have heard of other issues with these.

No issues with my M16s, Not either one of my workers trucks, we all pull, offroad and drive A **** ton. I have 10k since SEMA on my tires with 0 Cupping or issues, my truck weights a stupid amount, the other truck is a 2003 V10 4x4 lifted 250, and the other is a 2007 lifted 6.0 4x4. All of us are running 37" M16s

VanoFord

Reaction score
A kit to update the 08-10 front clip to 11-13 would be pretty dang cool

i'm so in for that!

A kit to upgrade the 05-07 would be very cool. Not to mention the marketability.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

there is a truck place up here in Woodlands/Conroe that has a kit to convert your 99+ to an 11+ front clip. I havent contacted them about 08-10 conversion. I know they wanted about $2k, that was for all parts, hood, fenders, grill, bumpers etc. not including paint though.

Layson

Reaction score
I am still convinced you ought to leave the themed setup on the truck. People are going to recognize it now that it was on the front cover of a magazine. Update the front, get a new wrap made for the front fenders, hood, and grille. Do your engine mods and interior and roll with it for a couple more years. Take the truck to some events, parades, drive that beast around, and let people enjoy it. It will end up in a couple more magazines and will generate more attention then that green truck you are going to build. Plus it will save you guys some money. I can't imagine it penciling out financially to build a truck for SEMA every year, even if it is the same truck.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Gotta say, even though the green rendering looks good, I'm with Layson 100% on this deal!!! Rock what you got with same minor mods.

Demon

Reaction score
i'm so in for that!

there is a truck place up here in Woodlands/Conroe that has a kit to convert your 99+ to an 11+ front clip. I havent contacted them about 08-10 conversion. I know they wanted about $2k, that was for all parts, hood, fenders, grill, bumpers etc. not including paint though.

Do you know the name of this truck shop that has the conversion kits?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
I am still convinced you ought to leave the themed setup on the truck. People are going to recognize it now that it was on the front cover of a magazine. Update the front, get a new wrap made for the front fenders, hood, and grille. Do your engine mods and interior and roll with it for a couple more years. Take the truck to some events, parades, drive that beast around, and let people enjoy it. It will end up in a couple more magazines and will generate more attention then that green truck you are going to build. Plus it will save you guys some money. I can't imagine it penciling out financially to build a truck for SEMA every year, even if it is the same truck.

Yea to a certain point we do think it would definitely be a lot more cost efficient to leave it alone and just do a front clip conversion, but the sponsors want different. I love my truck more than anything, but its already done so much for us and a shop and we need to come up with something different.

MY truck right now is my dream truck, but Im really getting bored of it. Feel free to chime in with ideas if you would like something off the wall crazy, we might just do it :)

Layson

Reaction score
Which sponsors would want you remove a wrap and breakdown a truck build that is themed after Seal Team 6? I would think it would be opposite of that. This is your truck and don't let someone giving you free product drive you to change a build. You could take it back to SEMA as is and there will be TONS of people there this year that were not there last year. Shops will take the same rigs over and over again to SEMA.

If a truck has done this much for you guys over the last 8 months, keep rolling it. I can't even imagine that you have even put many miles behind the wheel of that beast yet. As time goes by people will recognize your rig, they will not recognize that green truck. As cool as it looks it will just look like every other lifted kelderman truck at SEMA.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Don't sponsors want their stuff prioritized and not use a old theme that would draw attention from their crap? I would be surprised if they let it in pretty much looking like it did last year. It is all about over the top to get people remembering and recognizing their product. Personally I don't know this is a conversation to begin with. Not our truck, it is his and let him do what he wants.

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
Which sponsors would want you remove a wrap and breakdown a truck build that is themed after Seal Team 6? I would think it would be opposite of that. This is your truck and don't let someone giving you free product drive you to change a build. You could take it back to SEMA as is and there will be TONS of people there this year that were not there last year. Shops will take the same rigs over and over again to SEMA.

If a truck has done this much for you guys over the last 8 months, keep rolling it. I can't even imagine that you have even put many miles behind the wheel of that beast yet. As time goes by people will recognize your rig, they will not recognize that green truck. As cool as it looks it will just look like every other lifted kelderman truck at SEMA.

Think about this though, the truck already hit Truckin' Its being shot for a few other magazines Im not allowed to talk about just yet over the next 3 weeks. The truck has already gotten quite a bit of publicity, so for the majority part they already got what they wanted from it. I wish it was "FREE" parts, sponsorships dont work off of "FREE" as they used to. But I see your point 120%. Believe it or not we have gotten both positive and negative publicity being the Seal Team VI tribute build. We have gotten a lot of people who think this was a "publicity stunt" to hype up the trucks value and sell it. Which it never was and never will be. The only thing is with us, a number of our new sponsors do not wish to have the Team VI theme because the truck was "so popular their product may disappear."

I may reconsider, seems like you really liked our build and I truly appreciate your input!

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
Don't sponsors want their stuff prioritized and not use a old theme that would draw attention from their crap? I would be surprised if they let it in pretty much looking like it did last year. It is all about over the top to get people remembering and recognizing their product. Personally I don't know this is a conversation to begin with. Not our truck, it is his and let him do what he wants.

Thats my whole thing is; i dont want all that work of rebuilding it to go wasted for poeple to say oh he just brought the same rig again as of last year. Especially being in the same booth, representing SEMA & LTAA

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
Hate to give everyone the news, but we're pulling the plug on the project this year. Due to some personal issues, we've decided to pull the plug on the build and unfortunately, I may even be looking into selling the rig.

Latest posts

Members online