P2263 and P2563

CamTom12

Reaction score
Replaced the tube and sensor today. Probably took me about 10 minutes of actual work. I took my time, helped some other guys out, and let the rest of the truck thaw out though.

There was a bunch of carbon sludge in the old tube and sensor. I'm going to clean them both out real good and keep them in the toolbox for backups.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I had the code once. Cleared it and it stayed away. Changed out the sensor and tube. Not getting the code but my VGTDC has me a little perplexed. My VGTDC is all good driving around town, and as soon as I get up to highway speeds it goes to 7.001%. Give the beans and it jumps. As soon as Im off the throttle and holding a steady speed, back to 7.001%. Boost and BP are close to 1:1 running IDP Street.

Any insight on this?

Last edited:

CamTom12

Reaction score
Honestly? Not a clue. I think mine's near 50% or so during highway cruising. I'll check today and let you know - well in 3 more hours, just plugged he truck in!

I'd try to reflash, just to make sure it's not a random 1's and 0's issue.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
EBP vs Boost is back to 2:1 and VGTDC is constantly 70% plus at 70mph. I sent Eric an email this morning to sort this out. This is with a new EB tube, sensor and freshly loaded tune.

CamTom12

Reaction score
Closest I could get you was 50mph.

VGTDC 47%, MGP 5.6psi, EGT 600*F, FAT -22*F, 2WD w/ front hubs locked, new EBP and tube on KEM 345.

The expressway wasn't very express this morning, hope this helps!

mxpowerstroke457

Reaction score
Got this code tonight in 25*F, deleted it and drove around for a little bit then it came back. Haven't had a chance to get the sensor yet, hoping my vgt vanes arent trashed.

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Diesel tech at local dealership. He said that sensor also controlled how much fuel went to the head and when mine failed it kept dumping fuel in my #7 cylinder. Also after the new motor was put in it the code popped up again and i had a new one put in with an update on pcm...what would cause that sensor to go out?(EBP sensor)

BFT

Reaction score
Mainly heat because of the location. The EGRTA and the EBP sensors are the likely ones to crap out on yah.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Diesel tech at local dealership. He said that sensor also controlled how much fuel went to the head and when mine failed it kept dumping fuel in my #7 cylinder. Also after the new motor was put in it the code popped up again and i had a new one put in with an update on pcm...what would cause that sensor to go out?(EBP sensor)

There is no reason for them to cause one cylinder to fuel more than the other. The injector was the real problem. You got other stuff going on if they keep throwing sensors at it

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The reason you keep getting the codes is because there is something wrong with the vgt

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Replaced the tube and the sensor and when i dropped it off this morning he said he is going to look at the vgt, when the new motor was put in i had all new injectors put in also.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.