P2263 and P2563

jgill

Reaction score
Alright, idk if im in the right spot but im having similar problems. I just did gaskets, studs, and a precision wastegate from MPD. Put the cab back on and started it and was building no boost at all. I changed the MAP sensor and while i was there i changed the IAT sensor. Now im boosting 14 psi tops. So im assuming my low pressure turbo is working and the VGT isnt working properly. My EGT's are climbing higher than normal and its taking forever to cool down when i park it. Havent really paid much attention to the numbers because ive been in a panic. If you guys could tell me what avg. numbers are for things like EBP and such i will check them and update tomorrow, i would appreciate all the help.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Alright, idk if im in the right spot but im having similar problems. I just did gaskets, studs, and a precision wastegate from MPD. Put the cab back on and started it and was building no boost at all. I changed the MAP sensor and while i was there i changed the IAT sensor. Now im boosting 14 psi tops. So im assuming my low pressure turbo is working and the VGT isnt working properly. My EGT's are climbing higher than normal and its taking forever to cool down when i park it. Havent really paid much attention to the numbers because ive been in a panic. If you guys could tell me what avg. numbers are for things like EBP and such i will check them and update tomorrow, i would appreciate all the help.

I don't think just because you are seeing low boost you can conclude that the LP turbo is working and the HP turbo isn't. What are you monitoring with? EBP will vary depending on many factors (mainly throttle position). At idle, around 3 on H&S, 17 on a DD, IDK how many bars on a SCT. As throttle increases, EBP will go up. Can you hear your WG opening?

jgill

Reaction score
Im monitoring with an h&s mini maxx. My EBP at idle is 2 and goes up as throttle increases. i havent heard my wastegate open yet. I do hear what seems to be charge air trying to move through the high pressure turbo but it just hums, almost like the vgt isnt working properly. Ive read reflashing the truck might help with vgt issues but i dont want to fix something if it isnt broke. I love my truck but hate the headaches.

Latest posts

Members online