pics of lpop - need advice

TARM

Reaction score
See you posted to do that while I was typing. I think the HPOP or the wiring or connector that goes to the IPR. That is all I can see thats left.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
right on all points.
Swapping in my original. The one I have in now is brand new modded Hpop from TE.
Dont think thats it tho. Like you mentioned it was running before.
oh and there is no pulley slip
PA120391.jpg

PA120392.jpg

PA120393.jpg

PA120394.jpg

Reaction score
i wish i could help you out a little more then this but there are 2 plugs that fit the ICP or the IPR..I can not remember which it is... the other plug went to the spider I believe,,,I know someone knows what plugs I am thinking about.. are you sure you have the right one where it belongs???

Shaw

Reaction score
i wish i could help you out a little more then this but there are 2 plugs that fit the ICP or the IPR..I can not remember which it is... the other plug went to the spider I believe,,,I know someone knows what plugs I am thinking about.. are you sure you have the right one where it belongs???

IPR wires are yellow with red tracer and a red wire

the other one your thinking of is the ebpv and those wires are black and a gray.

This is on my 01 so im guessing they would be the same for a 03?

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
It is wired the same way when I started it last. The way my loom is positioned the right plugs meet up with the right sensor. Thats the thing, last time I had it running. Albeit with low oil pressure. Nothing has changed except a new melling and galley plugs where they are suppose to be. I have put my stock hpop in just waiting for these $300 batteries to charge. They can handle about seven extended cranks and then they are shot (optima red).

ToMang07

Reaction score
It is wired the same way when I started it last. The way my loom is positioned the right plugs meet up with the right sensor. Thats the thing, last time I had it running. Albeit with low oil pressure. Nothing has changed except a new melling and galley plugs where they are suppose to be. I have put my stock hpop in just waiting for these $300 batteries to charge. They can handle about seven extended cranks and then they are shot (optima red).

What's the voltage when it's cranking?

TARM

Reaction score
YEh Optimas have all gone to crap when they went main stream. They have been selling based on the name they made 5 yrs ago and more and living off that since. IIRC you have Sears stores in Aussie. If so pick up two of the P-1 Group 65 Die Hard Platinum. It must be the Platinum. These are the same battery as the Odessey 1750. They have 950 CCA each and a ton of reserve capacity. They are AGM so no fluid to leak or vent. Can be mounted anyway. 4 yrs full replacement then at the end of that starts a 100 month prorated replacement period sop over 12yrs of warranty.

I think its going to be something with the pump. You mentions voltage. While cranking you need a min of 10v IIRC for the injection system to work. It should not effect cranking ICP unless the slower cranking was somehow an the issue.

Lets see what you get with this old HPOP you know for sure is working.

Just an FYI DO not drain those batteries down to low. It will shorten the life and capacity of the battery. If it will not turn the engine over well after a short rest you have drained them too far IMO.

ToMang07

Reaction score
YEh Optimas have all gone to crap when they went main stream. They have been selling based on the name they made 5 yrs ago and more and living off that since. IIRC you have Sears stores in Aussie. If so pick up two of the P-1 Group 65 Die Hard Platinum. It must be the Platinum. These are the same battery as the Odessey 1750. They have 950 CCA each and a ton of reserve capacity. They are AGM so no fluid to leak or vent. Can be mounted anyway. 4 yrs full replacement then at the end of that starts a 100 month prorated replacement period sop over 12yrs of warranty.

I think its going to be something with the pump. You mentions voltage. While cranking you need a min of 10v IIRC for the injection system to work. It should not effect cranking ICP unless the slower cranking was somehow an the issue.

Just an FYI DO not drain those batteries down to low. It will shorten the life and capacity of the battery. If it will not turn the engine over well after a short rest you have drained them too far IMO.

I thought it was 10.5v.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

platinum p-2's here also.. bad azz batteries eight there.... thats what i run...

TARM

Reaction score
Yep compared to branded odyssey's they are steal. About 1/2 the price. Still not cheap @ 190 a pop but better than 400+ MSRP on Ody

Reaction score
good deal...glad she fired up for you...I thought it had to be something like that when you described the problem...I was just reading a thread some place about 2 months ago when they did the same thing..everything sounded like you had been describing..I just couldn't remember what 2 plugs they where..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.