PIP UPDATED TUNES 2015

Josh F250

Reaction score
This is a 60-80 punch..Before it would have left a big cloud then a lot of haze..Much much cleaner..
My wife is the opposite..She loves the smoke lol..
http://s140.photobucket.com/user/trikeffex/media/33F69ACF-7889-49C0-AE1B-846FC5BF18AE.mp4.html

Charles

That is on performance?? I got v7 today, and I would say smoke is same or even a little more than v6 - mine blows a cloud if I step on it like that. I don't care if it smokes so not complaining but much diff than that video.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you guys are liking ! Best 2015 tunes by a landslide .

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Well just to be sure I reloaded the V7 performance tune just to make sure I didn't make a mistake and load the V7 street instead..I will keep you guys posted on the outcome..Regardless the V7 tunes are freaking awesome..The shifting is perfect!!

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Ok guys I sincerely apologize for the wrong info earlier. I guess I must have loaded the street tune by mistake the other day. I reflashed the performance tune and she's def smoking now lol. I'm gonna drive it a few days and see if it gets any better, If not I will be going back to the street tune! If the extreme tune smokes worse than the performance, I don't see how you guys daily drive with it lol!

Charles

20156point7

Reaction score
Ok guys I sincerely apologize for the wrong info earlier. I guess I must have loaded the street tune by mistake the other day. I reflashed the performance tune and she's def smoking now lol. I'm gonna drive it a few days and see if it gets any better, If not I will be going back to the street tune! If the extreme tune smokes worse than the performance, I don't see how you guys daily drive with it lol!

Charles

the extreme tune definitely smokes more but its all in how you drive as long as you don't lug it or hammer it you wont see much smoke at all

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Put it on extreme tonight and what a difference from v6! I have much more confidence in my trans now. I also pulled on a 6.4 with a built trans on his hottest tune. Couldn't do that before! Fell in love all over again haha

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Put it on extreme tonight and what a difference from v6! I have much more confidence in my trans now. I also pulled on a 6.4 with a built trans on his hottest tune. Couldn't do that before! Fell in love all over again haha

yeah it was the intake .. LOL

right on buddy, we're getting there quick with WAY less air .

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Have you always ran the Extreme tune? I almost put it in just to see the difference over Performance but ended up not doing it. The new tunes are legit that's for sure.

Charles

Redleg

Reaction score
Did a 400± mile trip today mostly highway with the cruise set at 85 running the new V 7performance tune. The power seems about the same as does the smoke but the shifting is a ton better in my opinion, smooth when you are going easy on it but they seem to firm up when you get your foot into it. Overall I’m very happy and love that Mike at PIP keeps refining the tunes based on the end users input! On a side note the dash said I averaged 20.6 over the 400 mile trip and I filled up when I got back and hand calculated and came up with 20.5, I can live with that.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
Did a 400± mile trip today mostly highway with the cruise set at 85 running the new V 7performance tune. The power seems about the same as does the smoke but the shifting is a ton better in my opinion, smooth when you are going easy on it but they seem to firm up when you get your foot into it. Overall I’m very happy and love that Mike at PIP keeps refining the tunes based on the end users input! On a side note the dash said I averaged 20.6 over the 400 mile trip and I filled up when I got back and hand calculated and came up with 20.5, I can live with that.

Awesome to hear! Can't wait to get mine. I'm going to be making a 2500 mile trip next month when I go to my cabin, can't wait to see how mine does. It actually gets pretty decent mileage for as much mixed driving I do. About 15.5/17.2. So I imagine my mileage will be around the 20mpg area as well

ftast350

Reaction score
If you guys are towing are you switching tunes from the performance tune to the towing tune or just not being a sausage and trying to pass everyone with the skinny to the floor?

FordPSD64

Reaction score
Depends on how much you're towing.

Here is my experience with v7. No more CEL for ccv reroute which in itself is HUGE! I finally can use my remote start again. Trucks feels a little more snappy and responsive, similar to the v5 tunes, smoke output is about the same as v6 but seems like it hazes a little more at WOT. Not a big deal though, literally the only time it smokes. But the shifting, the shifting is on point. Feels so much cleaner, more firm, and where it needs to be. Overall I'm super satisfied with the v7 update!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.