Powerstroke214's build thread

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer, but you know it's gonna cost what you paid for your 6.0 to do a build like that right?

It's just an idea, really depends on how much I can get into the 6.4 in the 1st place. If I can get the truck cheap enough, I'll do it. I'll worry more about that later, like I said, it's not gonna happen soon.

Although it is a little disheartening to hear that lol, but it's info that I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
You guys are just quitters. 6.0 or nothing if you want a good running truck without spending 30k.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Rapidly approaching 1/2 that. Which is my biggest reason to not go to a 6.4. Having this thing running perfectly would put me at like $20k(afaik) and I'd be more than lucky to get $15k for it by then. Best bet would be using quality parts/labor so someone on here(or someone knowledgable) would pay a little more for a truck done right vs a cheaper, nonstudded truck, or one that hasn't been touched. I know I would, hopefully, when the time comes, someone else will feel the same…

But until then, I'll save all the pennies!! Because I'm gonna need them…

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Since I'll have a little more change than I anticipated, this is my plan(tentative):

egr delete, oil cooler(although my deltas seem to have become more manageable after the coolant flush), studs, gaskets(not sure if I want OEMs or Black Diamonds), standpipes and dummy plugs, and all the fixins, and I'm thinking about a rr and/or gauges and/or no limit intake or something else in that general $500 range.

Oh, and my shifts are getting sluggish, like under harder throttle it'll shift out of gear and rev before it slams back into the next gear…thoughts?

OBS F350

Reaction score
I would go for the tried and true OEM gaskets. Sounds like you are having a shift flare, does it happen on any specific shift? They like to do it on the 3-5 shift.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
ehh, I haven't really payed close attention, but I'd think that it's something like 3-4 or 4-5 based off of the speed I was cruising at, before rolling into the throttle.

RedRice589

Reaction score
ehh, I haven't really payed close attention, but I'd think that it's something like 3-4 or 4-5 based off of the speed I was cruising at, before rolling into the throttle.

You could yell at me for not sending you that solenoid also.... Thanks pumpkin I just remembered lol I'll dig it up before lunch.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Since I'll have a little more change than I anticipated, this is my plan(tentative):

egr delete, oil cooler(although my deltas seem to have become more manageable after the coolant flush), studs, gaskets(not sure if I want OEMs or Black Diamonds), standpipes and dummy plugs, and all the fixins, and I'm thinking about a rr and/or gauges and/or no limit intake or something else in that general $500 range.

Oh, and my shifts are getting sluggish, like under harder throttle it'll shift out of gear and rev before it slams back into the next gear…thoughts?

Trans fluid is where it's supposed to be?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Well I'll be derned! I have no clue how these transmissions work. So the lagging could be because of a sluggish shift?

I need to light a fire under my azz and fix all this chit on my truck…lol. I'll start once I get my DD solenoid…I swear :lookaround:

Latest posts

Members online