Powerstroke214's build thread

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Actually, bk is better, I got coupons!

4evy7asy.jpg

DD solenoid in. I THINK read that I'd need to adjust shift pressure after installing the solenoid, is this true? And what should I adjust it to?

I'm assuming this can me done via SCT…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

java

Reaction score
I didn't adjust mine either. I have a fully built trans but I don't think that matters.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
FWIW I have never adjusted the shift pressures manually with my sct and the truck shifts great as long as it has a good tune in it.

swinky

Reaction score
I ran mine at +10% on the 3-5 shift with aftermarket solenoid and + 25 stock. I'd definitely let it relearn though.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
All good to know.

Anyone run the IDP street tune(cheaper one, not x street) or one of Vivian's tunes? How do you like them? And are both available with the option of opening the vanes at idle? Having the urge to stop the whistle a bit, and want to try some different tuning(to give less biased advice lol)

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
my dad runs the IDP street. runs good seems stronger than the srl+ I did but the mileage is less than desirable.

Mpoage

Reaction score
The IDP Street was my favorite tune I had for my 6.0. It didn't run as good as my X-Race but it was completely smokeless no matter when or how you got on it. And I really liked the way it shifted.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
IDP street deff runs good. Get 3 tunes though so you can experiment and see what you like best. Eric's tunes FTW. And regarding quick tricks tunes, I ran them on my truck when it was stock. Truck ran good but I hated the shifting. Eric's tunes have worked much better for me.

OBS F350

Reaction score
I've driven my friends truck a lot he always has x race loaded up. Love the shifting on that tune but it has the light switch pedal like a sum beyotch. Idk if Eric ever fixed that with his tunes and the tunes on this truck were written 4 years ago I think. Other than the light switch throttle they are spot on. Truck flat out hauls with 190/stock injectors and a powermax.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a PSE RR, but I've noticed that some have said that it's unnecessary to have a rr with 190 and smaller injectors. I knew it wasn't a "necessity" but I was under the impression that it was very beneficial. So should I spend that money elsewhere? I was thinking a low pressure pump and tank sump instead?

Also, can someone educate me on the idea of and merits behind a ccv? Would that be a worthwhile mod? I'm trying to piece together a parts list, get prices and order things by importance.

Also, fwiw, I plan to probably pick up a set of used sticks, or send mine off to RCD in the future, 190s are the limit that I'm setting. I think the pocket book will prefer to stay around that level, and I think I'll be open to a decent selection of chargers(gonna pick up a used one eventually, VGT or non VGT), and I'm hoping that it'll be enough to have fun with and keep the trans together(no sled pulls or towing…yet)

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a PSE RR, but I've noticed that some have said that it's unnecessary to have a rr with 190 and smaller injectors. I knew it wasn't a "necessity" but I was under the impression that it was very beneficial. So should I spend that money elsewhere? I was thinking a low pressure pump and tank sump instead?

Also, can someone educate me on the idea of and merits behind a ccv? Would that be a worthwhile mod? I'm trying to piece together a parts list, get prices and order things by importance.

Also, fwiw, I plan to probably pick up a set of used sticks, or send mine off to RCD in the future, 190s are the limit that I'm setting. I think the pocket book will prefer to stay around that level, and I think I'll be open to a decent selection of chargers(gonna pick up a used one eventually, VGT or non VGT), and I'm hoping that it'll be enough to have fun with and keep the trans together(no sled pulls or towing…yet)

The RR, sump, and low pressure pump are good ideas no matter what size injector you have. It is money well spent. Never seen PSE's RR but I'm sure they don't put out junk. You can't go wrong with a Driven Diesel Kit though... CCV is definitely worthwhile. Say goodbye to oily intercooler boots and all that oil going through the turbo. As far as parts you should just need some 3/4" or 1" hose (I forget which size) a hose clamp to clamp it onto the vent, and something to plug the hole in your intake (idk about the plug because I have no intake on my truck...) I think I used 10ft of hose and ran it to my front traction bar mount so it dumps near the front of the rear door. IMO save your money on the injectors until you can afford to buy new ones done by MPD or RCD etc... You will be happier in the long run. As far as turbo, I think go with a Barder vgt unless you get a screaming deal on a set of GOOD (mod) t4 up pipes and maybe a s366. The barder turbos seem to be awesome and it is nice that it is a bolt in unit vs. switching up pipes etc... If your trans is already having issues, then any added power will just make the current issues worse. I know when I did my 225's and 366 a year ago I killed my stock trans in a day. Just saying!

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Thanks, and yea, the more I think about it, new ones will probably be my best bet. Looking at truck prices, I think I'll keep this thing for a while lol.

Excuse my ignorance, where exactly am I venting from(gonna go search that in a sec)? Sounds like an easy job though.

Being semi budget conscious, would I do best to put the rr off and do the low pressure pump and sump now? And wait til I get new sticks for the rr? Air dog seems to have a bad rep, so who do you recommend for the LPFP?

Yea, the trans is worrying me to with added power, hopefully the 3-5th flare is the only issue and that should be remedied soon.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Thanks, and yea, the more I think about it, new ones will probably be my best bet. Looking at truck prices, I think I'll keep this thing for a while lol.

Excuse my ignorance, where exactly am I venting from(gonna go search that in a sec)? Sounds like an easy job though.

Being semi budget conscious, would I do best to put the rr off and do the low pressure pump and sump now? And wait til I get new sticks for the rr? Air dog seems to have a bad rep, so who do you recommend for the LPFP?

Yea, the trans is worrying me to with added power, hopefully the 3-5th flare is the only issue and that should be remedied soon.

You could do the rr and the sump and pump when you do the injectors or now. It doesn't matter. Doesn't hurt to do it with stock injectors and then you're ready to go when you get the injectors. I would do a fass or an aeromotive or fuel lab setup. Shoot me a pm with your cell number I'll shoot a pic of my ccv when I get to the shop so you can understand how it works.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Now hold on just a damn minute here!

I just read this entire thread and how dare you title this a build thread when the cab has not been off and the motor torn down and rebuilt from scratch yet.

I'm reporting this sh*t!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online