Powr2stroke's Build

powr2stroke

Reaction score
its amazing how this set up runs! i think mike made 520 with the x street from eric. thats the same tune that was used for the DP article on the tow test.

youre going to love it for sure, bud

thanks Rob , ya Aaron took it out for some seat time on friday with X-street loaded up and he said it was blowing the tires going into OD with them stock 18's on there LOL

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I bet that thing will blow up the stock rubber. You are gonna love them babies. It will be great the way you are set up now, then get some fuel to them and let her rip! I know Eric found some more fuel in his new tuning, but not sure it applicable to a stock fuel system but I believe it does. :thumbup::cool:

powr2stroke

Reaction score
a few more pics
IMG952088.png

IMG956830.png

IMG951722.png

White_monster

Reaction score
Tell me you did the ccv mod. If not do it if you can. Filling the intake with oil vapor is just stupid. Cut it in half. Plug the I take side and run a long hose from the oil fill neck to the ground and your done.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Looking good, I like the black piping. I noticed when I went to the HP's there is more blow by in the ccv mod. Meaning my catch can isn't big enough. It blows oil out the top and goes all down my rear four link-traction bars. Going to extend the hose and get a bigger can.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Tell me you did the ccv mod. If not do it if you can. Filling the intake with oil vapor is just stupid. Cut it in half. Plug the I take side and run a long hose from the oil fill neck to the ground and your done.

The MPD setup ? Aaron and I talked about doing that a while back , kinda slipped my mind really . These 16 hr work days have been torture

White_monster

Reaction score
Skip the MPD setup. Just cut the little black hose between the intake tube and oil fill neck and plug the end that goes into the intake. Take the other end and attach a hose of the same inner diameter and run it to the ground. Running it to a catch can causes a bigger mess I found due to the pressure in the can. This mod is so simple even a cave man could do it. Ahahahaha. I had to say it.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Looking good, I like the black piping. I noticed when I went to the HP's there is more blow by in the ccv mod. Meaning my catch can isn't big enough. It blows oil out the top and goes all down my rear four link-traction bars. Going to extend the hose and get a bigger can.

thanks Erik ! what setup did you go with on the ccv mod , where did you mount the can at ?

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Skip the MPD setup. Just cut the little black hose between the intake tube and oil fill neck and plug the end that goes into the intake. Take the other end and attach a hose of the same inner diameter and run it to the ground. Running it to a catch can causes a bigger mess I found due to the pressure in the can. This mod is so simple even a cave man could do it. Ahahahaha. I had to say it.

haha sounds simple enough thanks . LOL

Erikclaw

Reaction score
On mine, I had to use a catch can. Even with the tow powers.I ran the hose down the pass side of the fender to the ground and it covered my rear axle etc with oil. I used a K&N can that dirt track racers use, probably 3" in diameter. Mounted it inside the driver frame rail under the drivers door. Worked fine for the TP's but now I am going to look for a larger can and run it to the back somewhere. I used MDP ccv and it is a great set up. Just have to make sure you can get all the parts. Ask Shane why.

White_monster

Reaction score
No prob. It shouldn't cost more than $20 to do. It's not pretty unless you select your parts carefully but it works very well. I've had mine done for 3 yrs now with no problems. If anyone tells you it will freeze up and cause your main seal to fail is lieing as I've tested it to -50f and my main has the normal dampness around it plus I've put 100,000kms on the setup too.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
On mine, I had to use a catch can. Even with the tow powers.I ran the hose down the pass side of the fender to the ground and it covered my rear axle etc with oil. I used a K&N can that dirt track racers use, probably 3" in diameter. Mounted it inside the driver frame rail under the drivers door. Worked fine for the TP's but now I am going to look for a larger can and run it to the back somewhere. I used MDP ccv and it is a great set up. Just have to make sure you can get all the parts. Ask Shane why.

No prob. It shouldn't cost more than $20 to do. It's not pretty unless you select your parts carefully but it works very well. I've had mine done for 3 yrs now with no problems. If anyone tells you it will freeze up and cause your main seal to fail is lieing as I've tested it to -50f and my main has the normal dampness around it plus I've put 100,000kms on the setup too.

thanks for the advice guys I appreciate that

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yo, im gunna move the where you live stuff to one of your intro threads, that way we dont muck up a tech thread, going to try and keep it like this, i know its easy to get side tracked but lets try to keep things on topic... thanks guys!!!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Mike and I were there, no Rob though. :confused: Not sure why, but he was the reason I even made it to the dyno.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Very solid build man. i wish i could lay down the money for HPs. how far into the build r they like time wise? its gonna be a fun platform and a sleeper on a stock appearence truck.

thanks man , the cab has only been up for couple weeks but really i'm in no hurry for them to hurry it up. It's race season now and that shop is buzzing with activity . Its almost ready with just a few little things to tweak ,and yes it looks like a plain old truck for now and i'll get to play possum for a little bit. I had it lowered down a little and the stock wheels are coming off. BMFs are on back order til early june and they will be wrapped in Nitto 420s

Latest posts

Members online