Pro comp traction bars

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I was looking at buying a set of these for a buddy of mines truck and possibly mine later. Are there any likes or dislikes about there traction bars and mounts. We both sled pull, race and I tow a little more then he does. I know making them is the cheapest way to go, but I dont have a welder to use any more. Anyone have any likes or dislikes about them or had any bending issues? I havent found any other bolt on sets around the same price as the pro comps. I will weld them at some point to the frame and axle but bolt on will work for now.

Zmann

Reaction score
theres been a few post where they bent at the big tube

I run Fabtechs and like them but there have been a few post where the threaded inserts at the ends of the tubes pulled out

the Favs are like Precision Metal Fabrication and the like but for the $250 I got mine for new I was okay with giving them a shot

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I tryed searching and didnt come up with much on the pro comps. I looked at Precision and there 750 for a whole set up which isnt bad.

idkillinit

Reaction score
I had the pro comp bars. I've ne Er seen any of the new design bars fail. They helped with axle wrap but not at all with traction. They actually eliminated axle wrap.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I'd go with the Precision Metal Fab setup. It's a traction block design. I had Pro Comp bars on my truck and was not pleased with them at all.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I have them and have no issues at over 600hp, they recently redesigned them as well. You'll be fine with them, made a huge difference in the shifting.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy the pro comps from? As far as set up is there any need to worry about load and pre load with the pro comps?

idkillinit

Reaction score
Again there is no load pre load because they are not traction bars. They will not increase traction. They actually made it worse but it eliminated axle wrap and smoothed out shifting

idkillinit

Reaction score
I'd call em ladder bars. Yes will help with wheel hop but as far as launching at the track there is no preload adjustability. It's just a bar that prevents axle wrap

mandkole

Reaction score
Just buy the procomp front/rear mounts , then weld up your own tubes with adjustable joints like the johnny joint and youre good to go.

Attachments

• misc 002.jpg
    misc 002.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 182

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Problem with me making my own is I don't have much access to a welder right now. I think I'm just goin to get the pro comp bars and mounts for now and down the road make my own adjustable bars. My brother also has a powerstroke so when I'm ready to make my bars the pro comps can go on his

Bigsexy

Reaction score
The pro comp traction bars were 440, to build them Id think about 300. Fabtechs percisions were around 750. Will see how the pro comps do.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
The bars them selves are 290.99 for mine thru 4 wheel parts and the mountng kit was 160. For the price they can't be beat if your buying them. I'm friends with the guy who own last years diesel power challenge and realized lookin at it yesterday. His truck is running them, so I guess if they can handle his truck then they should be able to handle mine. I should be getting them today. I'm working on getting my buddys gopro and try and record the rear end before and after I put them on.

Latest posts

Members online