Pro comp traction bars

Betarocker

Reaction score
I've ran Fabtech bars. They sucked and I bent them.

Me too.
fabtech4.jpg

fabtech6.jpg

fabtech2.jpg

That's why I switched to One Up Offroad.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Wow glad I didn't get fabtechs, when I started asking around I heard a couple other guys say there's also broke.
I was also thinking if I ever wanted to put frount traction bars on I could make the pro comps work for and build rear ones. I've seen a lot of sled pullers run front traction bars

Charles

Reaction score
I agree with the comments about using the pro-comp bracketry and building your own links, using a rebuildable joint.

I did the same. It's been 3 or 4 years now and I've had no issues with them.

2914590660082519711S600x600Q85.jpg

2821530180082519711S600x600Q85.jpg

neverkickn

Reaction score
Charles, what joints are those? Also, is there a thread on here that talks about the geometry of a good traction bar setup? I seem to remember some pretty informative discussion not long ago but I never marked the thread.

Charles

Reaction score
Charles, what joints are those? Also, is there a thread on here that talks about the geometry of a good traction bar setup? I seem to remember some pretty informative discussion not long ago but I never marked the thread.

I used currie's forged joints from Poly Performance. And there are a number of threads about geometry for them. I don't know where they are, but they're there, somewhere out in interland....

Bigsexy

Reaction score
So I went to install my traction bars today and the guy who owned it before me welded thenuts to the u bolts. So now I have to chase down new ones.
What shocks do you all run on your pulling trucks and have you noticed any differance pulling with differant shocks?

Tom S

Reaction score

I think that thread was back on nation. I had asked Charles a ton of questions in that thread and went with those brackets. A google site search could find it.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Excuse the dirty truck but here's the traction bars installed.
2012-02-19142146.jpg

I feel like it launchs a little better but I just want around block with them.

BigRed97

Reaction score
I have the ProComp mounting kit....(i bought it 3 trucks ago)

I went to install the axle pieces when i did the 08 spring swap on the last truck and the locting pin from the factory block was not long enough to go through the bracket and into the spring perch...I didnt like that so I left them out..

anyone run into that?

mandkole

Reaction score
tried to find the old install directions but IIRC, you install a short hex head screw and a nut to extend the locating tab.

mandkole

Reaction score
As standard, the pin on the spring pack goes into locating hole on the axle plate. I think then that the mount had a very short bolt threaded into the bottom of it, so the mount located in the axle plate and the spring then located into the mount. Its been awhile-- still trying to find the instructions... :doh:

sirnunya

Reaction score
http://www.procompusa.com/downloads/PDFs/is/72099.pdf

"If the factory block is being used to index the axle bracket, the cast pin is not long enough
to protrude through both the axle bracket and the spring pad. Referring to Illustration II,
drill through the center of the block pin and install the allen bolt as shown. This will
provide enough pin length to properly index the block and axle bracket combination."

Is that what you're looking for?

Latest posts

Members online