Progress report on my build

blackmonster

Reaction score
Looks good Shane. How did you ever get those Elite heads? The one i sent you was cracked. I hope it all works out! I would stay with Mike Hallers waste gate set up and lines. His truck has been on the road for a long time now.
Were my Max-Powers polished? Or did you have them done. I don't remember them being polished. I had covers on them. They look nice!!

White_monster

Reaction score
Well some much needed pictures. I'll snap some more pics of the rotating assembly later, but for now this will do.

Passenger side ready for the head
IMG_0107-1.jpg

Head gasket in place. It's been trimmed for the bigger pushrods. If these gaskets let go I'll put fire rings in.
IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106-1.jpg

Head on. Needs to be painted but that's for later.
IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

Still a long road but at least some progress.

switchmode

Reaction score
Looking good buddy! If you need those tires out of your way to get some more room I might know a place they can hang out for abit.

White_monster

Reaction score
Another update. Second head is on and torqued. Need to make a trip to the car wash to clean the upper oil pan and front and rear covers still. Ported intake manifold from Gogo fit perfect, all the holes lined up. Placed the turbos with the bigger 1.28 housing just to see how it all fit. It all fits but it's a little close for comfort so I'll make some minor adjustments. Hopefully I can get the pushrods and rockers in tonight. I'll post pics tonight as it was too late to upload pics last night.

11STROKER

Reaction score
Another update. Second head is on and torqued. Need to make a trip to the car wash to clean the upper oil pan and front and rear covers still. Ported intake manifold from Gogo fit perfect, all the holes lined up. Placed the turbos with the bigger 1.28 housing just to see how it all fit. It all fits but it's a little close for comfort so I'll make some minor adjustments. Hopefully I can get the pushrods and rockers in tonight. I'll post pics tonight as it was too late to upload pics last night.

sweet, keep me posted

White_monster

Reaction score
Pictures as promised. Just installed exhaust piping to test the fit and to weld the extra gate piping. Well here's the pics from last night, no pics were taken tonight.

Picture of rotating assembly
IMG_0119.jpg

Picture of piston and piston cooling jet
IMG_0126.jpg

Extra weight needed to be welded into the crank. Machine shop said the crank vibrated like crazy with the weight that had been removed from the pistons and the lighter rods.
IMG_0122.jpg

Here's some pics of the hp turbo mounted and the bigger 1.28 exhaust housing mounted as well. As you can see things are very tight but they clear the ported manifold. With some slight modifications things will fit perfect.
IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Enjoy and ask questions if you got them. More pics to follow. No progress this weekend as its Easter holiday here, but as soon as that's over more will happen.

White_monster

Reaction score
Didn't take any pics last night. I did tear all the turbos, manifold, fuel pump, exhaust manifolds, up pipes are all off. I taped off most of the block and it's almost ready to paint the heads and rocker boxes. I did install all the rockers and pushrods on the passenger side, the Gogo 7/16" pushrods fit perfect, they are identical to Elite's stage 2 and I have those on the bench too. Before tearing the turbo's and stuff off. I marked where the upper gate piping needed to tie into the down pipe, I cut the hole and fit the pile in it. Just need to buy a new bottle of gas and tig it into place, also waiting on my Tial MVR gates to arrive just incase they differ from Precision gates at all. Well no more progress till next week, holidays take priority. Later

bpb424

Reaction score
You may have mentioned this before, but what are your intentions for this motor?
-drag truck
-puller
-badass DD
-because u can? LOL

I'm just curious.

Latest posts

Members online