Progress report on my build

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Suspension will be as follows

1 7/8" rear block, stock front coils, Rancho 9000 shocks, OUO weld on traction bars, RCD 4 link kit in the front. Think that should cover it, its still got to carry stuff and be able to tow so I can't go to crazy.

Well I got some time and worked on this beast some more. I got the new upper gate plumbed in, just need to weld the dump pipe into the down pipe. Big Thanks to Tadd and JD at Elite for making this piece for me, Guess Nathaniel welded it up but Thanks to them. With the upper gate not dumping to between the turbos I should be able to spray and run big injectors without having to much exhaust pressures. Here's a pic.

IMG_0141.jpg

I also mounted up the big exhaust housing and it only needs a bit of modifications, so thats good. next order of business is building clamps for the twin fueler lines. more to come next week, maybe even more paint.

If you dumped the WG into the the larger/Low pressure turbo wouldn't that improve spool up?
It seems if you are running a larger exhaust housing on the low pressure turbo the WG energy could be used to spool that one up sooner.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Looking at the bottom end pictures, it looks like the studs are all cut off....is there a fitment issue when using studs on the mains?

Also....looking at the front of the engine with the front cover off...the oil gallery plugs are not installed. Did you tap them and install npt plugs?

Looks awesome, can't wait to see it run man.

White_monster

Reaction score
If you dumped the WG into the the larger/Low pressure turbo wouldn't that improve spool up?
It seems if you are running a larger exhaust housing on the low pressure turbo the WG energy could be used to spool that one up sooner.

That's been tried before on another truck with the same housing sizes. Keeping bp in check is hard. Also the turbos light within 5' from a dead idle I'm told. I have the piping to dump between if things don't work thou.

*** yeah shane. fire that bitch.

She won't see frame rails till next spring. Don't have a place to swap the engine till then or the time for that matter. Thanks thou bud.

Looking at the bottom end pictures, it looks like the studs are all cut off....is there a fitment issue when using studs on the mains?

Also....looking at the front of the engine with the front cover off...the oil gallery plugs are not installed. Did you tap them and install npt plugs?

Looks awesome, can't wait to see it run man.

The main studs are trimmed to clear the upper oil pan. They were trimmed by Elite Diesel. The plugs for the oil gallery's are just the factory frost plugs red loctited in. Gonna be a long time till it runs thou. Prob another year.

White_monster

Reaction score
Ordered my new shocks today. Picked up a set of Walker Evans 2.0 emulsion shocks. I've used these on my other truck and loved them so I'll give them a go. Should have them in a couple weeks. Should work well paired with my 4 link kit.

Next order of business is brakes. Prob have to wait till June to purchase them thou. Need to decide what I want. Pics when parts arrive.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Ordered my new shocks today. Picked up a set of Walker Evans 2.0 emulsion shocks. I've used these on my other truck and loved them so I'll give them a go. Should have them in a couple weeks. Should work well paired with my 4 link kit.

Next order of business is brakes. Prob have to wait till June to purchase them thou. Need to decide what I want. Pics when parts arrive.

Let me know before you do the brakes. I still have the SSBC kit sitting here in the box. Doubt Ill be installing it before I sell the truck.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
That's been tried before on another truck with the same housing sizes. Keeping bp in check is hard. Also the turbos light within 5' from a dead idle I'm told. I have the piping to dump between if things don't work thou.

Ok, trying to learn more, makes sense. I'll be excited to see how things work out!

White_monster

Reaction score
Well the engine is finally built. Small finishing touches are left like clamping lines and getting piping painted. So now it sits on the engine stand till I get time to swap it, could be a long time unfortunety. I also need to get my 4r trans ordered and installed too. But there has been progress on the truck. Installed the RCD 4 link as most of you saw and I picked up a set of SSBC brakes from Shone. Also found 3 blown shocks on my truck so I ordered up a set of Walker Evans 2.0 shocks for my truck. But back to the engine. Intake piping will go out some time in May to be powder coated candy purple and the exhaust piping might go out for ceramic coat but I'm not sure as the coating flakes off after a winter up here so that seems like a useless coating, maybe heat wrap thou. Here's some pictures thou.

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0163-1.jpg

IMG_0164-1.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Be a couple months till I get my 4r. Got to finish up some intakes for ppl and do Pog's build in July. Also next month I'm gonna ask my girl the big question so trucks getting pushed a side for a bit. Enjoy the pics guys.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Well the engine is finally built. Small finishing touches are left like clamping lines and getting piping painted. So now it sits on the engine stand till I get time to swap it, could be a long time unfortunety. I also need to get my 4r trans ordered and installed too. But there has been progress on the truck. Installed the RCD 4 link as most of you saw and I picked up a set of SSBC brakes from Shone. Also found 3 blown shocks on my truck so I ordered up a set of Walker Evans 2.0 shocks for my truck. But back to the engine. Intake piping will go out some time in May to be powder coated candy purple and the exhaust piping might go out for ceramic coat but I'm not sure as the coating flakes off after a winter up here so that seems like a useless coating, maybe heat wrap thou. Here's some pictures thou.

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0163-1.jpg

IMG_0164-1.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Be a couple months till I get my 4r. Got to finish up some intakes for ppl and do Pog's build in July. Also next month I'm gonna ask my girl the big question so trucks getting pushed a side for a bit. Enjoy the pics guys.

If anything coat the insides of the exhaust pipe in a turbine coating or something similar. Works great on my hot pipe and you could just leave the outside raw metal i'm not much of a fan of header wrap after using that stuff on my hot pipe inside and out. Could amost set your hand on it after a pass down the track

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online