Project Wheels Up

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I unplugged the 42 pin connector, taillight plugs, and all the trans plugs. Then u unhooked the truck power wire from the starter relay. Then I unplugged the pcm and idm. I checked continuity between ground and the signal pins on the pcm plug and I get 1933. I pulled every fuse and relay on it. It is for sure a chafed wire somewhere. Problem is where. I may have to just pull every dadgum bit of that wiring harness out and open it all up.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I only found 1 thing that was wrong. I had a ground up under the dash that wasn't hooked up. Well that didn't help. I can start it and if it doesn't immediately go to full throttle, you can depress the throttle really really slow and it will idle up like normal till you get to a certain point. Then it just takes off again. Of course then I end up having to kill it while it's buzzing around 3,000 rpm. This last time it did it, I couldn't get it to start again. It's only building 50 psi of high pressure oil. So now I get to figure that out too.

At this point I'm taking any and all suggestions. I've never seen or heard of one doing this.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'll see what else I can find in a couple hours. I'm gonna go ahead and swap the IDM and the PCM again. Also going to use a different chip and tuning. I have to fix the hpop first. I think that last 3000 rpm start up may have stripped something in the pumps. I have 4 Adrenalines on the shelf so I may just toss a couple of them together. LOL

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
HPOP took a dump. That or the IPR. Either way I put in a new IPR and an Adrenaline on the back of the duals. Also the trans is in and waiting for the drive line to be put in tomorrow. I'll get the hpop back in and see if swapping the tuning and idm fixed it. Short of that I'm screwed. It won't be at Ennis.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I was dicking around with it today. I swapped the rear pump out with an adrenaline and tossed in a new IPR. Still only 250 psi cranking. I guess I'll pop the valve covers off and see if one of the injector o-rings blew.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Like I think it blew a seal and is just bleeding off the pressure back through the front of the pump into the front cover. It was putting up 150 psi before. Then I swapped the rear pump to an adrenaline and it went to 250-300 psi cranking. I put in a bran new IPR when I replaced it. I just need to buy Luke's billet single.

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
Like I think it blew a seal and is just bleeding off the pressure back through the front of the pump into the front cover. It was putting up 150 psi before. Then I swapped the rear pump to an adrenaline and it went to 250-300 psi cranking. I put in a bran new IPR when I replaced it. I just need to buy Luke's billet single.

I thought I saw that he sold the pump recently. I'm still trying to find my notes and wiring diagrams to figure out the throttle/rpm deal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.