Project Wheels Up

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Look at where the top of the rear wheel is in relation to the top of the frame.
Screenshot_2014-04-08-15-19-05.png

Screenshot_2014-04-08-15-19-32.png

As the truck loads up to start the burn out, the truck actually lifts a little. Just a little, but it's noticeable. So there is my very first sign that this new fangled suspension that "can't work" might actually do the job we want it to.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Man that is cool! It's gonna look good when it gets painted, but I like it all beat and ratty looking!

sent from everywhere

sootie

Reaction score
or maybe its the tire reacting to centrifugal force and the profile/dimensions of the tire are changing.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Within 30 minutes of putting in my new adrenastealthinator hpop, finishing the roll cage, installing the seat, putting in the harness, and putting in the back window, I had it loaded up and headed to the track. They were just test passes so they were ultra soft launches, partial throttle, and letting out before the end. Anyway, I ran an 18.68@65, then a 15.88@76, and finally a 14.1@89. I didn't feel comfortable pushing it any harder till I got new front tires. Other than that though, it ran perfectly!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Changed before the next race in 2 weeks.

Put in my front leaf stiffener bar
New front tires
New rear tires
Wire tail lights into switch
Hook up trans brake
Adjust rear drum brakes
Pad the roll bars

Work work!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I will eventually. It needs painted too so it's no big deal running without em for right now. Looks like a rat rod till I do the body.

Elmo, it's in the first page. It's a fully built engine. All the billet stuff blah blah blah inside the motor. Running Nates new 400/400's, dual Adrenalines, s482 FMW, and Matt's tuning.

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Hopefully by Saturday I'm going to buy another set of front tires, swap the rear tires, and toss in my rear leaf spring brace. Then I'll run back out to the track and start launching a little bit harder. I left off at a 14 last weekend. I'll pick up from there this weekend. Go for a 13, then a 12, then 11's. If I'm comfortable from there, then I'll actually try to do a full throttle run with a hard launch. I'm super excited to see what it can actually do.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
holy ***!

live life full throttle

Still looking to shed some more weight though. I really want to lose about another 300 pounds. The only way I can think of is to get a fiberglass cab. That's just such a huge endeavor though that I really don't want to. Unfortunately though I think that's my only option. The bed is already as light as it gets and the front clip weighs maybe 50# as it is. There's nothing else to pull off of it. Going to fiberglass doors will gain me about 100#, but I'll still be around 4,650#. Where do I get that next 200#? I know I need to go on a diet, but damn. Lol! Any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.