Real Tuning

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Honest question, not being a smart ass. How does tranny tuning alone make the tranny any safer with a 150hp or 150+hp tune? Wouldn't it need mechanical upgrades? Higher line pressures or torque converter behavior? Interested in a 100 or maybe 150hp tune eventually but love the way the tranny shifts stock and don't want some harsh shifting thing. More power of course is more better.

line pressure. it needs more. i feel comfy at 100hp over with factory line pressures , but really don't think much higher is super safe.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Mike- Do you have any thoughts on my post about the tune files? Do you know if these files are based off of new and updated Ford calibrations, or are these just d-lete files based off of the original job 1 flash?

Joseph_the_builder

Reaction score
It should be updated Ford calibration because my exhaust brake didn't work much at all before I tuned the truck. Even when I was ******d, it didn't work well at all. But now that the PPEI power levels are installed, the exhaust brake works very similar to my job 2 truck. It actually works now, where before it just let the transmission do all the downshifting to slow the load down.

Reaction score
Maybe someone can answer this, but it seems like all the files are the same that are sent out for each truck on EZlynk. Almost like its all canned tuning from one tuner. If you use one of the EZlynk files listed from your tuner, does it back up your original/specific OEM file from your truck? So if you have to go back to stock, are you getting your factory programming specific to your truck or are you getting just some canned factory tuning from EZlynk to put back in your truck? Doesnt seem like EZlynk actually stores any files and is all cloud based, so wondering how it saves your actual factory file.

Reaction score
Maybe someone can answer this, but it seems like all the files are the same that are sent out for each truck on EZlynk. Almost like its all canned tuning from one tuner. If you use one of the EZlynk files listed from your tuner, does it back up your original/specific OEM file from your truck? So if you have to go back to stock, are you getting your factory programming specific to your truck or are you getting just some canned factory tuning from EZlynk to put back in your truck? Doesnt seem like EZlynk actually stores any files and is all cloud based, so wondering how it saves your actual factory file.

They have all the stock files available to them. When your tuner links your truck, they will associate the correct stock file with your truck based on the parts number of your stock file.

Black AOD

Reaction score
How heavy are the 17 crew cab short bed's? I put in 8400 as a guess for weight into the calc and it saying between 520-540 whp for that ET and MPH....which is about what the dynos are saying for stock fuel/stock turbo 17's that are tuned/dleeted

sootie

Reaction score
How heavy are the 17 crew cab short bed's? I put in 8400 as a guess for weight into the calc and it saying between 520-540 whp for that ET and MPH....which is about what the dynos are saying for stock fuel/stock turbo 17's that are tuned/dleeted

we weighed a ccsb gasser and it was 6500 on the nose.

strokin20

Reaction score
7baf832397de1f245ac9f675d0c71e60.jpg

And then there's this posted on FB this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
They have all the stock files available to them. When your tuner links your truck, they will associate the correct stock file with your truck based on the parts number of your stock file.

Thank you for the clarification Luke! Another question though, are all the power tunes for the trucks (for example just a stock, ******d truck 150HP tune) the same that everyone is getting? Or are the tuners tuning it specifically to your strategy?

Reaction score
And then there's this posted on FB this morning.

Yeah, I just saw this. I'll keep my opinion of KEM and their tuning to myself on this one, but did go to their site to see what this "Thunderbolt Gauge" was. Looks like the nGauge device. This does seem to be good news though for the 2017s if the engine and trans can be tuned on one platform now. Should mean there will be more options from other tuners as well if they use this tuning platform. Guess we will have to see what all comes out in the coming weeks!

strokin20

Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw this. I'll keep my opinion of KEM and their tuning to myself on this one, but did go to their site to see what this "Thunderbolt Gauge" was. Looks like the nGauge device. This does seem to be good news though for the 2017s if the engine and trans can be tuned on one platform now. Should mean there will be more options from other tuners as well if they use this tuning platform. Guess we will have to see what all comes out in the coming weeks!
Yea I've never ran their tunes on anything. But as you say, good news for the 17 guys because I have a sneaking suspicion we'll see another player pop up this week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

strokin20

Reaction score
And now another has released info on tuning today. Starting to look promising for the 17's now.