riffraff billet wheel? ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

under pressure

Reaction score
Quick google search shows no info has ever been released or even talked about with this wheel.
But the picture looks like it was taken from the ones i took of my dieselsite wheel.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I saw a different billet wheel for the GT38 the other day. My turbo guy had it and said they had used several with very good results. We compared it to the WW2 I took him to install and balance in my daughters OBS turbo...NOT the same! The differences were obvious to the naked eye. He did tell me that the ones he had were made in Japan and that he could get any wheel we wanted made. Point is...there are billet wheels that are not the same as what Bob is doing...and just because it's billet doesn't mean it's better. I have an idea how much testing Bob has done to get the WW2 to where it is and hope we don't see a bunch of other copies come along and try to ride on his coattails by calling their stuff "ww2" as well.

Reaction score
Quick google search shows no info has ever been released or even talked about with this wheel.
But the picture looks like it was taken from the ones i took of my dieselsite wheel.

I don't see any kind of testing or back PSI readings on this wheel..just that it spools faster because its lighter... you don't expect him to spend his profits on some lame test do you?? that's what the customers truck is for... I think I would spend my $200 on the tested and proven WW2...

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Sema had a company selling wheels that looked the same and you could get a billet one for 70 bucks that looks just like this

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I saw this on FB last night and instantly thought about Bob's wheel. I wanted to say something on their page, but didn't want to stir anything up. It's just weird, as soon as Dieselsite starts talking about and posting results of their wheel, RiffRaff starts posting pictures and says they have a new billet stock wheel. If they have designed and built a wheel, that's awesome. Hopefully they'll chime in with results

under pressure

Reaction score
I saw a different billet wheel for the GT38 the other day. My turbo guy had it and said they had used several with very good results. We compared it to the WW2 I took him to install and balance in my daughters OBS turbo...NOT the same! The differences were obvious to the naked eye. He did tell me that the ones he had were made in Japan and that he could get any wheel we wanted made. Point is...there are billet wheels that are not the same as what Bob is doing...and just because it's billet doesn't mean it's better. I have an idea how much testing Bob has done to get the WW2 to where it is and hope we don't see a bunch of other copies come along and try to ride on his coattails by calling their stuff "ww2" as well.

Oh im sure billet wheels will flood the market trying to ride this train !

NRHX2009

Reaction score
I would like to put this to rest, these wheels are all made by the same company. I have them, Dieselsite has them, Riffraff has them, and a few others I know of have them. Now that being said, the manufacturer and Bob @ Diesel Site have cut an exclusive deal where NO ONE but him can purchase these wheels. Sucks for me and other turbo builders who now cannot have access to the parts unless bought though Dieselsite.

Thats all i have to say to clarify things with buyers and members of the forum.

---James

Dieselsite

Reaction score
I think I need to very clear about this wheel.

I designed this. It's my design, my measurements, months and months of my time and my money into the development of this wheel. That's why I have an exclusivity. I don't think it's cool that I design, test, and prototype something and others get to go around me to sell it?

I have a whole line of wheels coming and you will see all kinds of billet wheels on the market, but if I design it, it's mine...... as it should be. Unfortunately people will be duped by copies and billet copies of stock wheels sold on my coattails. Our wheels are engraved with "wicked wheel" to eliminate doubt as to the real wheel.

We definitely have dealer pricing and you will have the availability of my Wicked Wheels through us. Just get in touch and we'll set you up.

To all: My wheels will be starting to ship February 1st. Here's the correct link to the true WW2 for the stock turbo: Wicked Wheel

Bob

NRHX2009

Reaction score
I think I need to very clear about this wheel.

I designed this. It's my design, my measurements, months and months of my time and my money into the development of this wheel. That's why I have an exclusivity. I don't think it's cool that I design, test, and prototype something and others get to go around me to sell it?

I have a whole line of wheels coming and you will see all kinds of billet wheels on the market, but if I design it, it's mine...... as it should be. Unfortunately people will be duped by copies and billet copies of stock wheels sold on my coattails. Our wheels are engraved with "wicked wheel" to eliminate doubt as to the real wheel.

We definitely have dealer pricing and you will have the availability of my Wicked Wheels through us. Just get in touch and we'll set you up.

To all: My wheels will be starting to ship February 1st. Here's the correct link to the true WW2 for the stock turbo: Wicked Wheel

Bob

Agreed 100% I just did not know that it was your design, which makes sense to make private. I'll pm you

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I figured this might get started... So if you all think a copy is a copy and coping someone elses work is bad... so bad...

Please compare this product that has been sold for almost two years...

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m...roduct_Code=RDPPRI&Category_Code=F731-RDP-PRI

To this product out for about 4 months now from Dieselsite...

http://www.dieselsite.com/no-crush1999-200373lplenumsupports.aspx

I like Bob, and have been using him for years and years.

I am friends with Clay, and will continue to use him for years and years.

And another thing... All this talk about Bob and his wheel... Clays products could not even be mentioned until he was a sponser here... When is Dieselsite going to pony up?

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
And another thing... All this talk about Bob and his wheel... Clays products could not even be mentioned until he was a sponser here... When is Dieselsite going to pony up?

Garrett has contacted us, it hasn't been finalized and announced yet.... but we are on board as a sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online