Rough running, codes etc...

V-Ref

Reaction score
Fuel System.....CHECK!

Holy smokes, I forgot how well thought through your system was. Thanks for digging up your post/threads. Requirement/fuctions identified, then built them into your system. That surge tank/submerged pump...purdy smart stuff.

I would estimate the chances of air in your fuel to be 0% then....

Was just being selfish, and wanting to see what I could do to prevent damaging an injector nozzle, but it doesn't sound like this was fuel system related. Sometimes stuff just breaks.

Man...now the trucks all apart, time to get 16 magnets, hold the lifters up, and slip a cam in there. :naughty:

I mean...it's a just a few more bloody knuckles, drops of sweat, and one or two more tears away at this point. Doesn't Matt make a cam that doesn't need piston reliefs? :evil

Justification=Enhanced engine life/economy through improved internal engine efficiency.

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
Yes he does. I would love to run it. The issue is that its gets to the point where you just might as well pull the engine out. I would have to pull the front cover which means the pan and you have that cross-member there so..... If/when this motor ever blows i will then have to decide what direction I will go. Either build it from the ground up the way I want with Heui or go to P-pump motor.

I still have plenty to do though. Things to get wrapped up in the down time:

All ready installed new XRF upper and lower ball joints as well as Timken Unit bearings. Got all the new fuel system wiring into looms.

Few things left to do (cough cough):

* BTS trans
* 6.0 Trans Cooler
* Hypermax IC
* ATI Super Balancer
* Melling LPOP since I will have the balancer off for the swap seems like a no-brainer.
* XRF Tie-rod kit
* Auxiliary Powertrain Control Module (APCM) that has been sitting here for the better half of a year
* IssPro Perfromax system. Finally get this put in. Rushed to get it and yet to get it swapped int.
* '08 rear springs
* Send off my IDMs to get one of Dave's fancy upgraded ones
* Paint the IC pipes
* With hot summer days a round the corner new to get that heater core diverter installed.
* Batteries relocated to the frame rails.

So what seemed like just a few things turns out to give me more than enough to do for a bit. :doh:

The issues is the flat bed driver could not get my X into the garage as its uphill. So I have been working out it out on a good slant of the driveway. I may have to take my come-a-long and secure it somehow in the garage and crank my X up into it. 8K capacity pulling 8.5K Excursion up hill 25' into garage. Should work LOL We will see.

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
Didn't take the bait :doh:

But I know you're at least thinking about it twice now.

FWIW-I think you can pull the front cover without pulling the motor. Your IC is gonna be out, so just the condenser/radiator to go. :poke:

But it sounds like you have a full list of great mods to be busy with already.

Look forward to seeing your rig progress.

TARM

Reaction score
You suck as now I am thinking about it. :doh:

I really would prefer to do valve reliefs and take advantage of more lifts. The way our cams if we can make more room for valve lift we can make some nice gains from more lift as we can handle more ramp speed. Some more duration would sure be nice as well.

I want to see some of these injectors Jason has cooking. That will be my deciding factor of which way I go if I go for a full build.

Right now I have a good design for a traction bar kit for those that take there trucks off pavement. I went about it much like I did with my fuel system. Thing is one thing I never bothered to learn to do was weld LOL I need to take some time and put away some money to go pick up a setup and some junk steel and get after it. Welders start to add up to some $$$$ when you get all your supplies. Hoping I can find someone getting rid of a Hobart or Miller Mig setup 190-220amp range

TARM

Reaction score
Well once I am standing in front of it with the rad, fan, harmonic balancer and LPOP off I may be making a phone call. LOL Tell you the truth with the fact the trans has to go in its not much more to pull the motor. But to be honest with the mount I used that turbo was a bear to get to fit just right and I do not want to mess with it until I have a new mounting kit from Jake to go in there. So if I did it would be with the motor in. So how do you get the front cover off without pulling it?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
The engine has to come out to pull the front cover, oil pick up bolts to it inside the pan.

Good news is its two 21 (?) mil nuts that can be reached by an impact once the trans is out. Disconnect the wiring harness and roll the engine upside down once it's on the stand.

With the pushrods out the lifters fall into the retainers and the cam clears no problem.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I am; right in front of you LOL

I'd argue about it with you LOL

But, Jason needs to get other projects finished around that big ass shop of his before he'll finish those injectors I imagine.

So, once their done, we'll resume!

Latest posts

Members online