Rudy's first Tow Power-X/stock fuel build

White_monster

Reaction score
Insanity turbos used to be twins and 71mm and 88mm. It has since changed to triples. No one has the setup, I tried to buy it but at the time there was no availability. Have fun. If you can move 150lb/min of air you will start to actually use 150 nozzles.

Matt

Reaction score
Is that what the insanity is supposed to put out? I've never seen these flow numbers from Elite's set ups.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that that 6.7 is triples? If so, how do they have it plumbed? On most triple trucks there is two atmospheric chargers, both having an air intake. On this truck, you can clearly see the air intake goes right to one charger in the valley. So the atmospheric stage is just one turbo. Then coming out of the atmospheric turbo, it splits. So is it actually going to two small high pressure turbos? Or is it going to an intercooler that has two entrances? If it is triples, I don't believe it is set up in a triple compound set up like the guy is doing on here with the stock compounds and a 91mm, or in the more traditional triple set up where two atmospheric turbos take the place of one BIG atmospheric turbo.

I know there's at least two turbos from what I read a while back, also a modded fuel pump, injectors, I think compression was increased too? I posted that just for a visual of a underhood cluster, i don't think it has triples but i honestly have no idea. But with all those pipes I think there is something else they installed to cool air, or maybe a third charger somewhere, dunno. It's a jungle in there that's for sure.

White_monster

Reaction score
No the max powers are supposed to move 135lb/min and that's not enough. I'd say the insanity turbos will move closer to 170-180lb/min. As far as being streetable I'm not sure due the high pressure turbo having that much air pass thru it. I think losing the vgt might be a smart choice. The old insanity setup wascon the stroker engine if anyone is curious.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I know there's at least two turbos from what I read a while back, also a modded fuel pump, injectors, I think compression was increased too? I posted that just for a visual of a underhood cluster, i don't think it has triples but i honestly have no idea. But with all those pipes I think there is something else they installed to cool air, or maybe a third charger somewhere, dunno. It's a jungle in there that's for sure.

One of the pipes looked like a radiator extension of some sort. I thought it had a radiator cap on it. Insanities should be trips, it is more insane running three turbos than two. Wonder about a 95mm feeding the hp compounds? :demon:

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
One of the pipes looked like a radiator extension of some sort. I thought it had a radiator cap on it. Insanities should be trips, it is more insane running three turbos than two. Wonder about a 95mm feeding the hp compounds? :demon:

think so since it's running to the front pump. A 95 would be awesome, it would be a must for trips to spool that on my 6.0 lol. Not trying to derail anymore but I was wondering how your hp turbos did for daily driving? Dual ball bearings right?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Two 64's and 66. Small triples, ridiculous spool up, and lots of fun. Damn....if I could only afford it. LOL

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Two 64's and 66. Small triples, ridiculous spool up, and lots of fun. Damn....if I could only afford it. LOL

I think that's the setup on erics race truck, it spooled amazing and made some serious numbers. Might have to mod my piping and bracket a bit pretty soon :D

Erikclaw

Reaction score
think so since it's running to the front pump. A 95 would be awesome, it would be a must for trips to spool that on my 6.0 lol. Not trying to derail anymore but I was wondering how your hp turbos did for daily driving? Dual ball bearings right?

The HP's are ridiculous for daily driving. Spool like stock and are a blast. When you need them, get on it and you leave everything else staring at your tail lights. Believe me that is what I miss most of not having it; driving it. Yes they are dual ball bearings.
What Jeff said about a tripple set up would be bad as hell, I was just commenting on keeping what I had and adding to it. Chit gets too costly if you are replacing it all the time. LOL

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
The HP's are ridiculous for daily driving. Spool like stock and are a blast. When you need them, get on it and you leave everything else staring at your tail lights. Believe me that is what I miss most of not having it; driving it. Yes they are dual ball bearings.
What Jeff said about a tripple set up would be bad as hell, I was just commenting on keeping what I had and adding to it. Chit gets too costly if you are replacing it all the time. LOL

Amen bud! I would hate to give that up and dream about driving it when it's out of commission.

Last edited:

White_monster

Reaction score
They are but you'll be waiting a long time for them. Also a lot of modifications will be needed, like battery relocation, fab work for charge piping, support for the turbos. They are competition turbos. Just buy max powers. Also getting max powers will be some time too, trust me I know.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
They are but you'll be waiting a long time for them. Also a lot of modifications will be needed, like battery relocation, fab work for charge piping, support for the turbos. They are competition turbos. Just buy max powers. Also getting max powers will be some time too, trust me I know.

Yeah, prob gonna head that direction. Max's, intake manifold, 6.0 exhaust manifold, up pipes, and maybe some head work. And some fuel to push it. Now that I have my 450, I can get a bit goofy with the 250! The rest of the motor is already beefed up to take a beating...

Might do all that, and keep the tow X's.... Be cheaper... We'll see...

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, prob gonna head that direction. Max's, intake manifold, 6.0 exhaust manifold, up pipes, and maybe some head work. And some fuel to push it. Now that I have my 450, I can get a bit goofy with the 250! The rest of the motor is already beefed up to take a beating...

Tow x's for the turbo or you wanna sell them?

my79f

Reaction score

Keep the X's, and do what GSTR did. Put a big 90+ turbo in front of them.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
it would be interesting if you could take the 71mm from the insanity turbo set up and fab it up with 2 66mm from the maxpowers for tripples. i think it would spool stupidly fast.

Latest posts

Members online