Rudy's first Tow Power-X/stock fuel build

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
The gears are most likely it. I hit most of the hills about 22-2300 so not much room to downshift. But damn they suck unloaded. Hell loaded on flat ground they suck. But hills or towing in the mountains they really shine.
You got into the same weather I did the last time I towed mine with a SRW. I dont like my ass puckering the entire trip.
If they are overpasses do they have you go down hill a little so the truck lets off the gas before it has to get back into it. Mine will downshift sometimes if it is like that and i dont catch it. If I do catch it I just keep speeding up some so the truck doesnt have to work as hard going over them.
You will like the 450, they are a beast of a truck. I am actually looking for a 250 for a driver, have a Tacoma right now and just tired of a small pickup.
Yeah, I had a Tacoma for a few years. But as soon as I could afford it, I went bigger. A 2006 Chevy 1500 Z-71. Chevy pizzed me off, so when I could afford it, instead of going with a duramax as an upgrade in 2010, I switched to Powerstrokes, and I am def happy with my decision.

I was about to call it a night when the wind was kicking. White knuckle grip on the wheel, and 50 Miles per hour, shifting in and out of 5th, nerve racking! But I saw a sign for I-4 west, 12 miles ahead, and stuck it out for a bit longer, and as soon as I turned west, and got a tail wind, I was set. Last 55 miles to Orlando was a breeze!

I tried accelerating a bit to get the RPM s and Boost up, but, to no avail... still wouldn't get over 32-33 #s, and still downshifted... Not a problem with the tuner on STREET setting though... I also tried slowing down a bit, to see if it would downshift like that. NOPE. 60 mph, 5th gear, with TC locked, 1650 rpm, hit 39 #s, EGTs got a bit higher, about 1250 ish, but it powered though it, over and over again...

Something fun to do in bad wind is to go two wide. Most old timers know. It will break the crosswind between to trucks. Headwinds your screwed.
I would hide along side of the trucks on I-70 and I-80 when the wind was kicking on my bike! lol! With a 40-50 mph cross wind, my road king was leaning about 25 -30 degrees for a few states! Every time I passed a big rig, I got to ride upright for a while... So I hid there for a while. Worked out real good.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Also, I will not leave the moon roof open at night, on the highway, when the temp is like it is now.... this is the bat, that swooped my rig last night driving to NC... It hit the back edge of the moonroof at 70 mph, and died, and fell on my arm on the center console.... HOLY SH*T! Scared the crap out of me! My dog in the back seat went ape **** too, with me yelling and all... lol!

Attachments

• IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    738 KB · Views: 141

tbsimmons

Reaction score
When I got the Toyota I was married and the wife had an 07 Tahoe, which we took out of town if we were not pulling a trailer, then it was the 450. When she decided to leave the Tahoe left with her. Lost the Tahoe was the biggest. She turned out a little difference than when we got together. Got the Toyota mainly for the mileage when I had my 04 F350. It is a good little truck but for me it is not big enough to be driving out of town to see the girlfriend, about 5 hours away.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Also, I will not leave the moon roof open at night, on the highway, when the temp is like it is now.... this is the bat, that swooped my rig last night driving to NC... It hit the back edge of the moonroof at 70 mph, and died, and fell on my arm on the center console.... HOLY SH*T! Scared the crap out of me! My dog in the back seat went ape **** too, with me yelling and all... lol!
Should of had his sonar checked out before leaving the cave. The last thing he probably saw was his a$$ LMAO!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Obviously is you can't do it in with a camper, but with my enclosed. I move the buggy a little more forward when I am expecting high winds. I was getting hit fairly hard with wind yesterday with almost no movement. No where near 40mph winds though. Even back when I had my dually, it was just as bad when the winds got that high.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Met up with Chris tonight on his way through Atlanta. Just wanted to add to this thread that his setup is ridiculous! Good meeting you again Chris!

Lowdown89

Reaction score

Axe thought he had a new toy to play with LOL

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
LOL! my bad.... I was all hopped up on mountain dew! lol!

yes, 2010! lol! 4.30:1 gears. NO MODS WHATSOEVER The dude was at the "steal"ership when I called. He had it up for 45,000, and the dealership offered 36,000 for trade in. He said 41,000 and we are set. I said "DEAL"!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online