Rudy's first Tow Power-X/stock fuel build

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
And... with my 18,900 grant from the VA, I am only financing 22,100..... so, I have my toy hauler-hauler..... now I can get even more ridiculous with the 250...... has anyone done triples on a 6.4 yet???????

SAK

Reaction score
And... with my 18,900 grant from the VA, I am only financing 22,100..... so, I have my toy hauler-hauler..... now I can get even more ridiculous with the 250...... has anyone done triples on a 6.4 yet???????

I heard a mouse talking about one that might be brewing up :thumbsup:

WoodBoy

Reaction score

Josh is doing it in the other thread dustin started

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Well, after talking with Aaron, I think we might just add heads, intake, ported exhaust, and some fuel to my beast! lol! Triples sound EXPENSIVE AS HELL!!! The 450 is gonna stay tuner/intake/exhaust for a looooong time! lol!

White_monster

Reaction score
Get creative Erik. He's not the only one thinking about triples thou, 135lb of air a minute isn't enough, we need about 180lb/min to be competitive on fuel. Chris get Tadd's insanity turbos, they huge I hear.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I was tossing the idea around about the max powers..... How much are the insanities running?

Don't know, haven't even heard of a set being installed. I know they are big, no info is listed on them. For whatever the price is, must be another g more than the Max? It might be cheaper to have a custom set fabbed in or even tripples. The labor is what will get cha with the latter.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Don't know, haven't even heard of a set being installed. I know they are big, no info is listed on them. For whatever the price is, must be another g more than the Max? It might be cheaper to have a custom set fabbed in or even tripples. The labor is what will get cha with the latter.

Cab is coming off again anyhow. Heads, 6.0 manifolds, up pipes, and more fuel. Might up the ante on turbos......

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Cab is coming off again anyhow. Heads, 6.0 manifolds, up pipes, and more fuel. Might up the ante on turbos......

You could just exchange your hp turbo for the high power hp turbo. Save some money for your 450. You would still need a fuel bowl delete and the different piping.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I was wondering how we would go about it.... Batteries in the bed? etc.... The more I think about it, the more that I lean towards more fuel and air VS triples.... when I have a TON more money, maybe..... lol!

I have the batteries in my toolbox so I could clear my twins in the 6.0, looks a lot better too. That's crazy your cab is off already, you move fast! I would hate life to keep taking piping off and on again for changing out something that used to be easy to get to, must be why you need to do it right the first time lol. It's a 6.7 but you get the idea
10eca14a.png

Matt

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that that 6.7 is triples? If so, how do they have it plumbed? On most triple trucks there is two atmospheric chargers, both having an air intake. On this truck, you can clearly see the air intake goes right to one charger in the valley. So the atmospheric stage is just one turbo. Then coming out of the atmospheric turbo, it splits. So is it actually going to two small high pressure turbos? Or is it going to an intercooler that has two entrances? If it is triples, I don't believe it is set up in a triple compound set up like the guy is doing on here with the stock compounds and a 91mm, or in the more traditional triple set up where two atmospheric turbos take the place of one BIG atmospheric turbo.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that that 6.7 is triples? If so, how do they have it plumbed? On most triple trucks there is two atmospheric chargers, both having an air intake. On this truck, you can clearly see the air intake goes right to one charger in the valley. So the atmospheric stage is just one turbo. Then coming out of the atmospheric turbo, it splits. So is it actually going to two small high pressure turbos? Or is it going to an intercooler that has two entrances? If it is triples, I don't believe it is set up in a triple compound set up like the guy is doing on here with the stock compounds and a 91mm, or in the more traditional triple set up where two atmospheric turbos take the place of one BIG atmospheric turbo.

I was looking at that too. Not sure how that setup works.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.