Sinister diesel advise

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Dennis. We need to talk soon. I dont sleep good at night knowing I have parts from Dozers on my truck...

I would love to swap it for your kit. ;)

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Dennis. We need to talk soon. I dont sleep good at night knowing I have parts from Dozers on my truck...

I would love to swap it for your kit. ;)

I've been thinking the same thing LOL. I don't even like looking at my kit from JJ sitting on the bench.

SmokinOutlawDiesel1

Reaction score
Hey what in y'all opinion and I am open to make my king ranch a stage 1-2 truck what is a complete list of parts and by who should I stick with. Not trying to be a newb just don't know a **** ton about 6.0 I knew enought to get her head studs a a egr delete

Steelnc

Reaction score
Hey what in y'all opinion and I am open to make my king ranch a stage 1-2 truck what is a complete list of parts and by who should I stick with. Not trying to be a newb just don't know a **** ton about 6.0 I knew enought to get her head studs a a egr delete

Could you elaborate on these stages you speak of?

SmokinOutlawDiesel1

Reaction score
Just a basic upgrade not extreme in performance or pulling but a for sure lookout truck. I just want it to not be stock but not to the extreme

Steelnc

Reaction score
Just a basic upgrade not extreme in performance or pulling but a for sure lookout truck. I just want it to not be stock but not to the extreme

Ummm, may be easier to set Hp goals. Not sure i understand anything you just said.

Or set a budget. Which will be blown to hell btw but its a start.

SmokinOutlawDiesel1

Reaction score
Alright we'll no need to ask for help on here any more you got people that want to be dicks not you steelnc but no I don't have extreme goals just want a truck that can be noticed and proud of the work that's done to it

Steelnc

Reaction score
Alright we'll no need to ask for help on here any more you got people that want to be dicks not you steelnc but no I don't have extreme goals just want a truck that can be noticed and proud of the work that's done to it

Like i said start with a budget. Studs, egr delete, oil cooler, Sct with canned tunes, and exhaust will put you close to 5k plus or minus. Rudy's does my work as well and they will take care of you. You're in good hands.

SmokinOutlawDiesel1

Reaction score
I have all that done already actually that is all I have done. I'm at fort Bragg, I like Rudy's they did my diag and were very detailed. man I just want to step the game up a little just probably new powermax not sure of any other good turbos out there, that's all I hear about is powermax. I know I want the airdog lift pump I mean is it worth the bang for the buck. I know for the injectors I am waiting for the moment of going out before I drop big money like that. Just like all the coolant **** and fuel regulator is it even worth it if I'm not trying for big power. I mean I guess a goal would be maybe a 13 second mid 12 truck

05wh250

Reaction score
I have all that done already actually that is all I have done. I'm at fort Bragg, I like Rudy's they did my diag and were very detailed. man I just want to step the game up a little just probably new powermax not sure of any other good turbos out there, that's all I hear about is powermax. I know I want the airdog lift pump I mean is it worth the bang for the buck. I know for the injectors I am waiting for the moment of going out before I drop big money like that. Just like all the coolant **** and fuel regulator is it even worth it if I'm not trying for big power. I mean I guess a goal would be maybe a 13 second mid 12 truck

a powermax isn't all it's cracked up to be look into a stage 1 or stage 2 mtw turbo. check your fuel pressure before you start doing a whole lot with lift pumps if it's not needed there is no point. a regulated return system is definately worth the money to protct injectors from running low on fuel, the stock is regulated before it goes into the motor so the rear injectors starve. as for tunes you can probably get a package deal for an sct and custom tunes which is where it's at with these.

The best advice i can give is before you start for power get everything checked out; as in fuel pressure, ficm voltage, and get your maintenance caught up if your not sure on when it was changed. also get gauges i like the edge insights.

Steelnc

Reaction score

Cool. I'm right up 95 from you outside of Raleigh.
I just put a powermax on my truck last week. Pretty happy with it so far. Doesn't clean up the 190's but i didn't have the money to go bigger yet.

You could always go 155-175's with a powermax or a MTW stage 1 that i'm sure would be very respectable and fun to drive. Like i said though all depends on how much you wanna spend. Isht gets expensive quick and can be addictive as hell.

strokin6L

Reaction score
don't get an Airdog....nothin but issues with them. And like said....ditch the powermax idea....they're not all that. Look into the MTW turbo's...hybrid, stage I or stage II. Right now i'm running the hybrid with 190/75 injectors and the truck is around 500hp and just towed almost 6K lbs for 1200 miles this past weekend from Buffalo NY to N. Carolina and back with no issues. however i will upgrading to the MTW stage 3 turbo in a couple months. Contact Madpowerstroke(adrian) for some info on his turbo's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online