Sinister diesel advise

Steelnc

Reaction score
I have all that done already actually that is all I have done. I'm at fort Bragg, I like Rudy's they did my diag and were very detailed. man I just want to step the game up a little just probably new powermax not sure of any other good turbos out there, that's all I hear about is powermax. I know I want the airdog lift pump I mean is it worth the bang for the buck. I know for the injectors I am waiting for the moment of going out before I drop big money like that. Just like all the coolant **** and fuel regulator is it even worth it if I'm not trying for big power. I mean I guess a goal would be maybe a 13 second mid 12 truck

Just re read your last post. Mid 12, 13's your looking at atleast 175-190's, fuel system, and a 68mm, Mtw, stage 2 or 3, then a tranny shortly after.

SmokinOutlawDiesel1

Reaction score
i ment around 10 in 1/8th im not a newb i have been doing stuff for awhile on diesels i just had a 7.3l. the 6.0l is new to me ish.

SmokinOutlawDiesel1

Reaction score
Cool. I'm right up 95 from you outside of Raleigh.
I just put a powermax on my truck last week. Pretty happy with it so far. Doesn't clean up the 190's but i didn't have the money to go bigger yet.

You could always go 155-175's with a powermax or a MTW stage 1 that i'm sure would be very respectable and fun to drive. Like i said though all depends on how much you wanna spend. Isht gets expensive quick and can be addictive as hell.

were you at rudys thursday because i went up there with the ranch and had to back up out of the way of a guy they said just installed a powermax on his

SmokinOutlawDiesel1

Reaction score
don't get an Airdog....nothin but issues with them. And like said....ditch the powermax idea....they're not all that. Look into the MTW turbo's...hybrid, stage I or stage II. Right now i'm running the hybrid with 190/75 injectors and the truck is around 500hp and just towed almost 6K lbs for 1200 miles this past weekend from Buffalo NY to N. Carolina and back with no issues. however i will upgrading to the MTW stage 3 turbo in a couple months. Contact Madpowerstroke(adrian) for some info on his turbo's.

at rudys the airdog is all they recommended only reason i was thinking about it but i guess i wont waste my money ill just get a fuel regulator. so the mtw is legit i was looking at them and wasnt sure which one to really get and i wouldnt have to change the wheel out huh. like i said i have
apr head studs, sinister egr delete, oil cooler replacement, air raid cold air (which i want to get rid of for a afe just dont know which one i want yet), 6" rize industry lift on 37" nitto mt, sct live wire ts w/out custom tunes yet but i am getting either gear head or inovative i was told gear head runs to hot, and i am still working on my turbo back but i am getting the turndown

SmokinOutlawDiesel1

Reaction score
A 10 second run in the 1/8 is really slow. I ran a 8.91 with just intake, exhaust and race tune 7 years ago...everything else was stock.[/Q

oh well i guess im lost on my times i just want a competitive truck rather than just a get smoked truck. so i guess ill just work turbo and fuel regulator being injectors are going to take awhile. but i had a complete diag done at rudys and they said everything is perfect that i just had some corrotion build up in my fuel bowl area and just bushings and little stuff.

strokin6L

Reaction score
If you get an air dog...get the airdog 150...its a pusher pump that works with your stock pump. The airdogII has had nothing but problems

strokin6L

Reaction score
It will not whistle like the stock turbo. Mine does only because when Adrian built my hybrid...he forgot to put the 05-07 13 blade turbine in it....instead he installed the 03-04 10 blade wheel which whistles very loud

Heat wave

Reaction score
You have no idea how bad I want to finish that sentence!

It's pretty shameful when a company buys another companies product and then directly copies said product. Making fixtures of said part, etc.... It's even more ridiculous when the head shop foreman coping the kit thinks that the return line on the regulator is supposed to go to a reservoir and not into the actual fuel return line. :shrug:

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
It's even more ridiculous when the head shop foreman coping the kit thinks that the return line on the regulator is supposed to go to a reservoir and not into the actual fuel return line. :shrug:

Care to explain this further? Reservoir?

Misunderstood by my stupid smart phone!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
It's pretty shameful when a company buys another companies product and then directly copies said product. Making fixtures of said part, etc.... It's even more ridiculous when the head shop foreman coping the kit thinks that the return line on the regulator is supposed to go to a reservoir and not into the actual fuel return line. :shrug:

So.... if the copy is plumbed differently... is it still a copy?

Dennis makes some of the absolute cleanest fuel systems in the business and has for YEARS. I bought one for my 7.3 way back in 2005 (maybe 2004???) - and it was worth every penny then and I know he has made a TON of improvements and changes since then. I don't know anything about this "copy" business - but there are only so many ways to do a regulated return system - I would be shocked if all the systems available didn't have some resemblance to each other. I do however find it hard to believe that Dennis would need to copy anything on a fuel system - ever. A guy that has specialized in making things like that using hard lines and ss braided lines for years all while making continuing improvements as he goes probably doesn't have time to copy it considering it would be faster and cheaper for him to just start from scratch and make it fit right the first time.

There are only so many ways you can plumb a regulated return kit. There are only so many ways you can build an EGR delete kit.

Steelnc

Reaction score
Thanks. Had that and a 5" single installed. Trying to get use to the sound. **** is abnoxiously loud. Neighbors probably wanna cut my throat.

Latest posts

Members online