Snow White Resurrection

DocBar

Reaction score
OHHHHH The infamous GT42 kit!!! lol
I always wondered why David wouldn't specify anything beyond GT42. I had no idea if he meant 4294 or 4202. World of difference between the two. But, David has always been about "seat of your pants, to hell with the details" except when it comes to building a motor. I fully believe my motor is fully balanced, blue printed and ready to rock and roll. But, that's David: seat of the pants, hair on fire and it either lives or it dies. Hopefully, Snow White lives and does well. I still think mine or Vander's setup will embarrass the hell out of his, though. He can get some satisfaction out of the fact that 99% of my power plant has DI all over it. I think he built me a helluva motor.

Yes, I will be going to 400/400's for racing. That should put me in the mid to upper 700's with the compounds. I'll just have to swap injectors and chips for all out racing.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm a long way from embarrassing anybody. I'll be racing in my crew cab for a little while. That thing is 7,500# so it can't be too fast. The 78 will take a good solid year of racing to really get dialed in. It'll be a while before I'm a contender.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
I'm a long way from embarrassing anybody. I'll be racing in my crew cab for a little while. That thing is 7,500# so it can't be too fast. The 78 will take a good solid year of racing to really get dialed in. It'll be a while before I'm a contender.

When you hit 112-114 mph in the quarter in your CC you will be in the ball park of a good running Daily driver;)

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I always wondered why David wouldn't specify anything beyond GT42. I had no idea if he meant 4294 or 4202. World of difference between the two. But, David has always been about "seat of your pants, to hell with the details" except when it comes to building a motor. I fully believe my motor is fully balanced, blue printed and ready to rock and roll. But, that's David: seat of the pants, hair on fire and it either lives or it dies. Hopefully, Snow White lives and does well. I still think mine or Vander's setup will embarrass the hell out of his, though. He can get some satisfaction out of the fact that 99% of my power plant has DI all over it. I think he built me a helluva motor.

Yes, I will be going to 400/400's for racing. That should put me in the mid to upper 700's with the compounds. I'll just have to swap injectors and chips for all out racing.

Who's 400s you running? I think your going to be sadly upset when you get your truck done an put it on a Dyno.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
What?! Well if it has a WW2 it's possible, right?

I mean, my stage 2's are flowing like 180cc's and I have a brand new T500!

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
What?! Well if it has a WW2 it's possible, right?

I mean, my stage 2's are flowing like 180cc's and I have a brand new T500!

I once dynoed something stupid like 540rwhp and then made 3 runs that trapped between 128.3 and 128.98

then you see high dyno numbers and slower trap speeds.

My idea of real power is comparing or measuring the mph gain from the 1/8 mile to the 1/4 mile.
Most trucks will hit OD right at the 1/8 mile marker so you are basically taking away ALL gear multiplication and running on pure power alone.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I agree, but I'm no drag racer, so I'd most likely be leaving power on the table.

Wayne

Reaction score

Something tells me you'll need a bit more than an SRP1 to hang on to those 400/400's :poke: Bring that thing to Ennis with those 400/400's, and a big shiny bottle, to put on a show for us :naughty: Hoping to see snow white there too.

David: do you mind telling us any of the mods done to the drivetrain going in there? I'm talking reliability & support like block fill, girdle, rods, pumps, fuel supply, cryo, etc. if you don't mind. You can keep all the injector & turbo sizing a secret for all I care. I just want to see the reliability & support list to get an idea of how far you'll dare push it without a major risk of scattering parts.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Something tells me you'll need a bit more than an SRP1 to hang on to those 400/400's :poke: Bring that thing to Ennis with those 400/400's, and a big shiny bottle, to put on a show for us :naughty: Hoping to see snow white there too.

David: do you mind telling us any of the mods done to the drivetrain going in there? I'm talking reliability & support like block fill, girdle, rods, pumps, fuel supply, cryo, etc. if you don't mind. You can keep all the injector & turbo sizing a secret for all I care. I just want to see the reliability & support list to get an idea of how far you'll dare push it without a major risk of scattering parts.

Engine is standard bore/sleeved, Crowers, ceramic coated mahle pistons with standard uncut bowls, coated bearings, DI 4 bolt main girdle, Balanced, ATI damper, DI Cam, ported heads, A1 studs, factory head gaskets, headers, GTX4202 with 1.0 Tial SS housing, Swamps 400/400's, Terminator duel pumps, DI RR kit, Fuelab pump. That pretty much covers it, I got nothing to hide and am willing to share anything I learn.

Latest posts

Members online