Snow White Resurrection

imelmo

Reaction score
Engine is standard bore/sleeved, Crowers, ceramic coated mahle pistons with standard uncut bowls, coated bearings, DI 4 bolt main girdle, Balanced, ATI damper, DI Cam, ported heads, A1 studs, factory head gaskets, headers, GTX4202 with 1.0 Tial SS housing, Swamps 400/400's, Terminator duel pumps, DI RR kit, Fuelab pump. That pretty much covers it, I got nothing to hide and am willing to share anything I learn.

Are the heads coated too like the orange truck was?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
got ya, never seen it up close and personal. so why not machine the lip first?

live life full throttle

Doubt David machinined the bowls out. Usually that is done prior to coating. Ultimately it comes down to builder preference and what you are going to be doing with the setup. David wants to go after fuel only passes so cutting compression wouldn't be to his advantage, IMO.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I once dynoed something stupid like 540rwhp and then made 3 runs that trapped between 128.3 and 128.98

then you see high dyno numbers and slower trap speeds.

My idea of real power is comparing or measuring the mph gain from the 1/8 mile to the 1/4 mile.
Most trucks will hit OD right at the 1/8 mile marker so you are basically taking away ALL gear multiplication and running on pure power alone.

26-27 mph like a boss!

DocBar

Reaction score
I'm a long way from embarrassing anybody. I'll be racing in my crew cab for a little while. That thing is 7,500# so it can't be too fast. The 78 will take a good solid year of racing to really get dialed in. It'll be a while before I'm a contender.
I hear ya. I was just running my mouth. Mine weighs in at over 8200 #'s.

DocBar

Reaction score
Who's 400s you running? I think your going to be sadly upset when you get your truck done an put it on a Dyno.

Something tells me you'll need a bit more than an SRP1 to hang on to those 400/400's :poke: Bring that thing to Ennis with those 400/400's, and a big shiny bottle, to put on a show for us :naughty: Hoping to see snow white there too.

David: do you mind telling us any of the mods done to the drivetrain going in there? I'm talking reliability & support like block fill, girdle, rods, pumps, fuel supply, cryo, etc. if you don't mind. You can keep all the injector & turbo sizing a secret for all I care. I just want to see the reliability & support list to get an idea of how far you'll dare push it without a major risk of scattering parts.
I'm going to compounds this fall and have a Gen3 going in. Hopefully that will take care of the air and HP oil side of things. I have a set of FFD 400/200's going into the truck with the compounds and sending in the 250/100's to get turned into 400/400's.

BTW, I was just talking trash on the earlier post. I have ~8200#'s of truck right now. It ain't going "fast" any time soon.

Wayne

Reaction score
I can definitely relate on the weight situation. Mine tips the scales at about 8650 with a full tank of fuel. I can probably diet it down to about 8200 race weight, maybe even 8000 without going crazy, but that's still a lot of truck. If I can get it near where a roll bar is justified I'll feel good about the situation, but it sure is cool to see these little trucks designed for the 1/4 out beating on the competition.

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
You can reduce weight Doc. I got my CCSB down to 7500# with me in it. That's pulling the skid plates, rear hitch rear seat, passenger seat, and spare tire. I had a B&W in the bed I could have taken out. If I could I would take it down to 7,000#. There's just nothing else to take out though. LOL

DocBar

Reaction score
You can reduce weight Doc. I got my CCSB down to 7500# with me in it. That's pulling the skid plates, rear hitch rear seat, passenger seat, and spare tire. I had a B&W in the bed I could have taken out. If I could I would take it down to 7,000#. There's just nothing else to take out though. LOL
I could get it down to 7500# by taking out the tool box, the 5th wheel hitch and taking off the ranch hand. That has be to around 700 pounds.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
If you are truly dedicated you can shave another 1000+ lbs off of that Vander.... There is a Superduty crew cab long bed here in the COTPC pulling circuit that weighs something like 6200 or 6500 lbs with no weight - I'll also note that it is a Cummins equipped truck. But that is with full pulling and safety equipment ie a real hitch, front and rear traction bars, weight bar, driveshaft loops front and rear, air shutoff, etc....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.