so how many of you have it?

yeehaw

Reaction score
it is normal for them to have that "wet" spot on the bell housing because of the lube they used to put in the rear main seal seeps out, supposedly, i read something on it in the stupid napa training

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Haha so does mine...
Ive looked it over several times, its nothing major. I have yet to wash it all off and track it down

My driveway is beginning to look like a diesel murder scene :mad:

It drives me crazy. I bought some degreaser to clean it and track it down, but when the weather is decent, I have to work.

bad moose

Reaction score
I gave up on finding mine. It seems to come and go, but never leaves anything on the ground yet. It just pisses me off at every oil change.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I never used to have any leaks..I switched to T6 and now I have seepage around my oil pan :doh:

Nothing else though..knock on wood. My 02 was a little biotch when it came to oil leaks...took almost a year to get them all taken care of...what a pain that was.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I had the bell housing drip. I'd have to look back at my warranty repair slips, but I think mine was a crank position sensor o-ring.

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
I have the drip too. Im also missing 2 oil pan bolts and the motor has never been removed. I guess they fell out somehow.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I was told by a very good tech at Ford that checking all the bolts on the pan from time to time was a necessity with these engines. I had 3 that were starting to loosen up at 42,000 miles. I'm at 54,000 now and haven't had any get loose again, but I check them everytime I change the oil.

BTW, It was the o-ring on the cam sensor that was causing the leak on my truck. I haven't had any oil in a year and over 10,000 miles since the o-ring was replaced. If anyone wants to see the invoice with the part numbers I can e-mail it to you. I would think that at least some of you could stop this leak by replacing this o-ring. I also think that it could be a leaking turbo drain for some, but the o-ring would be a cheap fix if that was the problem.

yeehaw

Reaction score
mine wasn't that bad, i sanded it down some and sprayed some rust treatment from permatex on it. But it is also gettin traded in next week so it will be someone else's problem

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
mine wasn't that bad, i sanded it down some and sprayed some rust treatment from permatex on it. But it is also gettin traded in next week so it will be someone else's problem
What are you replacing it with? Not trying to be nosy, but your truck is sweet and I'm just curious what your next project will be.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I don't miss the leaks at all. My 450 leaked pretty bad, drain/return on the Turbo. My 6.4 hasn't dripped at all. I hope it stays that way

Latest posts

Members online