so how many of you have it?

bad moose

Reaction score
so where is the cam position sensor? my drip is getting a little worse so I'm thinking it's an oring somewhere....

Left side towards the front of the engine. Right above bedplate. That one is the easy one. I would also do the crank sensor also. That one is behind the a/c compressor on the right side of the engine.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
so where is the cam position sensor? my drip is getting a little worse so I'm thinking it's an oring somewhere....

The cam position sensor is on the left side of the motor (right side if you are standing in front of the truck facing the motor with the hood open). Follow the lower radiator hose to where it goes into the front cover and look behind that. If you look there, you will find it. One of the o-rings is known to tear and a slow, annoying oil leak can happen. After a long time of leaking and making the bottom of the motor look like crap it can be mistaken for a bedplate leak. If you go get the small 8mm bolt that holds the sensor into the motor out and the sensor slides out super easy then the o ring is most likely torn.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Left side towards the front of the engine. Right above bedplate. That one is the easy one. I would also do the crank sensor also. That one is behind the a/c compressor on the right side of the engine.

Crao I didn't even know there was another page and you beat me to it haha!

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Yea mine has been leaking pretty bad lately. A buddy was looking and thought my front main was leakin. David at DI said the bed plate was leaking.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

dasboot

Reaction score
I notice mine has the bell housing drip too. The funny thing I could not see any sign of oil running down to the drip. I will have to clean it off and keep an eye on it.

bad moose

Reaction score
Follow the sensors. The oil tracks along the top of the pan back and looks like it is a bellhousing leak. (air currents) I looked at the top of the engine for hours at all the common places up top with a snake cam before I figured out it was comming from down low.

Atsah

Reaction score
So the moral of the story is most of us have the same annoying oil leak... LOL

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
welp....finally looked into it. cracks in the CAC boot were leaking like a sieve. put a new boot and clamps on so that should be it.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
my truck doesn't leak oil........... it marks it's territory!! LOL

Poor truck LOL! It's still holding up pretty well tho right? If so, you could be proof or the poster child of the fact the 6.0 is better than it was made out to be by the masses LOL. You need "If you ain't first, you're last!" or "I live my life one 1/4 mile at a time" somewhere on it LOL.

Sprman

Reaction score
Poor truck LOL! It's still holding up pretty well tho right? If so, you could be proof or the poster child of the fact the 6.0 is better than it was made out to be by the masses LOL. You need "If you ain't first, you're last!" or "I live my life one 1/4 mile at a time" somewhere on it LOL.

Yea, it's still holding up great. Replaced the batteries and all is good from the little electrical issue i had. Poor thing doesn't get driven very much lately though now that hunting season is over.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Yea, it's still holding up great. Replaced the batteries and all is good from the little electrical issue i had. Poor thing doesn't get driven very much lately though now that hunting season is over.

Thats good that you got that little issue squared away. Since it doesn't get driven very much now, I imagine it gets punished when you are behind the wheel haha.

Latest posts

Members online