Something's not right

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I was coming into town tonight, and my buddy was following me in his dads 2012 6.7 and he passed me like I was standing still in my 2011 with the 80hp spartan off road tune. Wtf!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I was coming into town tonight, and my buddy was following me in his dads 2012 6.7 and he passed me like I was standing still in my 2011 with the 80hp spartan off road tune. Wtf!?

trans ?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
You have to have a certain delete kit to run spartan tunes. If you use other brands that disconnect that plug, your truck will be limp

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Wastegate? Maybe its opening to soon. See if this file works its how to adjust it.

Attachments

• 67WastegateAdjustment.pdf
    995 KB · Views: 141

Ford_tough

Reaction score
Are those the specs you tighten it too in that file? Or should you go a little tighter since we're running more boost? I run the war hammer but I think I may have the same problem, I've seen all the way up to 38 psi I believe but then I backs down quite a bit & I can't remember what it is in high rpm, maybe 30?. Sometimes it feels it pulls strong & sometimes it just feels like its making noise lol. I don't know maybe I just used to it now

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I was told by a tuning company to just tighten mine 2 turns to take care of the turbo surging issues, but it didnt help my problem. I just kept the file around just in case if its opening to early I would think tightening it would help. But I am no expert by any means

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Are those the specs you tighten it too in that file? Or should you go a little tighter since we're running more boost? I run the war hammer but I think I may have the same problem, I've seen all the way up to 38 psi I believe but then I backs down quite a bit & I can't remember what it is in high rpm, maybe 30?. Sometimes it feels it pulls strong & sometimes it just feels like its making noise lol. I don't know maybe I just used to it now

I thought the same thing. I usually run the 165, but my trucks been on and off the trailer so much I've just left it on 80. I though I was just used to it, now bone stock trucks r Rollin past me no prob

Ford_tough

Reaction score
I was told by a tuning company to just tighten mine 2 turns to take care of the turbo surging issues, but it didnt help my problem. I just kept the file around just in case if its opening to early I would think tightening it would help. But I am no expert by any means

Yea I understand, this is my first diesel so I'm just learning as I go but all has been well for me so far. I haven't had any turbo surge or anything & I know at like 2000 to 2500 it'll hold high boost but after that it just kinda falls off. & to Purdue, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that! It may just be the 100 degree heat here lately making it not so strong? Cause early I did like a 30 to 50 roll & it just felt bland

Ford_tough

Reaction score
Yea I do, but let me try to find the page for you. You have to install the dashdaq drivers then erase your dashdaq & there will be a list of things you have to select & boost is one of them.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I'm telling you... It's your EGR delete kit.... Same exact thing happened to me. Only made boost to 20. Had to look at all my EGR connectors and plug then back in. Then re load the file

Latest posts