Something's not right

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
The turbo is designed for the stock power, and that is it.
Once the egr is deleted the second wastegate on an f250/350 is deleted and the only wastegate on the 450/550 miles is gone.

You guys are pumping way too much air through them and the exhaust is much too restrictive.

If you guys replaced the egr pipe with another wastegate maybe that would help.
A secondary wastegate for example

Do you talk to all of your customers or fellow diesl truck owners like this, or am I just special.

Or is PSA a place where new idea's are prospered by a select few vendors and forced onto the masses?

Do you as a vendor feel or assume other users are not intelligent and knowledgeable enough to engage in a quality and productive discussion of upgrades and modifications?

For a site to remain a credible source for information and idea's; transparency and diversity is of the utmost importance.

So you have a new idea that is different STFU is not truly an acceptable response to the OP's topic of "somethings not right"
However ironically the topic may contain an eerie parody as to the objectiveness of the information and content being driven on the site itself!

FWIW I do find allot of value in the content of the site or I would not be here.
I am just stating my opinion on how certain members could be open to different viewpoints.

I don't know you at all, but just from reading this I would assume you think your intelligence level runs higher than the others in this thread. The two parts I bolded are examples of what I mean. Your first post stated something that most users are capable of deducing, you then conclude it with a blanket statement that once again most users know. You then fire back at bigr with a statement that says he assumes users are unintelligent, which I felt your original post did more of than any of his in this thread. I usually remain impartial to conflict on the internet and graze over it, but I found your response amusing considering my take of your original post.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I don't know you at all, but just from reading this I would assume you think your intelligence level runs higher than the others in this thread. The two parts I bolded are examples of what I mean. Your first post stated something that most users are capable of deducing, you then conclude it with a blanket statement that once again most users know. You then fire back at bigr with a statement that says he assumes users are unintelligent, which I felt your original post did more of than any of his in this thread. I usually remain impartial to conflict on the internet and graze over it, but I found your response amusing considering my take of your original post.

I would like to apologize to the all members if they feel I was condensending in tone. I was stating that I feel good information is not being posted due to other members that are more involved ridiculing new idea's. I do think this forum is full of intelligent members who would enjoy being able to discuss their ideas in a less hostile enviroment.

I do have a lot of hands on knowledge of these turbo's as state in other post.

However this topic is as simple as a member asking for guidenance and a vendor stating:

well just to give you an idea, the turbo is at 180,000 rpm at 32 psi ... thats WAY too high. i believe it pegs the turbo rpm gauge at 200k at 35 psi .... cazy turd of a turbo .

The vendor stated yes there was a problem but instead of discussing a solution he just stated the "turbo was a turd".

He did however agree that the turbo was being fed too much exhaust and drive pressure.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I would like to apologize to the all members if they feel I was condensending in tone. I was stating that I feel good information is not being posted due to other members that are more involved ridiculing new idea's. I do think this forum is full of intelligent members who would enjoy being able to discuss their ideas in a less hostile enviroment.

I do have a lot of hands on knowledge of these turbo's as state in other post.

However this topic is as simple as a member asking for guidenance and a vendor stating:

The vendor stated yes there was a problem but instead of discussing a solution he just stated the "turbo was a turd".

He did however agree that the turbo was being fed too much exhaust and drive pressure.

I didn't agree to anything. Many reasons a turbo can be oversped. Tell me why this one is. And don't tell me about your ground breaking wastegate idea that was done years ago.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I didn't agree to anything. Many reasons a turbo can be oversped. Tell me why this one is. And don't tell me about your ground breaking wastegate idea that was done years ago.

Correct all of my idea's are very traditional in nature.
They just have not been applied to the 6.7 Powerstroke.

In fact you have helped to state my point. If it is tried and true why is it not an acceptable solution in this application.

Wastegating an oversped turbo is a common solution for a common problem.

Like i said initially I am not into r and d I just repair trucks for a living and the textbook solution to this issue may be as simple as added wastegate.

You told me to STFU.

I have never said any of my idea's are groundbreaking, or that I am smarter than the next guy.
My first "IDEA" has turned out to be a very effective solution.

Big-P is the wastegate a viable solution to prevent turbo overspeeding in this application?

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Also Big-P please educate me on reasons a turbo can overspeed, other than excessive drive pressure and turbine flow.
A boost leak is not applicable here because we know that is not the failure on these turbo's.
Thank You

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I have a better idea. We get back on topic and help this guy figure out why his truck is slower than it was in stock form. Hopefully he is not responding bc he found that plug and all is well.

I don't really have an issue with your ideas or you posting about them... But every thread you enter turns into a debate and I'm just trying to help this guy figure out his problem! Lol
Good day gentlemen.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I have a better idea. We get back on topic and help this guy figure out why his truck is slower than it was in stock form. Hopefully he is not responding bc he found that plug and all is well.

I don't really have an issue with your ideas or you posting about them... But every thread you enter turns into a debate and I'm just trying to help this guy figure out his problem! Lol
Good day gentlemen.

Thank you. Lol. Is it the one from step 16 in the h&s manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

Good day gentlemen.

agreed, but damn this genius makes it tough not to swing.

Lmao....big p

he's big-d !

Thank you. Lol. Is it the one from step 16 in the h&s manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry for mucking up your thread, but i found it pretty rude for him to interject with his sales pitch for a gate on the stock turbo. my apologies.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok sorry to get sidetracked. I agree lets get this truck fixed!!!

Hopefully "Big-p" can get me my info in the secondary wastegate thread.

Good luck with the truck op

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
sorry for mucking up your thread, but i found it pretty rude for him to interject with his sales pitch for a gate on the stock turbo. my apologies.

I am not selling anything, and the wastegate is a legitimate suggestion on how to fix his problem.

Hopefully it was the simple plug in that 4everboosted suggested.

swinky

Reaction score
I am not selling anything, and the wastegate is a legitimate suggestion on how to fix his problem.

Hopefully it was the simple plug in that 4everboosted suggested.

Why would 6.7s without the fancy wastegate be faster than his?

Latest posts

Members online