Spooling s366

Strokethis213

Reaction score
How about try taking off lift and tires lol that is killing u for a non vgt setup. I think anyways - I could be wrong though

Don't get me wrong I know it would help but personally a fan of the lifted truck. With that being said I'd like to do everything else weather it's a new pump injectors whatever it runs great for the nozzles being so small it builds 42ish psi boost just would like the low end response with less smoke cause it smokes BAD right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I know it would help but personally a fan of the lifted truck. With that being said I'd like to do everything else weather it's a new pump injectors whatever it runs great for the nozzles being so small it builds 42ish psi boost just would like the low end response with less smoke cause it smokes BAD right now

First thing I would do is get some GH tunes.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Anything in the airflow path will help... but the gains will be small. You can upgrade your intercooler, ported intake manifold, upgraded intake elbow, upgraded exhaust manifolds, cam, etc... I am assuming you are running a t4 kit? Right?

If it is a box s366 then you could upgrade to one of the fmw or sxe turbos.

Before switching injectors, turbo, or cam... I would definitely try a couple different tunes. I have been working with a lot of Non-vgt guys and TSD tuning and they have all been very impressed. Most stated they were the BEST TUNES they had ever run... but every truck is different and people prefer different tunes.

swinky

Reaction score
Intercoolers are very underrated imo. I dropped .15 in the 1/4 with just an ic swap. If you have a truck with high miles and the crank case vent has been hooked up its hole life there's gains to be made with an IC.

I have a friend that was running tsd tunes and when he realized my 66 spooled quicker than his 62 he made the switch

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Anything in the airflow path will help... but the gains will be small. You can upgrade your intercooler, ported intake manifold, upgraded intake elbow, upgraded exhaust manifolds, cam, etc... I am assuming you are running a t4 kit? Right?

If it is a box s366 then you could upgrade to one of the fmw or sxe turbos.

Before switching injectors, turbo, or cam... I would definitely try a couple different tunes. I have been working with a lot of Non-vgt guys and TSD tuning and they have all been very impressed. Most stated they were the BEST TUNES they had ever run... but every truck is different and people prefer different tunes.

Yes I am running the t4 kit. What's the difference between the sxe and fmw? I am going to try different tunes from both guys and see what works better.

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Intercoolers are very underrated imo. I dropped .15 in the 1/4 with just an ic swap. If you have a truck with high miles and the crank case vent has been hooked up its hole life there's gains to be made with an IC.

I have a friend that was running tsd tunes and when he realized my 66 spooled quicker than his 62 he made the switch

Truck has 144k the vent has been hooked up for all its Life until about 500 miles ago

CLedford788

Reaction score
Bump the shift points up and take the overdrive off and have the tow haul button option included in the tuning just like Swinky said.. Made a night and day difference in mine. I run a s366 with 225/100. Spools like a stock turbo. I run the SPD tunes.

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Bump the shift points up and take the overdrive off and have the tow haul button option included in the tuning just like Swinky said.. Made a night and day difference in mine. I run a s366 with 225/100. Spools like a stock turbo. I run the SPD tunes.

What will that do with the tow haul? Are you running stock hpop with the 225/100s

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
Ask the tuner to lock out over drive when the tow/haul button is engaged. It will help you with drivability at highway speeds when you get under the turbo..

swinky

Reaction score
Ask the tuner to lock out over drive when the tow/haul button is engaged. It will help you with drivability at highway speeds when you get under the turbo..
It's insanely useful. Hitting that button at 75mph makes for some fun runs as well.

Dieselmore

Reaction score
Yes I am running the t4 kit. What's the difference between the sxe and fmw? I am going to try different tunes from both guys and see what works better.

Fmw is forged milled wheel "aka billet"
Sxe is borgwarner new line of turbos. All Sxe turbos have a fmw compressor wheel and 360 deg thrust bearing.
I believe the Sxe 66 flows 8lbs/min more than the old box 66.

CLedford788

Reaction score
The button lets you shift between 5th and 6th and lets you keep the rpms where you need them if you are running at say 70mph. I do run a stock hpop with these injectors and have a 6in lift with 37" tires and can still haul ass with this setup. It all comes down to getting the tuning right. Moving the shift points will also help daily driving and with some of the lag. Before I got mine adjusted it was a laggy smoky mess and hard to keep the turbo where it needed to be. Now it spools like a stock turbo with almost no lag and very little smoke.

Last edited:

Strokethis213

Reaction score
The button lets you shift between 5th and 6th and lets you keep the rpms where you need them if you are running at say 70mph. I do run a stock hpop with these injectors and have a 6in lift with 37" tires and can still haul ass with this setup. It all comes down to getting the tuning right. Moving the shift points will also help daily driving and with some of the lag. Before I got mine adjusted it was a laggy smoky mess and hard to keep the turbo where it needed to be. Now it spools like a stock turbo with almost no lag and very little smoke.

Yea I really need to get this tune figured out also gonna pick up some 225s or 205s the truck runs good but I feel like it has so much more in it I don't daily drive it just on the weekend/road trips or the track

Chatham036

Reaction score
I have run Gerhead tunes on my truck with early lock up. I really liked the transmission more than most.

I have since switched back to the 140x to have a 'normal' lock up in 6th.

Chatham036

Reaction score
Also, I run a s366SX-E with a Colt Stage 1 Cam.

My truck runs pretty well with the setup. Should have gone with a stage 2 or 3 though

Latest posts

Members online