SRP1.1 strikes again

m j

Reaction score
stock pumps do spit the back cover out. so do t500s etc. if you use the search function you can find them.
as to why? I dunno maybe it has something to do with the added displacement maintaining more pressure.

links, first one is reman, second is T500.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3-motor-problems/285449-hpop-blow-out.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/94-98-7-3l-performance-parts/273145-hpop-blow-out.html

I have images from the forum of an adrenalin eating a spring but seeing as most of you cant/wont open a dead pump there is not too many images of the inside of an HPOP

why open it? simple, it takes maybe 20 minutes and only costs a gasket, an Oring and a seal on a running pump, to find out what actually happened and nothing to find out what actually broke.
your way takes weeks or months apparently and you never get to know what happened.

if 300 people provide data to the thousands of minds on the forum you are more likely to find the answer to what the issue is and discover if it is solvable.
if it is a different spring that needs to be used then lets replace the springs and move on.
please point out the downside to that idea.

right now we have no data

currently the forums have you, a guy who is incapable of wrenching, running his mouth.
so far that has achieved what? no efforts are being made to fix the issue.

now the only option is dual pump kits at least double the cost,
availability somewhat iffy depending on which way you want to throw your $2g+
or apparently unsolved stalling and idle issues with the gen3 style.

I am not BSing when I say I will buy some of the srp1.1 cores as I want the data and spare parts, if nothing else, to keep my truck on the road until a real solution arrives.
I have a 17° core I will swap right now if you would rather a core then cash.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have no issue with what you said YOU want to do. Have at it. You can start a business on the forums selling parts to fix srp pumps.

I do have a few issues with your approach. Slinging insults at me is bs. Plain and simple. You dont know anything about what, why, and if I wrench on things. So quit being a ***kin dipshti and stick to the topic. You notice I didnt insult you when you didnt do it first? That goes a long way towards the constructive idea you blubber about. Im all for it but when you just have to get a dig in when on this subject you make yourself look like a fool with an agenda. If you think I have one, you are right, im letting people know that these things failing isnt uncommon. As you can see its common. Thats it. Beyond that, I dont care.

Just because you want to "save" all the pumps doesnt mean everybody else is in line with that. As I told you before there are other things that have absolutely nothing to do with the spring you keep bringing up. You're focused on one failure point and beating the dead horse in doing so. That is NOT what is causing the "no hot start" issue. Because you have searched yourself into internet diesel expert status in the two years you've owned a clapped out obs doesnt mean shti to 90% of the people coming here for info. As I said before, your intense desire to save a product in a long list of products that failed miserably, is admirable, but its pointless. When the guy is too lazy to fix his own ***kups and closes the doors in light of it you have to question whether the solution is as simple as you keep harping.

My last point mj is one you need to.really think about as you are pissing with me and I really couldnt care less but for all this Robin Hood bs you are pulling over here about this pump, trying to appear intelligent is nothing but forum hero bs. And before you get your panties in a wad and go have a celebration speech on psn think about what you've said and your "lets just handle it attitude". I usually condone that attitude but you're a goddamn fraud. You have been attacking people that say anything bad about the pump. Fine. Your opinion. But when you then try to wax constructive after that to avoid looking like every other dewsh that has pulled the same tired act time and time again, you need to make sure you are actively practicing what you preach. You dont or you'd have a "I can fix any srp pump" thread. You just yesterday commented "I think all the parts are oem" in regard to failures. If this was truly your goal, you'd know. But you are just trolling for your psn ego. If you really werent just being a trouble maker asshloe, you'd have cores already. I even told you where you could get some. Yet you didnt. Not to mention, the freewill you have to call any vendor on either forum who undoubtedly has cores you could flex your "ill buy cores", tired ass schpeel on. But you have NOT. So you bloviate about how you're so ***kin clever and mechanically inclined and you trash everyone as incompetent or chicken when they don't share your desire to rip open a pump that should be recalled or in some group form asked to be sent back.

My suggestion to you is instead of trolling these threads and using your own personal justifications for being a dipshti about this, get to work.

You've been coddling Gary over this subject for four months since our first interaction, how many pumps have you acquired and torn apart. None? Why? Because you're running your mouth. Plain and simple. Someone with half your claimed knowledge should have been able to amend this issue in a week of buying your first crashed pump. Which you should have actively searched for and found four months ago. Yet when a pump fails, you come in the thread and open your mouth about how anyone who had a pump fail is not a real mechanic but yet in the month leading up to it you didnt make an inch of headway since your last post detailing how easy it is to fix. Every thread. Which you claim is your issue.

You have made zero progress. You're the dunce. You're the one running YOUR mouth. Im reinforcing the becoming, well known idea that these pumps are garbage. God forbid your mouth on Garys pecker is the only summary of the pumps reputation.

Take your silly green hat off robin hood. Its not the customers job to engineer solutions for the producer. If you want to, which you obviously do NOT, have at it. But dont be critical of me because I work 70 hours a week and dont feel its my job to figure out why a pump lasted 3500 miles. Thats why I paid Stealth to build me one for a grand.

Seriously, get to work. The balls in your court numbnuts. Its obvious who.you really are. You're a fraud too.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont want a 17° core. I did NOT say I need a core. I did not say anything other than nobody in the pump side of this business wants the srp when there is a core charge. Do you understand that? Please tell me you understand that the different fittings on the srp make it typicaly unsuitable for a core. Joey said he doesnt care. He can work around them.

God blessed mj, listen. Ive explained that and thought it was obvious why. I dont need or want a core. I have a 15° pump I could use for a core. I picked up a 17 a week ago.

psduser1

Reaction score
Is there some secret love between you and mj, tycorr?

J/k, lol. I think the attraction is on his end.

m j

Reaction score
LoL.
odd you accuse me of being in these threads, when you are in everyone of them and have no fawking clue what failed in your own pump.
how do you know the springs arent the hot start issue? have you measured your or any pump with a hot start issue to prove that it is an out of tolerance issue?

I have not had a single failed srp1.1 to tear apart as mine works fine so far and not a single person has tried to take me up on the core purchase offers.
I did tear mine apart to see if there was any evidence of it failing and put it back in service on my daily driver in part due to your constant claims they fail in a short time.
I also pulled apart a stock 17° to compare, so that is two more then you believed I have

which also leads to why I have looked back at your posts only to discover your complete lack of diesel knowledge. turbo boosting while free reving for instance.
you make excuses why you cant spend 20 minutes opening the dead pump to see what failed.
I worked a lot more then 70hrs the last few weeks.

if you have info on another failure point on these pumps post of link to some evidence cause I am all ears and have a vested interest in it right up until I spend the $$ to step up to a dual setup

anyone can work around the fitting size as it is not uncommon and the fittings required are generally on the pump core. for an OBS or anyone that has swapped out the STC fittings for normal JIC this is a non issue entirely.
I am not sure why ford went to an odd STC rather then a common JIC

http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@hyd/documents/content/pll_2498.pdf

that link will get you info on the connectors. looks like pn FF3042-0806S

ps- ask your wife how to spell 'douche' if you want to use the word as an insult.

m j

Reaction score
Is there some secret love between you and mj, tycorr?

J/k, lol. I think the attraction is on his end.

no love here, I just tire of someone that doesnt have the slightest clue going on and on
add that to I wasted a bunch of time misdiagnosing my truck issue in part due to his smear propaganda campaign that could have been directed in a more useful direction

psduser1

Reaction score
no love here, I just tire of someone that doesnt have the slightest clue going on and on
add that to I wasted a bunch of time misdiagnosing my truck issue in part due to his smear propaganda campaign that could have been directed in a more useful direction

You both have some valid points....
I personally don't give two shifts, pick your horse and ride it. If you think you can fix garry's "mistakes", more power to you. Don't discuss it again till you've got a "fix", with picture, graph, or something to back up your claim. Post a thread in the wtb forum, and find a fkn pump.
Personally, my pump is working. I'll keep an eye on it, after these threads. Sa la vie

m j

Reaction score
pretty hard to fix the perception that a lifetime warrantee that was only good for 6 months if you returned a registration card within 30 days before it changed to costing $250 did not mean a free pump replacement for life.

like you, I need to have a 'failure' before I find a 'fix'.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You both have some valid points....
I personally don't give two shifts, pick your horse and ride it. If you think you can fix garry's "mistakes", more power to you. Don't discuss it again till you've got a "fix", with picture, graph, or something to back up your claim. Post a thread in the wtb forum, and find a fkn pump.
Personally, my pump is working. I'll keep an eye on it, after these threads. Sa la vie

Thats my whole point to him. Yet he doesnt do.a damn thing about it.

How I misled him is on his end. I actually did screw up though. I checked the pump last even though it was obvious, in hindsight, that it was the issue the whole time. Other than that, he literally has no clue what he talking about.

Its not my job or concern to tear apart Garys ***kups. End of story.

Mj needs to put up or shutup. Notice he wants my pump? To try to prove something apparently.

He could easily have put this to bed but his admissions arent his true agenda. Whatever. Maybe someday he'll get the chance to ask me face to face. Until then I am done engaging him on here. He'll never actively get a failed pump to "prove" his point so dont sit too tight.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I want ANY failed srp1.1 I dont care if its yours

Ummm, call vendors. Start a thread in the classifieds. Both suggested many times. Which you havent done. Kinda makes you look pretty unserious about what you claim to want.

My pump failed. Just as, and in the same manner as mattmans did. Just as jake @irates did. Just like the five or so people locally that have them that brought them to me when the trucks were dying hot. They all.acted the same. There are some.common issues that are manifesting in trucks running the pumps. If you get a truck hot and it dies with an srp and then swap a used stocker in and all the issues leave with the pump. Its not fairly good proof. Its solid proof. I did not misdiagnose that contrary to your claims. And your feeble attempts at discrediting me.

If your argument was solid and sincere you'd have wrecked pumps and you wouldnt need to drag me into your part of the drama.

You really are making yourself appear dishonest with your lack of action on this.

My point was that people arent always wrong in diagnosis that these pumps fail. That was it. Im not wrong. By any measure.

Your point goes unproven and unsubstantiated. Bravo.

dsberman94

Reaction score
stock pumps do spit the back cover out. so do t500s etc. if you use the search function you can find them.
as to why? I dunno maybe it has something to do with the added displacement maintaining more pressure.

links, first one is reman, second is T500.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3-motor-problems/285449-hpop-blow-out.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/94-98-7-3l-performance-parts/273145-hpop-blow-out.html

I have images from the forum of an adrenalin eating a spring but seeing as most of you cant/wont open a dead pump there is not too many images of the inside of an HPOP

why open it? simple, it takes maybe 20 minutes and only costs a gasket, an Oring and a seal on a running pump, to find out what actually happened and nothing to find out what actually broke.
your way takes weeks or months apparently and you never get to know what happened.

if 300 people provide data to the thousands of minds on the forum you are more likely to find the answer to what the issue is and discover if it is solvable.
if it is a different spring that needs to be used then lets replace the springs and move on.
please point out the downside to that idea.

right now we have no data

currently the forums have you, a guy who is incapable of wrenching, running his mouth.
so far that has achieved what? no efforts are being made to fix the issue.

now the only option is dual pump kits at least double the cost,
availability somewhat iffy depending on which way you want to throw your $2g+
or apparently unsolved stalling and idle issues with the gen3 style.

I am not BSing when I say I will buy some of the srp1.1 cores as I want the data and spare parts, if nothing else, to keep my truck on the road until a real solution arrives.
I have a 17° core I will swap right now if you would rather a core then cash.

Stock pumps and t500s spit the back cover off how often. Stock pumps spit them out after a couple hundred thousand miles, not 5000.

So you found 1 each of a stock pump and a t500 breaking. And one instance of an adrenaline eating a spring. Find an equal amount of all three combined as there are about the stealth pumps. Bet you can't.

Why should anyone open the pump. It's not their job to open the pump. Why should we care what broke. You seem to care so much though. I've been reading these threads with you saying you're going to take them apart and figure it out yourself for months now. I'm still waiting to hear what went wrong with them. Which not to mention, the customer opening the pump is probably going to void whatever warranty it's currently got before its sent back.

Why should a customer have to rebuild a pump every few thousand miles so that their truck runs like it should? Why can't the builder build it right the first time?

Currently the forums have you, a guy who constantly backs a failed company because you're lucky enough to get a pump that's actually working, for now. But even if yours did break, you wouldn't admit it. So since you still haven't taken some sort of an initiative to find your own solution or to find what actually goes wrong, I am asking anyone with a POS stealth pump to pm you asking for your address and to send you their garbage out of the scrap pile. No excuses for not eventually getting one now. I'm sure someone has one for you.

But when tycorr changed every single part that could have been wrong with the oil system and nothing fixed it except changing out the oil pump, that only points to one thing. He could put every one of the old parts back on and it would run the same as it does with all the new sensors in it with the pump that's in it now.

Your just so oblivious to what's right in front of your face that you won't take the facts and believe it. Get your junk pump, tear it apart, realize everyone has been right, and move the hell on.

Reaction score
Steering well clear of the one on one arguement here.... I just has a 200,000 mile stock 15 degree pump blow the rear cover and snap ring completely out. Dead in the middle of a narrow road, tow truck got lost and took 2 hours to go get my wife. I was blaming myself since I pulled the back cover off the pump 10 years ago and put a new oring on it, looked like the snap ring might have had a better bite facing the other way. Chip was set to race and about maxed in 3rd gear when it blew. Maybe even a 15 degree can blow the snap ring under extreme ICP?

m j

Reaction score
Steering well clear of the one on one arguement here.... I just has a 200,000 mile stock 15 degree pump blow the rear cover and snap ring completely out. Dead in the middle of a narrow road, tow truck got lost and took 2 hours to go get my wife. I was blaming myself since I pulled the back cover off the pump 10 years ago and put a new oring on it, looked like the snap ring might have had a better bite facing the other way. Chip was set to race and about maxed in 3rd gear when it blew. Maybe even a 15 degree can blow the snap ring under extreme ICP?

so your 15° must be an srp1.1

dsberman94

Reaction score
^So you must still be retarded. Still going on about this. And by the way... HIS STOCK PUMP HAD 200K MILES ON IT. NOT UNDER 50K!!!!

m j

Reaction score
Stock pumps and t500s spit the back cover off how often. Stock pumps spit them out after a couple hundred thousand miles, not 5000.

So you found 1 each of a stock pump and a t500 breaking. And one instance of an adrenaline eating a spring. Find an equal amount of all three combined as there are about the stealth pumps. Bet you can't.

Why should anyone open the pump. It's not their job to open the pump. Why should we care what broke. You seem to care so much though. I've been reading these threads with you saying you're going to take them apart and figure it out yourself for months now. I'm still waiting to hear what went wrong with them. Which not to mention, the customer opening the pump is probably going to void whatever warranty it's currently got before its sent back.

Why should a customer have to rebuild a pump every few thousand miles so that their truck runs like it should? Why can't the builder build it right the first time?

Currently the forums have you, a guy who constantly backs a failed company because you're lucky enough to get a pump that's actually working, for now. But even if yours did break, you wouldn't admit it. So since you still haven't taken some sort of an initiative to find your own solution or to find what actually goes wrong, I am asking anyone with a POS stealth pump to pm you asking for your address and to send you their garbage out of the scrap pile. No excuses for not eventually getting one now. I'm sure someone has one for you.

But when tycorr changed every single part that could have been wrong with the oil system and nothing fixed it except changing out the oil pump, that only points to one thing. He could put every one of the old parts back on and it would run the same as it does with all the new sensors in it with the pump that's in it now.

Your just so oblivious to what's right in front of your face that you won't take the facts and believe it. Get your junk pump, tear it apart, realize everyone has been right, and move the hell on.

there has been five companies in the Powerstroke world that have given me great service and parts.
Stealth is not really one of them as I have had no direct dealings with them.

yeah i wouldnt want to void a warrantee now would I

thank you for spreading the word on my wanting srp1.1's

when mine dies you will get to see the pictures of every part, I got nothing to hide.
I think ripping mine open to see its condition is some initiative, more then anyone else in this thread.

anyone else have images of their srp1.1 opened up?
not even the guys that have them fail and are not sending them back for warrantee work
they have plenty of time to whine on every hpop thread but no time to open a pump that is on the bench and snap an image or two

m j

Reaction score
^So you must still be retarded. Still going on about this. And by the way... HIS STOCK PUMP HAD 200K MILES ON IT. NOT UNDER 50K!!!!

are you aware that the srp is made from cores and that a core is a used part that may have over 200000miles on it?

Latest posts

Members online