superchargers???

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
13.5 is my best..... but my injectors were flowing less than stock if I remember lol never really got to get the fuel to it before I sold it.

I think empire wants something like 5700 for that set up and thats with out a turbo.

rossypho

Reaction score
well i figure once my injectors or head goes i want more power, since i gotta take thign off why now then. i can get a 67 or 70 turbo for 350 on ebay. i dont wana hear the ebay thing right now. seen them boost over 1000hp they work and there .8 a/r ratio i figure a 4.0 whipple runs about 2500 new 70mm turbo 350 and a nice big 90 or maybe a 100 will cost about 2000 but i can always just run the super and 70 till i see how top end is. 3000 or so for big injectors, custom gas tank in the rear, air dog and dual pumps, those really good exhaust manifolds another 1000, apf (i belive) intake manifold. i can make the custom 2 elbow intake and the pellow for the supercharger and the single turbo can feed the intake till i get twins and make another pellow on top of the super for that. and then the cost of pipe to make my own exauhst so about 400. so what. 2500+350+3000+1000=about 7000 without the cost of the fuel system and dual pumps also without the second turbo plus all the time it will take to make the pellow and the pullys work, the tunning work, and the exhaust with vband clamps. then all that to my stacks. so yeah over 10k is about right.

humm might just be smarter to get a gto and make 1000hp form that to get my 9sec vehical instead of this truck. might just have ot wait do more research and get a 6.0 block to build off and a 4r100 tranny (so more money is need to build htat to hold the hp a tq) while my gto can just run a 4l85e and 2 76 turbos and ill be ok and it wont cost my 15k for that

rossypho

Reaction score
i mean again procharged just aint the way i want to go. it take up the room of a turbo. the super goes right on top and i can feed the air from a air to air or air to water intercooler. i want my super to produce all low end tq not mid end liek roots do

the exhaust is that speed or what ever. internet in afganistan aint to great, i dont really care for remember the name for something i dont plan on ordering untill way later, nor do i want to search it up just to say a name. theres only really 1 manifold i have even come across for these trucks.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
I'm sorry man, I applaud you for trying something "different", but I really think you are not understanding the concept of running multiple power adders. If you want the Whipple and can find a way to mount it and redesign the pulley system to accommodate it, keep belt slip to a minimum so you don't shred belts, then go ahead, it is a bad ass unit, but charging doesn't work the way you are thinking...you don't completely bypass anything in a multiple charger situation. Like I said in a past post, your Whipple will force feed your turbo(s) the air they need to produce the high pressure charge. Don't try to re-invent the wheel here...:toast:

And I tried really hard to see the typo in it, but what is a pellow?:wtf:

Also, 1000rwhp in a GTO (I assume newer) is not as easy as you make it sound...stock LS blocks have the same problem the 6.0 does...not enough head bolts! So you are into a custom ERL block, or a new LSX block with aftermarket 6 bolt heads, forged internals, and a power adder of your choice. Once you get the engine to make the power, you realize the stock IFS cannot handle the power when it is in pieces at the track trying to lay it down...Also, the argument of the 4L85E is not simple either, fitment and control isn't cheap or easy. Minimum $20-25k to get a true 1000hp GTO.

rossypho

Reaction score
^ i like re-inventing the wheel it whats fun for me. i just cant have stock i love custom and i love trying tnew things. there are tones of builds out there using stock blocks and stock bottom ened making more then 800hp at 5k's these are basic builds. hell hot rod mag mad 1000hp on a 4.8block tryign to destroy the stock bottom end to see what is the limits. i am more consernded of the diff and there is a hand full of silverados running 800-1000hp usign stock 4l85e's just need a better tq converter and had stall converters for them. granted the truck is my daily so liek i siad i might just try and get a 6.0block and start tryign to re-invent the wheel for my own amusment. its also not reinventing the wheel its been done for years just not often looked at or used anymore. the supercharger bypass just stops it from boosting. it still will spin (taking hp away from the motor) but i belive its not adding the air into the motor and actually take every little hp to turn do to the fact that its bypassed. the reason for the big 4.0 is the fact that the bigger the supercharger while ypass it should require less hp to spin freeing up so hp. granted this is all in theory nothign to prove it atleast i havent found the proof yet

IdahoF350

Reaction score
^ i like re-inventing the wheel it whats fun for me. i just cant have stock i love custom and i love trying tnew things. there are tones of builds out there using stock blocks and stock bottom ened making more then 800hp at 5k's these are basic builds. hell hot rod mag mad 1000hp on a 4.8block tryign to destroy the stock bottom end to see what is the limits. i am more consernded of the diff and there is a hand full of silverados running 800-1000hp usign stock 4l85e's just need a better tq converter and had stall converters for them. granted the truck is my daily so liek i siad i might just try and get a 6.0block and start tryign to re-invent the wheel for my own amusment. its also not reinventing the wheel its been done for years just not often looked at or used anymore. the supercharger bypass just stops it from boosting. it still will spin (taking hp away from the motor) but i belive its not adding the air into the motor and actually take every little hp to turn do to the fact that its bypassed. the reason for the big 4.0 is the fact that the bigger the supercharger while ypass it should require less hp to spin freeing up so hp. granted this is all in theory nothign to prove it atleast i havent found the proof yet

I can tell you didn't like my reinventing the wheel crack, but from 20+ years experience in the automotive aftermarket I can assure you that unless you have more money than good sense you're barking at the wrong tree. It's your money, and your truck though, so good luck.

squeak12

Reaction score
You could have the supercharger clutched to not produce boost after you get off of the "low end". You would essentially be "wastegating" the supercharger. I can't speak to the cost difference, or amount of work needed, but it does qualify as different.

rossypho

Reaction score
its not that i dont liek the comment. its that i belive the comment is wrong. its old tec, i am just trying to understand how to make it work. a clutch i have though about but liek i said i though thats the purpose of the bypass. as soon as the supercharger spins the bypass should stop the turbo from producing power, and it only will recuire so much hp to spin in bypass mode. as long as i bypass it right, make sure it doesnt over spin, but make a good sized pully (like a 4.5-5 ratio pully) and make it spin top rpms when the motor is only spinning 2/2.5k it should make great low end tq and awsome boost from idle.

crazy carls turbo made his cummins first set up with the bypassv(a mustang super that had a built in bypass) and it made great numbers, throatal respons was amazing and mpg espeshally while towing cuz it took less to make the weight move

Last edited:

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Detroit Diesel was doing the combination of SC and TC years ago, so the idea has been around forever.

There are a lot of flaws in your thinking on this. Lets say you do find a way to "clutch" the SC to not spin at said RPM, how are you controlling the clutch? Then you feed everything into a common intake track, how do you shut off the path so the boost from the turbo doesn't blow back though the intake of the SC? Most of what your thinking of trying to do, there just aren't the parts available to accomplish it.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Wouldn't it just be easier to get a 6.4 and do the purple bottle mod and tuning? That set up made like 1000hp on the dyno in rudy's truck right?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.