the motor.....

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I want to see the dmax but i know this is a motor thread.
But sorry about your blow up i know the feeling LOL Feels Great to get it back running again!!

Charles

Reaction score
I'd take a good, long look at the pistons. If they've "flowered" like the CR dodge pistons, then it was timing. If it cracked at the land then it was CP spikes from.... timing, or large quantities of oxidizer combined with unadjusted timing.

If they are all cracked at the bowl exit then it was run hot too many times. Heads will probably also be cracked between the valve seats if that's the case.

And like you said, all that could have happened in a previous chassis.

I've been without mine so long now that I honestly started looking at trucks to drop my drivetrain into yesterday, and struck a deal I might act on today. Sounds like yours is a failure of the ordinary flavor though. Routine solution there, especially with a spare engine at hand.

Best of luck man.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd take a good, long look at the pistons. If they've "flowered" like the CR dodge pistons, then it was timing. If it cracked at the land then it was CP spikes from.... timing, or large quantities of oxidizer combined with unadjusted timing.

If they are all cracked at the bowl exit then it was run hot too many times. Heads will probably also be cracked between the valve seats if that's the case.

And like you said, all that could have happened in a previous chassis.

I've been without mine so long now that I honestly started looking at trucks to drop my drivetrain into yesterday, and struck a deal I might act on today. Sounds like yours is a failure of the ordinary flavor though. Routine solution there, especially with a spare engine at hand.

Best of luck man.

thanks dear. ive heard of cracking at the lands on stock motors that have seen no tuning whatsoever. we'll see, but i will be ***king pissed if the heads are cracked.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I bet you go through tires like underwear. Atleast it went out with style!

Latest posts

Members online