the motor.....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i wonder how that could have happeend? I dont know, but i do know that you should look at the wastegate good and hard and make sure its all good

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It's only the seals. Not sure what causes the seals to go. Stalling?

White_monster

Reaction score
I think Erik wrecked a piston and some debris went thru the turbos. I've talked to him lots and that seems like the logical chain OC events but without seeing the engine I can't confirm it.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Mine was probably all due to a sticking wg and shouldn't been driving it. Didn't know any better. Also blew lower radiator hose earlier in the day saw 220 h20 and 230 oil temp before stopping. At a shop now waiting on the findings.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i think dustin nailed it, when he said cc pressure pushed oil past the seals. even though it may be fine, i be taking no chances. ;)

BFT

Reaction score
probably drill another whole in the valve cover and have a bung welded for more venting?

i kinda had a feeling one of the turbos may have been hurt. sucks to know about the piston. how do the heads look?

Spatel23

Reaction score
thats not good.......

Are these gates failing because of the heat generated where they are located?

Maybe the water cooled Tial gate that Dustin posted is the answer.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2941

After hearing about Eriks and Mikes(if the gate caused it) I am concerned that this may become an ongoing issue.
With the heat generated from daily driving I am starting to think the gates internals are going bad causing the gate to fail, which then takes a turbo out.

Haller.....any results from the truck you installed one on?

I think I am going to go ahead and have Aaron switch mine over to the Tial and run water. I dont think Im going to be happy if I have to pull the cab again for this problem.

Erik/Mike are you guys going to do anything different than before in regards to the Precision gate?

Discuss......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online